Sophistemon

ooc
Viva Val Verde (OOC)

46 posts in this topic

The thread in question; it didn't go far, but I guess it's still canon?

 

Not sure how bad bureaucracy is in AEGIS, or if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll admit to portraying AEGIS as a sort of labyrinthine governmental bureaucracy with a sprinkling of silliness here and there, but that's largely for fun and out of a distaste for being too serious.

 

AEGIS is, I'm sure, a perfectly competent organization.

Share this post


Link to post

Given that it's a clear expy for SHIELD, I tend to think of it the same way.  I like how Marvel has portrayed it in recent films: good at what they do, but just so shadowy and secretive that even Director Powers probably doesn't know everything going on.  Stories about moles and rogue spies are too much fun to make the agency entirely purehearted anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

It is, at the very least, not a flawless organization -- not in my portrayals, anyway. If it was, they wouldn't tolerate people as emotionally and psychologically abnormal as Samuel Steiner running around as deputized agents, nor would they likely allow for Ethan Stone to pilot a sizable percentage of the nation's defense budget into battle against fire-breathing supervillains and blade-armed cyborgs. They're a comic book science fiction super-spy agency and therefore at least mildly ridiculous as a matter of course.

Edited by Sophistemon

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I agree with everything that's been said here. I think the one thing AEGIS probably doesn't know about her is her time offworld, since it took place in another dimension.

 

When I started that surveillance thread for Supercape, I went back over all her threads up until that point to find out all the things they might come up with due to research, interviewing witnesses and direct surveillance, assuming they didn't have permission to bug her up until that point. And realized that it was all suspicious as hell :D

Edited by Heritage

Share this post


Link to post

Lynn can understand any spoken language; what's the general jist of what the armed men are saying?

Share this post


Link to post

More or less, 'Hands up, exit the vehicle, no funny business.'

Share this post


Link to post

Going for the Fascinate here, or would Distract be more appropriate? Either way, here's my roll.

 

1d20+20=29

Share this post


Link to post

Still more than high enough a roll to make a positive impression, Heritage.

Share this post


Link to post

Any rolls i can make for either Lynn or Gretch?

Share this post


Link to post

A standard Notice Check for both would be sufficient.

Share this post


Link to post

Grim's Notice: 1d20+15=26

 

Shrike's Notice: 1d20+10=30

 

Well of the two, Gretch is the more paranoid ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Whoa, excellent role Heritage. Kudos! I'd be lucky to get something like that once in a blue moon.

Share this post


Link to post

Am I correct in assuming that the section that starts with 'Lynn, on the other hand' is actually describing what Gretchen notices?

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe I'm wrong, but Gretchen was the one checking for technology stuff, and that part sounds like a tevh assessment.

 

Anyway, they can both relay information back and forth mentally, so it really diednt matter who sees it.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, so before I post, can I ask what your plan is here?  Am I supposed to try talking the guard into letting Warne stick around, or is it better for the story if he goes to the hotel?  Because if you don't have anything particular in mind, but rather just aren't ready to bring all the PCs together yet, then I'm down for some spying.  Warne has an awesome Gather Info bonus, and if you've got a long scene planned for Grim 'n Co., then I can even break out the Stealth, Bluff, and whatever else to really go all out with it.  Thanks to a few ranks of Luck, I shouldn't ruin the game by getting caught after a bad roll, either. 

Share this post


Link to post

I had an encounter planned for you at the hotel, but it could take place more or less anywhere on the island if you wanted to walk around and explore a bit.

 

Please, feel free to ask around and get to know the island; I have lots of notes.

Share this post


Link to post

Works for me!  I'm fine with starting out at the hotel, if that's easier for you, but after that, I'm eager to do some spying. 

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Warne! xD

 

I love seeing this story both from the perspective of the Silberman's group and the agent following them, of whom they're blissfully unaware!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now