A Friendly Game [Open]

MBCE

The looming alien scowled at his internal scoreboard "Hm! Inarguable victory to the civic exceptionals. We declare these games closed. Ultimates! We warn that you must fulfill your side of the bargain or receive all applicable pentalties. Winner's choice of venue, loser pays all bills. We must recuse ourselves from the festivities," Dol-Druth nodded curtly to the players "though we had a most invigorating time. Hammer, in future we request that other events on this world be judged by the Manymind."

"Avian Jann, may we ask you some questions?" The planet inspector took out his comm and tapped it into life "Basic ones, the Republic is curious if your kind is related to the Eleas and we have learned some of your history from the League that encourages this theory."

"Miracle, we will be sure to ask for your and Valiant's presence at Coalition Victory Station. There have been developments that concern Earth and we would welcome a trusted native."

Turning finally to the even more imposing shape of Phalanx, the hive-mind bureaucrat added tersely "Phalanx, we wish to meet with your partner, Psyche. What must be done to make it so?"

"Yes!" cried Casey as she leaped up in the air and spiked the ball in the endzone, sending it bouncing high into the air. She then did a few celebratory cartwheels before running up to Hammer, her face flushed with enthusiasm. 

"We need to do this again! Or, you know, any kind of athletic competition, really! Like we could do a tug of war, or beach volleyball; pretty much anything like this, I will show up for in a heartbeat!"

Then her eyes went wide as an idea struck her.

"We should do it for charity! You know, like they do on Celebrity Jeopardy? Each team plays for their favorite charity, and the proceeds from ticket sales go to the winner's cause! What do you guys think?"

When the alien ambassador mentioned interstellar travel, the blonde powerhouse nodded seriously.  "Oh, okay! My friend Sakurako has been working on plans for a spaceship; maybe that could be our first trip."

Edited by Heritage

Jann was quite pleased he’d won. Perhaps even slightly happy. He swooped down from his elevated position, landing into a roll, before balancing himself out in the middle of a cartwheel and dropping back onto his feet. Both helped relax his body and stretch a few joints, and also looked good.

With that, he walked over to where the others had all gathered. He walked gracefully, even in a situation like this, each of his steps perfectly balancing his body’s entire weight. It took a bit to get used to, but looked rather good after that initial confusion.

“Yes. Ask. I do not know much about history, so I may not be able to respond properly.”

“Agree with Miracle Girl. Sounds interesting. Do not care much about the details, but will be … on board … for any other competitions, no matter what they are. Or where. Saku can probably help us with that. “

The Ultimates nodded their heads in unison at Dol-Durth's words.  Zima added, "Yeah, we keep our promises.  Besides, it was fun.  It's nice to get out and have some fun with some real heroes from time to time.  Thanks for putting this together, Hammer.  We'll have to do it again sometime.  Next time, we'll win!"

Kwame gave a short chuckle.  "You can keep dreaming, Zima.  But, yeah, I'll have to do another one of these again."  He turned to Dol-Durth and said, "Of course, Dol-Durth.  I would have it no other way.  It's hard to argue with someone like you."

When Dol-Durth turned Jann, Kwame covered his mouth to keep the laughter from escaping.  His eyes however conveied his sorrow at Jann for being asked for the interview.  Kwame had gone through the same process before everyone had arrived to play.

Miracle Girl's steady stream of questions and overall thrill of having played began doing it's magic upon Kwame.  He smiled broadly at her ideas easily agreeing to look into those options once his schedule had opened up.  "I expect I'll be pretty busy in the coming months.  I still ahve to debut with the Ultimate Wrestling League, so gatherings like this will have to wait until after that gets started.  But, yeah, I'll let you know.  All of you."

When the young hero mentions Sakurako, his eyes light up.  "I know her.  She helped me send out the invites for this get together.  Let her know I said hello."

• 2 weeks later...

"Awesome, I will!" hen she turned to face the entire group. "Okay, now the important question is, where do we eat? I usually do better at a buffet-style restaurant, because otherwise it's just not cost effective." Then she looked around the park, her amazing eyes scanning the area.  "Also I could really use a shower, because-" She pointed down at her sweat and dirt stained uniform.  "I don't feel right going out to eat looking like this. Or I could just swing home, clean up, and meet you all wherever."

• 4 weeks later...

GM

Plans were made for the dinner for later in the day at one of the steak houses found in the city center.  The Ultimates were good to their word and managed to pony up just enough money to keep everyone happy with the meal.  Contact information was exchanged and promises to meet again in the future.  

Overall, it truly was a a worthwhile Friendly Game of football.

~Fin~