[IC] Rock, meet Paper

olopi

Ralf couldn't deny thar Outlaw was distracting. He really did want to know what that whole fire business was about. As far as Harper went, h3 couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. No matter what he said, Ralf could tell that it was fear driving him. He was here precisely because his father didn't want him to live that way.

Harper wasnt beyond saving, but today probably wasn't that day.

He turned to look at John. "Probably not how you saw your first day going, huh?"

He blinked as fire and smoke kept erupting from the cowboy left and right, and then all just finally stopped.  He breathed a sigh of relief, wondering how it went from threats of burning to nothing.  He took a look at Harper, and found that he had all but turned into water.  He chuckled and said towards Harper , "Oh, so that's your power.  I honestly don't see trying to fight the classically opposed element, fire, but whatever I guess."

John looks at the person who he thinks is called Tex, because he hasn't heard another name from anyone else yet, "Tex, I feel ya, but trust me, this guy isn't worth the time.  If you wanna goad him into some sort of sparring match to try beating some sense into him, come call me.  I fully believe I could now.  But right now isn't the time."  With Tex's release Harper, John lets go of the breath he had apparently been holding and turns to Ralf, "Well, I asked for help to find the dorms, and I got people being almost boiled.  Admittedly not how I thought I would start my new year here, no."

GM

The elemental took a step (or something comparable to it) backwards, his frown lifting slightly. Still he was quite loud, screaming almost. He looked over towards the gym, his eyes focusing on the clock on the side for just a moment.

“Ugh, screw you. This isn’t over yet. I can see it in your eyes, you’re just waiting for the right moment.” He turned around, as first parts of his body began to shift back towards a more human form. His movements were sudden and forceful, even if it appeared that the pheromones began to take some effect once more.  “Now c’mon, gym’s about to start, let’s go guys. “With that, he walked away, his entourage looking at each other with a look of uncertainty on them, but then following. Once more, the group of teens got an approving nod by one of Harper’s buddies, who also worded what appeared to be a “sorry”, before turning around and hurrying to catch up with the group again.

Edited by olopi

Jake didn't reply, just gritting his teeth. Waiting for the right moment - he had your right moment right here, chummer. He resisted the urge to make a rude gesture at the jerk's back, before letting out a rush of breath. Thankfully, it wasn't smoking - just ordinary carbon monoxide.

"One of these days..." He lifted up his hat just far enough to run a hand through his hair; looking at John with a far less severe mean. Still scowling, but more...at himself, if that made any sense. "Y'right. He ain't worth it. Just...have a hard time rememberin' that whenever he shoots his damn mouth off." Head-shake. He gave Lily a look, a somewhat apologetic one, before putting his hat properly back on his head. A somewhat crooked smile got bounced between her, John, and Ralf. "Welcome t'Claremont Academy."