Extinguished (OOC)

Curious Key

Rainman is going to try to put a little more effort into aiming this time to make sure he gets it. Going to attack shift +4 . . .

1d20+12=24

That'll hit. 10 damage normally. Since it's a water attack . . . 10*1.5=15, 15+15=30

That'll be a DC30 toughness save, coming right up!

Edited by Curious Key

Alright. Rainman is going to make the name I've given him confusing and speed in real close and try to do something to Bonfire with an outstretched left hand that's looking kinda cold . . . Attack shift +2 . . . 

1d20+10=27

That'll hit. Now, you'll need to make a DC28 Fort save against Paralyze. 

Edited by Curious Key

. ..  Well, he's paralyzed and helpless, so. Rainman is going to coup de grace him.

Auto-crit. That's a 41 toughness save. Technically he can get through that without being knocked unconscious. If he does, he needs to make a 1d24 Fort check to avoid being knocked unconscious.

Now, I'm not seeing a way out of this even if he makes that save, considering the fort save he'd need to get out of paralyze. Your choice, but if you throw the roll and let him fall unconscious at this dramatic moment, I'll give you a hero point to use as part of your inevitable grand escape.

• 2 weeks later...

Five hands are going to extend from the darkness. Two are going to try to seize Bonfire and hold him, one trying to aid the other. The are are going to just wave around and look spooky. 

Results: 1d20+8: 13 [1d20=5]

Ooo, bad luck. Will the other hand overcome the odds and get ahold of Bonfire?

Results1d20+8: 19 [1d20=11]

The answer continues to be 'nope.' 

One of the things circling the tower will come and float in front of Bonfire. While not doing anything yet, it seems to be preparing something.

• 3 weeks later...