Jump to content
Blarghy

Psichology [OOC]

Recommended Posts

Blarghy   

OOC for this thread.  Note that this should be pretty freeform, without any rolls that I anticipate, so this is mostly a place for questions and clarification. 

 

In that vein, please make your opening post a description of whatever dream you wish for Presto to have, when Baku rudely invades it.

Share this post


Link to post
Blarghy   

I feel the need to point out that the title isn't a misprint; I wanted to make a reference to psionics, in case that was unclear.  My backup idea was to do something with Freud, but I went with this instead.  Hopefully I don't regret it in the future, because it's a little late now!

 

Also note the Content warning in my opening IC post.  Presto is delving into the mind and memories of a career agent who has been in a lot of nasty situations, and while I don't think I'll be going anywhere that other games on these forums haven't already been (certainly not over the PG-13 rating), it won't be a leisurely stroll in the park either.  Bring a flashlight, children, because this may get pretty dark. 

Share this post


Link to post

Presto is going to flip a coin. Heads, he follows the figment along the 'obvious' path; tails, he exits through the window and gets a closer look at what's going on outside. There are, after all, a few different ways down.

 

Coin flip: 1d2 2.


Tails it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Blarghy   

Is he just waiting on the roof to try to listen in on young-Warne's conversation?  Or walking around to get at the back yard, or some other destination (I can provide a more detailed layout of the house and its grounds if you like)?  Since he just saw one of the mind's guardians driving down the street, I assume he isn't just standing there in full view waiting to be spotted. 

Share this post


Link to post

Presto is going to keep low and out of sight -- maybe even slink flat on his belly to keep from being seen from the street -- and listen in on young-Warne's conversation. That's been the driving force of the mission so far, right? To learn more about Warne and get an appreciation for how he is who he is? I'm glad I decided to come out this way, because I get another story. I would appreciate a more detailed examination of the house and its environs, if it isn't too much trouble. You can just work it into your post, if you'd like; no need to type it out twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Blarghy   

When I originally planned this scene, Presto was almost in the middle of it, but I think it's actually scarier this way, when you can't see exactly what's going on.  He does, after all, have a general idea of what's about to happen anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, this is giving me the willies already.

 

Will Presto need to move to keep tabs on the rest of the conversation? Can he stay on the roof for the time being, or will he need make an entrance into the house?

Edited by Sophistemon

Share this post


Link to post
Blarghy   

The conversation is probably about to get pretty screamy, so I expect that soon, he'll want to move anyway.  But he should probably realize that if these phantoms are going inside, then he won't be able to clearly hear them from his current position. 

 

As a bit of OOC knowledge, he eventually needs to get back in the house either way, since that's where he'll find the bridge to the next memory. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×