Claremont’s Infirmary

GM Post

Claremont’s Nurses office was like most schools you would find, except you wouldn’t find some of the injuries in most places. Today there was a minor plasma burn from an experiment gone wrong and a phasing accident that looked more painful than it apparently was. Compared to that Possie Park’s broken arm seemed pretty mundane.

Of cause this wasn’t a place that Casey seemed often, if at all really, with an almost indestructible body wounds and breaks were thankfully very rare. Unfortunately her brain hadn’t got the memo and she was here for a really intensive headache, bordering on a migraine, that even caused her vision to blur a little on the edges.

Well this really stinks!

Migraines ran on Casey's mom's side of the family, and she really, really hoped they were going to skip a generation; she had vivid memories of her mom having to leave the dinner table to lie down in a darkened room ever since she was little, and it always pained her that there was really nothing she could do but play quietly, read or do her homework, all the while knowing her mom was suffering. She'd hoped her transformation would make her immune to them, but secretly dreaded that somehow they might bypass her bioenergy field and lay her low.

For now, all she could do was lay back on the examining table, her long legs dangling off the edge as the roll of white paper crinkled beneath her with every move, her hand held over her eyes as she waited for the nurse to examine her.

Edited by Heritage
  • 4 weeks later...

GM Post

Looking up at the ceiling Casey’s mind went a wandering for just a minute, even through the still stabbing pain in her head. For a moment the ceiling seemed almost transparent and she could make out a hazy image of the furniture in the room, before the ceiling looking very much solid again.

It seemed almost like she’d imagine it, even though hallucinations weren’t normal in migraines, but thinking she knew that room and everything looked in it’s rightful place. Even from below. It was easy to panic when you head felt like it could split open, but stranger things could happen when you a superhero. Even one in training.

"What the heck...?" Casey squinted her eyes, which made her head feel like it was cracking wide open, but it allowed her focus her vision a bit. But what she was seeing made no sense, like she was lying on the ground under a stack of glass boxes where shadowy figures were walking around overhead. For a few seconds she could make out a few details, but then someone fiddled with the controls and she had to squint again, and-

"Ahhhhh!" Like daggers through her eyes! She sat up, turned towards the door and called out, eyes squeezed shut and tears streaming down her face.  "Could somebody please help me? Please?" The blonde powerhouse wasn't used to asking for help; normally it was her who was helping others. She felt helpless and afraid, and she didn't like that feeling at all.

Edited by Heritage

GM Post

Unlike most schools Claremont didn’t go much for competitive sports, mostly because they couldn’t really compete with any other schools. Though it did have it’s own impromptu internal leagues, full power baseball was popular, and for few with no physical powers there was a limited athletics team. Possie was one of those few who was allowed to compete as a gymnast, people saying she was as good if not better that the last few normals that competed a couple of years ago.

With a speed from her athleticness she was quickly at Casey’s side supporting her with her well toned arms, even though one of her arms was apparently broken.

“It’s okay I’ve got you. What’s wrong?”

Casey was probably wondering the same thing, and it took a few second to realise just what was confusing her. Instead of the rich brown skin on Possie she could see only pink, and then she realised that it wasn’t her skin it was actually the rich blood filled bone of Possie’s arm!

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh thank God! Is that Possie?" The blonde powerhouse recognized her voice from watching her routines; as a bit of a jock, Casey always wanted to support her fellow athletes. She reached out to her and felt her sling, but then quickly withdrew her hands. "Oh, I'm sorry, you're hurt! I shouldn't-"

Casey suddenly yelped and jumped away from the sight of Possie's bloody skeleton looming over her, its movements indicating concern. The pain and dizziness seemed to be a bit less now that she was focusing on one thing,  but that thing was fairly horrifying. She shook her head and kept looking at the gymnast sidelong, like the way one tries to avoid staring at the Sun.

"I'm fine, just...please stand over there. No, please please please, stay over there! Don't come near me, please!" There was more than a hint of panic in her voice.

• 2 weeks later...

GM Post

Almost as soon Casey asked Possie took a few steps back, and as she did the frame of reference seemed to recede as she did, allowing Casey the rare "honor" of knowing what muscles made up a frown. Finally, she was back to her normal appearance, with a worried frown on her face. She gestured to try and get the attention of the Nurse, though Casey couldn't see if Possie had got her attention, seeming taking control of things despite the weirdness of the situation. Though this was Claremont after all!

“What wrong? Is something happening? It's okay I'm staying here for you."

• 4 weeks later...

Casey squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, before opening them again and staring down at her hands; she flexed her fingers, watching all the muscles, bones and sinews sliding beneath her skin. She was able to see where she'd broken her left index finger when she was in seventh grade, during the ski jump accident that nearly killed her; it had healed fine, but you could still see where the impact had left its mark.

"It's okay...it's a little better, I think." She gave Possie a quick, nervous smile before going back to the fascination of watching her body work. "My, uh....my eyes are different; I can see through stuff."

• 3 weeks later...

GM Post

Possie looked at Cassey with some surprise and almost subconsciously seemed to cover her broken arm with her still good hand, actually, Casey couldn't remember if she'd actually seen a break in the arm...

"Oh wow that's pretty amazing I guess? Is that why you've been having the migraines?"

Thinking about it Casey did feel a little better, though her head did still feel a little like she'd gone three rounds with Kong, though this was the first time she'd ever developed a new power so the nurse might still be a good idea.

• 1 month later...

"I think so, yeah," she said with a nod. "It, it looks like a pretty clean break." The blonde held up her arm and indicated Possie's with a tilt of her head.  "Should heal up pretty good." Casey then did her best to not look at anyone as she tried to get this whole x-ray thing under control; it was kind of like trying to find a station on an old-fashioned radio, twisting the nob back and forth until the signal became clear. Finally she got the building they were in and all it's contents to be clear as glass, and it was like she was standing outside in the quad. She could look in any direction, right through all the walls, furniture and people

"There we go! Oh wow; this is actually really, really cool!" 

Edited by Heritage