Viva Val Verde (OOC)

Sophistemon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that it's a clear expy for SHIELD, I tend to think of it the same way.  I like how Marvel has portrayed it in recent films: good at what they do, but just so shadowy and secretive that even Director Powers probably doesn't know everything going on.  Stories about moles and rogue spies are too much fun to make the agency entirely purehearted anyway. 

It is, at the very least, not a flawless organization -- not in my portrayals, anyway. If it was, they wouldn't tolerate people as emotionally and psychologically abnormal as Samuel Steiner running around as deputized agents, nor would they likely allow for Ethan Stone to pilot a sizable percentage of the nation's defense budget into battle against fire-breathing supervillains and blade-armed cyborgs. They're a comic book science fiction super-spy agency and therefore at least mildly ridiculous as a matter of course.

Edited by Sophistemon

I agree with everything that's been said here. I think the one thing AEGIS probably doesn't know about her is her time offworld, since it took place in another dimension.

When I started that surveillance thread for Supercape, I went back over all her threads up until that point to find out all the things they might come up with due to research, interviewing witnesses and direct surveillance, assuming they didn't have permission to bug her up until that point. And realized that it was all suspicious as hell :D

Edited by Heritage
  • 1 month later...

Maybe I'm wrong, but Gretchen was the one checking for technology stuff, and that part sounds like a tevh assessment.

Anyway, they can both relay information back and forth mentally, so it really diednt matter who sees it.

Ok, so before I post, can I ask what your plan is here?  Am I supposed to try talking the guard into letting Warne stick around, or is it better for the story if he goes to the hotel?  Because if you don't have anything particular in mind, but rather just aren't ready to bring all the PCs together yet, then I'm down for some spying.  Warne has an awesome Gather Info bonus, and if you've got a long scene planned for Grim 'n Co., then I can even break out the Stealth, Bluff, and whatever else to really go all out with it.  Thanks to a few ranks of Luck, I shouldn't ruin the game by getting caught after a bad roll, either. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...