Brain Freeze!- IC

Kolohehonu

"It went pretty well, she seemed to have a very good time.  She was a bit frustrated I had to leave early... prolly gonna get an earful for that later." John chuckled.  He walked over to Tyson, smiling.  

"So, we're going to Oklahoma?  Might be nice to see a bit of the country.  You going to speed us there or are we arriving seperately in which case... might have to call off of school a day or two..."

PC

"I'm sure you will. She'll probably just make you take her out again." At least Kas had picked an ok guy. The kid was a hero and willing to cut a date short to take out bad guys. That made him ok in his book. 

"Yeah there's not even a town that's how country this is. We'll be crossing two time zones in twenty minutes. This will be a long ride." Tyson said stretching out his limbs. "Plan is to scout out this compound while we have light and infiltrate at nightfall. That way we have time to see if this is just a hand off point." With that Hyperactive made a few laps around John and took off towards the compound. The world was just a blur to John and almost totally still to Tyson. 

The ride stopped on a hill over looking a dull concrete compound. Four squat buildings had been dropped in a totally nondescript place in Oklahoma. All around it was a moderately high barbed wire fence. 

John took a moment, feeling his stomach left him about 5 minutes ago, just regathering his lunch and then going back into Gargoyle.  He kept a bit quieter this time, not roaring, but there were still the squelches of his body contorting, ripping and shredding clothes, and finally silence again, his tail doing a few flicks to stretch out.  

"So, any ideas to what we're looking at, what kind of defenses outside of what we see right...?" Gargoyle takes a moment and actually looks around.

"Dear god you weren't kidding, this place is exceedingly country, how does this place not stick out like a sore thumb?"

PC 

"Yeah it did stick out, but I think there's enough space that no one notices." Hyperactive says. "I'll take a quick scout around and see what I can find." 

Hyperactive vanished in a blur of motion. He did a quick lap around the building before returning to Gargoyle. 

"Two armed guards. Assault rifles and some pretty hefty gear on them. I don't see or recognize any symbols on them though."

"Hefty gear?  You mean like heavy armor or what?  If not, we likely can take them out pretty easily... In all honesty, if we wanted to enter stealthily, we would want you doing combat.  I'm not exactly the most subtle in combat." Gargoyle whipped his tail through the air, his brow furrowed.  

"I may be helping you on this mission, but you're the leader for this one.  We'll take it how you want.  So, what would you rather we do?  Guns blazing or stealthy as can be, which I'll probably be human for the majority of the stealth, transforming if our cover is blown.  Helps me go be at least a little bit more stealthy." Gargoyle nods at the end of that.

PC 

"Looks like military or riot armor. So this isn't just some odd mad scientist, this person has funds to hire some pretty significant help."

"Let's see how far stealth gets us." Hyperactive says as he looks down at the two guards. "There is a symbol on those uniforms. Let me see if I can't kill a couple birds with one stone." 

With that Hyperactive rushed down invisibly and blasted the guard with a gust of wind and flung him into the other guard knocking him out. He reaches up and waves Gargoyle down. 

Gargoyle glides his way down and upon hitting the ground, he goes back to being John.  He goes over to the guards and takes a moment seeing if their armor would be wearable by him, but he was a bit too small and couldn't fit in it.  He shrugs and goes back over to Hyper, and throws on a bandana he found on the guards to hide his face.  

"Nice job, let's keep going... I'm really placing my trust in you, ok?" John's eyes express a fear before hardening back up and looking toward the entrance.  

"You take point or me?"

PC

"I can outrun the human eye. I'll take point. We'll go into the shadow of that nearest building." Hyperactive says, pointing over towards the nearest concrete building. 

"I'll go first, stay close. Worst comes to worst this place can't have that many guards. And Kas will kill me if we don't come back in one piece. Let's stay quiet and see what's going on here."

GM 

As Hyperactive rushed in quickly and pressed his body to the wall he heard it. The sound of footsteps. Then the sound of safeties clicking off. Just behind them and up on the roof above them, four men in similar uniforms were aiming weapons down at them. 

"Halt!" Shouted one of the guards in front of the two boys.

"Change of plans. Guns blazing." Hyperactive says before rushing towards the two guards and then to the side of one before he could even react. He lashes out with a series of side kicks and then a powerful back kick. The man went flying but his partner simply rolls with the blow and let his colleague fall. 

Hyperactive then sprints up to the two guards on the roof. 

"Hey taking the high ground. Good tactics there. Won't save you."

The two men aim and fire their rifles at Hyperactive. One of them Tyson dodges out of the way of the stream of bullets. The second set hits him, just barely glancing off him as he absorbs some of the kinetic energy. 

The last guard aims his side arm and sends a chord out at John, but his shot hits the wall instead. 

Edited by Kolohehonu

"Welp, guess life says to make it loud and proud then... Hold em back for a minute!" John shouts as he chooses to transform.  His tail pops out first strangely enough, but it is revealed why as it does help him to force his body's transformations go a little faster, though not much faster.  His wings pop out next, followed by the stony skin and muscles.  And with that, The Gargoyle has returned to wreck havoc on all of their pants!  Poops stains are notoriously hard to clean after all.

GM

"Well then!" Hyperactive says before rushing up towards the first guard and hitting him. Three roundhouse kicks launch at the man. The guard though parries away each of the blows with his rifle and Hyperactive begins to run around and around the two guards on the roof. 

The two guards press press back to back before opening fire with their rifles at the blur of a hero. 

Meanwhile le on the ground the other guard lets his tazer fall and raises his assault rifle. He lets a burst out as Gargoyle transforms but the bullets miss and hit the building. 

Gargoyle roared and charged forward allowing his wings to flap and carry him forward ever faster, becoming a missile of stone.  As he approaches, he does a smack against his fist and rams his fist right into the goons face, the one who had been firing at him.  The guy goes flying into the wall and gets embedded in the wall.  He roars and looks at the others, glaring.

GM

Hyperactive started making strafing runs. He would make a pass and take a kick or punch at the guards. It didn't matter if he hit or not, he was trying to buy time for Gargoyle to get up here and slam these fools around. 

That was was when one of them pulled out a flare. A streak of burning white phosphorus rocketed up into the air as the other guard started to lay down cover fire at Gargoyle. These two were buying time. 

Gargoyle chuckles as the bullets completely glance off of his skin.  A helpful part of the mutation, bullets just can't ever seem to penetrate his skin.  Never looked into it much, but very useful for here.  Gargoyle launches up at them and roars menacingly at them.  He launches his fist at them, but is a bit slow and the other guy manages to duck underneath it.  

"You doing ok over there Hyper?" Gargoyle yells out, not remembering exactly where Hyperactive had gotten to at this point.

GM

Hyperactive comes in quickly and strikes one guard in the gut, then he comes in with another pass and lands a hook kick in the man's face. The guard drops to his knees before Hyperactive knees him in the face. 

"I'm fine but keep your eyes up, we'll have more in bound!" Hyperactive shouts before the other guard slams his tazer into the Gargoyle's gut. The electricity arcs across Gargoyle's stony skin. 

Gargoyle looks down at the taser sticking out of him.

"You know, sometimes you should think through your decisions on attacking a creature that bullets bounce off of when all you have outside of that is a taser."

He turns around with a single motion, swinging his tail into the guard and snapping the taser out of him in one move.  The guy goes flying sideways, but stops at the rail.  Gargoyle does his typical roar and turns to Hyper.

"So... we should get moving, huh?" 

PC

"Good work Gargoyle." Smiles Hyperactive. He looks over the carnage. "We'll have more inbound soon."

"Hyperactive! What an unfortunate surprise." A voice says from the other side of the building. An old man flips up and onto the roof with the two young men. 

"Master Fu Shen, got tired of bothering the Warriors?"

PC

"The Waco Warriors, my team, have been fighting this guy for a while now." Hyperactive answers. "Part of our Master Epidemic." He'd have to thank Bonfire for that, the name was a good one. "So what this your secret base, what did you need those stolen supplies for?"

"All things are intertwined Speedster." Fu Shen mumbled. "The robberies were to attract attention, so that I could lure a hero into my trap and assure their destruction at the hands of this new class of TEROR units. Striking down the Head of the Warriors Reserves? That shall only make this victory sweeter."

"That was frighteningly clear for you Master Shen." Hyperactive says and grins. "Well I guess we'll get to learn about Oklahoma hero Law."

GM

Two other armored guards step out onto the roof of one of the other buildings and level weapons at the two heroes. Another two move quietly on the ground below surrounding them. All the weapons snap up and train on the boys. Hyperactive rushes forward towards the old man and lets loose a volley of kicks. Fu Shen leans out of the way of each of the blows before rolling along Hyperactive's back and sending a crackling beam of blue energy out towards Gargoyle. The beam slams him in the chest taking the wind out of him.

Two of the guards raise their rifles and attack Gargoyle, but the bullets simply bounce off him. Swiftly, they reload with a different kind of round and get ready to fire again. The two on the ground rappel up and aim their weapons at Hyperactive. The spray of bullets dance in the air as Hyperactive weaves in and out of the fire at blinding speed. The other two guards fire into the back of Gargoyle, but their bullets just bounce off, with a series of silent hand signals they reload their weapons with glowing blue rounds and aim again. 

As Fu Shen turnss and appears to gloat, Hyperactive lashes out with a back hook kick straight to his jaw, and then a flurry of leaping round house kicks. Each blow to the chest gives a thud loike the striking of a loud drum. As Hyperactive stands ready to deliver the knockout punch the guards fire again. One misses on purpose, forcing Hyperactive into the other's stream of fire, and a bullet goes through his costume and his shoulder. Hyperactive groans in pain as he drops to one knee. 

The other two guards open fire again on Gargoyle, this time the ammo appears to be small darts that arc with electricity. while most of them bounce off harmlessly, a few hit right at the joints and deliver a massive shock directly into John's body. 

Gargoyle gave a roar as electricity sizzled across his body, not even slowing down the great goliath.  He charged forward, and smacked the first guard with a gigantic blow to the noggin, sending the guard flying back towards Fu Shen.  The second guard Gargoyle chose to try striking with his tail, though sadly not yet very proficient with it and missed the head, hitting his body instead.  

"Damn it, really need to work on my aim... or my practice with my tail.  Dunno exactly which, difficult to work a tail when you're strangely unused to one.  What say you, Guard number 2?" He asks the guard with a genuine smile on his face.

"Doing ok over there Hyper?" Gargoyle then yells out.

GM

The guard didn't respond, instead he rolls out of the way. His gun levels again at Gargoyle. From across the roof another one of the guards fires and both hits collide with Gargoyle's chest. A cloud of smoke billows up as the other guard in that pair drops a smoke grenade causing both of them to vanish. 

"Another plan ruined, it would appear my students were not prepared." Fu Shen spits at Hyperactive. "But in any case, your days and the days of your Warriors are numbered." His hands come together as a flash of energy blinds the two heroes for an instant. As the two heroes recover the Master is gone. 

"I think he booked it." Hyperactive says. "I'll be fine. Let's clean the rest of this up."

Edited by Kolohehonu