• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay,so:

23 - Bonfire | 1 HP  | Bruised 1

19 - Solemn | Unharmed

1 - Leviathan |  1 HP  | Bruised 1

Bonfire's gonna do something stupid and spend his (only!) HP for an Alternate Attack:

Heatblast – Damage 10 (Extras: Alternate Save (Fortitude); Feats: Accurate 4; Extended Reach 3 (20’))

And will then proceed to attack with it:

Attack: 1d20+12 14

And miss horribly.

Solemn, on the other hand, is just gonna move backwards a bit and unload on Leviathan.

Attack: 1d20+10 26

I believe that hits, adding in 4 Damage for Autofire that adds up to a

DC 33 Toughness Save

Toughness: 1d20+17 26

That's a failure of 7, so Leviathan is Dazed and Bruised, yes?  I'd rather not waste my only Hero Point to reroll it, this early in the fight, especially since he should regenerate the Bruise, at least, on his turn right after being shot. 

Speaking of Bruises, why does Leviathan already have one on your chart?  When did that happen?  If it's not a misprint, then my roll would be one point lower. 

That Bruise is me screwing up, yeah. It shouldn't be there.

Also yeah, that's a Dazed and Bruised, correct.

19 - Solemn | Unharmed

1 - Leviathan |  1 HP  | Bruised 1, Dazed

The Bruise regenerates, so it's just a Daze

19 - Solemn | Unharmed

1 - Leviathan |  1 HP  | Bruised 1, Dazed

Now then, time to continue this!

Bonfire's gonna feint Solemn, as a Move Action, so -5 : Feint, Bluff check: 1d20+16 23

Solemn's opposed Check: Sense Motive: 1d20+12 21

He just about falls for it!

And then, another attack:

Attack: 1d20+12 22

Which hits, meaning he gets to save against a Fort25:

Fort Save: 1d20+10 20

He's Dazed and Bruised, yay!

19 - Solemn | Dazed, Bruised 1

1 - Leviathan |  1 HP  | Dazed

You're up!

Alright, going for another mundane attack, but this time I'll shift 2 points from Defense to Attack (gotta get the All-Out Attack feat soon so I can move more points around).  This drops Leviathan's Defense to +5 for the next round and kicks his Attack up to +14. 

Attack: 1d20+14 26  Hopefully that's enough!  DC27 Toughness if it is. 

That just about hits!

Toughness Save: 1d20+10 23-1 -> 22

Can't really further daze him, unfortunately.

23 - Bonfire | 0 HP  | Bruised 1

19 - Solemn | Dazed, Bruised 2

1 - Leviathan |  1 HP  |

So, Bonfire's up again. One more heat blast coming right up:

Attack: 1d20+12 15

And it goes wiiiiiide

Then, as a free action, another feint

Feint, Bluff check: 1d20+16 32

And even with the +1 from this being the second attempt:

Sense Motive: 1d20+13 14

Solemn falls for it! Using Set Up to give the Bonus over to Leviathan, go get him! :D

Alright, in light of that, I'll shift from Defense to Attack again, and then put those points right into Damage, via Power Attack (which Leviathan also doesn't have, meaning that I can only move around 2 points).  This keeps his Defense at +5, his Attack at +12, and puts his Damage at DC29.

Attack: 1d20+12 17

Hmmm...don't want to risk it; I'll spend my only Hero Point to reroll that.

Attack: 1d20+12 31  There we go.  Toughness DC29, as I said.

Toughness Save: 1d20+8 10

Ouch. That would mean he's out.

Let's downgrade that to a Staggered, and have him take an Action, meaning Leviathan gets 2 HP, Bonfire gets 1

23 - Bonfire | 2 HP  | Bruised 1

19 - Solemn | Staggered, Bruised 3

1 - Leviathan |  2 HP  |

Bonfire's gonna continue doing what he does best, attack with some heat, even if he's noticing that it's getting low, oh-oh.

Attack: 1d20+12 31

That hits alright, so that's a DC25 Fort Save! Or it would be, if Solemn hadn't taken an action, as it now is a  DC 19 Fort Save instead! And as he absorbs the heat, he also gets to make a recovery roll against his Staggered Condition! Oh no!

Fort Save: 1d20+7 18 He doesn't make his save, add another Bruise.

Healing: 1d20+6 13 That, apparently, is enough already. Huh, did not know Healing was that powerful!

Bonfire will try to distract to avoid things going south!

Distract: 1d20+16 33

Sense Motive: 1d20+14 22

And it works, so he's Dazed again! Wheee! Let's just buy that off with a HP, honestly, he needs to get in some moves too.

23 - Bonfire | 3 HP  | Bruised 1

19 - Solemn |  Bruised 4

1 - Leviathan |  2 HP  |

Which also means he is free to act again! Scary!

He'll shoot forwards a grenade, a Damage 12 Area

So that's a DC 22 Reflex save to half the damage from the inital explosion from 27 to 21.

And then, the roof also gives in to the explosion, which means that, for Leviathan, there's another ... let's say DC 15 Reflex Save to avoid falling. It probably won't do much beyond slow him down, but still!

Bonfire's currently floating, so that's not a problem this turn, but what about next one?....

Reflex Save: 1d20+6 21

Toughness Save: 1d20+10 24

23 - Bonfire | 3 HP  | Bruised 2

19 - Solemn |  Bruised 4

1 - Leviathan |  2 HP  |

Leviathan's up again!

Cool, reflex saves; I haven't gotten to make many.

Reflex: 1d20+4 9  ...And that would be why.

Toughness: 1d20+17 34

Reflex: 1d20+4 19

At least he doesn't fall through the ceiling.  So, unharmed, he rushes Solemn again.  Still shifting from Defense to Attack, but this time I'll leave the points there, for a +5 Defense, +14 to hit, and the usual DC27 damage.  Hopefully those Bruises will do the job for me.

Attack: 1d20+14 23  I doubt that hit, but we'll see!

It hits, thanks to the slight modifications made by Solemn!

Toughness Save: 1d20+16 28 That's -4 from the Bruises I forgot, which brings it to 24, and thus, another Bruise

And this triggers his armor's electric discharge, which is a DC 27 Toughness Save, plus a DC 20 Fortitude Save against Stun. Doing this also seems to blow out something on his armor, so chances are he can't really use this again.

I'll have Solemn's next turn up after I know the effect of those rolls, as it's quite important for what he does next.

Okay, next up's Bonfire. Bonfire, who runs out of fuel this turn! Which means that, first of all, he gets a HP for the Complication. Then, as he's currently flying, he plummtes downwards. Through the hole, into the building below. I'll say ... 20 ft in total, so a DC17 save. Of course, as his Toughness also depends on his powers, that's still gonna hurt! He actually gets a total of 0 due to his bruises.

Toughness Save: 1d20 19

Huh, So much for that. After that, he'll spend the rest of his actions to get outta dodge.

23 - Bonfire | 3 HP  | Bruised 2

19 - Solemn |  Bruised 5

1 - Leviathan |  3 HP  | DC 27 Toughness Save, DC 20 Fortitude Save pending

So...should I roll Toughness?  Your IC post seems to say that Solemn's attack hit (which, with Leviathan's lowered Defense, is probably a safe bet). 

And I get the impression that you're setting up for the villain to escape?  I'm happy to work with you to give Leviathan a reason not to pursue him, if that's the case. 

Oh, damnit, sorry, I forgot to send the post

Anyways, the forums were nice enough to keep it, so here goes:

Yeah, thanks fot those!

Okay, seeing as how he's barely managing to make Levithan flinch, he'll fire off another few rounds at him, all the while running towards the hole and jumping down, after Bonfire.

Attack: 1d20+10 20

So, that's a DC29 Toughness Save again. And now you're up, yeah.

Toughness: 1d20+17 18 ...Yeah, gonna hero point that one.

Toughness: 1d20+17 21  That's only a 4, so we add 10 to it, yes?  For a total of 31?  Assuming so, is Leviathan able to follow Solemn and attack him again, or do I need to do anything differently, now that he's escaping into the house below?  I would think that Leviathan's movement speed is good enough to give chase, but I wanted to check and make sure.

Okay, Solemn's gonna spend his full action to chase after Bonfire.

Levithan's faster though, so catching up is mainly an issue of fitting through the narrow doorway (DC 15 Athletics/Escape Artist), or breaking through it. The hallway and stairs are a bit wider, just enough for Leviathan to stand in, but I'd say he gets a -2 to Attack and Defense due to it being cramped.