Horrorshow (OOC)

Fox

Given the mind shenanigans going on, a freebie!

Kimber can be pretty sure this is actually Indira (or, an accurate version of Indira, trapped in the illusion!), and not some weirdo fake copy he's making to fool her. With Fear Awareness up and her deep familiarity of her friend, she'd also know that Indira's mildly concerned about their situation, but her concern dropped a lot on being reunited and despite her posturing and threat she's impatiently unhappy about their situation. Psychic stuff makes her uncomfortable!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Initiative time again!

There are a lot of eyes looking for Wraith and Kimber - they don't have much time before someone thinks to look up, and the guard between the overlook and the empty space that takes up most of the center of the second floor here doesn't offer them much concealment. If they attack now, they get a surprise round; alternative, they could try something inventive to better their odds (at the cost of the surprise round itself) or find another approach.

Wraith:

Initiative Roll: 1d20+7 12

Boo, Wraith.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright; way too long on this. My apologies!

Wraith'll go ahead and Charge the angry little man:

Melee Attack Roll vs. angry little man (Charge +2): 1d20+12+2 19

Ooh, barely. Fun fact: with his toys, the little guy's PL12ish, with a Toughness trade-off. Without it? A flat PL9ish with nasty psychic tricks. Which he may not get a chance to use, at this rate!

Toughness Save vs. Wraith, DC27 (Shaken -2, Bruised -1): 1d20+9-3 12

Okay.

In the interests of brevity, Wraith'll go ahead and Surge an extra standard action, combine it with her move action, and full-round a group intimidation:

Intimidation Check (Imposing +2): 1d20+10+2 14

I said in the interests of brevity.

Intimidation Check REROLL (Imposing +2): 1d20+10+2 15

....thanks, Indira. +10 makes it 25, at least, on the reroll minimum rules.

No hand-wavey here, it's an open fight.

Intimidate Check vs. Intimidation (DC25): 6#1d20+7 17 8 26 27 18 23

Looks like two of them still want to play. They'll need initiative rolls, then!

Initiative Check: 2#1d20+2 20 19

Round 1:

angry man: KO

4x goon: standing down

21: Ghost Girl

20: Goon 1 (PL10)

19: Goon 2 (PL10)

12: Wraith (Bruised x1)

Ghost Girl's up. Did she ever get in her will save from here?

• 3 weeks later...

Ghost Girl

Move Action: Fly into position.

Standard Action: Using the 'Reap' AP on her scythe with the goal of catching both Goons in its cone:

Damage 12 (Reap; Extras: Affects Corporeal, Area [General, Cone], Selective; Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Knockback 8) [58PP]

If all goes well that's a DC 27 Toughness Save with Rank 20 Knockback.

Toughness Saves vs. Damage, DC27: 2#1d20+12 15 13

Well, alright, then. Glad to see my truly awful defensive rolls apply to jerk NPCs, too.

Goon 1 fails by 12.

Goon 2 fails by 14.

So, a stagger and a daze for both of them, and for failing by 10 or more they fall prey to that knockback. I haven't played with Knockback rules much. Let's have fun!

Their fields don't actually give them extra mass and they aren't impervious (prototypes!), so we'll say they have a -6 knockback modifier - against a rank 20 knockback, that's a Knockback 14 and they're easily taking an express trip to the nearest wall. Brick with some iron reinforcement, we'll call that Toughness 8.

Toughness Saves vs. Knockback Damage, DC23 (wall): 2#1d20+12 21 29

Thug 1 picks up a bruise (staggered, dazed, bruise x1), Thug 2 doesn't (staggered, dazed).

The wall takes 10, for an 18 - which cannot possibly cope with a DC29 knockback hit without getting holes punched through it. And y'know what's less forgiving than brick? Cars & city infrastructure.

Toughness Save vs. Knockback Damage, DC25: 2#1d20+12 23 28

Thug 1 actually got a 22, from his bruise (which I'm going to tally dynamically, because I can), so he picks up another. The second thug apparently does okay.

And that's where they'll stop.

Round 1:

21: Ghost Girl

20: Goon 1 (PL10) [staggered, dazed, bruise x2]

19: Goon 2 (PL10) [staggered, dazed]

>12: Wraith (Bruised x1)

Wraith'll go ahead and charge the guy who's a little more hurt. But first, some shapeshifting!

Elongation 1 (5ft) [2pp]
Speed 1 (10mph / 100 feet per Move Action) [1pp]
Strike 5 (Feats: Improved Critical [19-20], Mighty, Power Attack) [7pp]
[2 + 1 + 7 = 10/10pp]

Melee Attack Roll vs. Thug (Charge +2, Prone +4, Power Attack -5/+5): 1d20+12+2+4-5 31

Thaaaat'll do. DC32 toughness for the thug.

Toughness Save vs. Wraith, DC32 (Bruised -2): 1d20+12-2 24

Fails by 8, so his daze refreshes and he picks up a third bruise.

Wraith has 2HP left, I believe, so let's fast-track this. She'll surge for another attack.

Melee Attack Roll vs. Thug (Prone +4, Power Attack -5/+5): 1d20+12+4-5 26

That'll do.

Toughness Save vs. Wraith, DC32 (Bruised -3): 1d20+12-3 23

I'm dying here. Fails by 9.

Round 1:

>21: Ghost Girl (5 HP)

20: Goon 1 (PL10) [staggered, dazed, prone, bruised x4]

19: Goon 2 (PL10) [staggered, prone]

12: Wraith (Bruised x1; 1 HP)

Ghost Girl's up.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, probably not - he's not running in fear so much as taking advantage to salvage a plan that fell through.

For thread purposes, he got away with the Mysterious Alien Science Device, which I'm sure won't ever have any implications whatsoever when or if these guys show up again.