The Young Woman and the Sea [OOC]

Blarghy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey has Super-Senses 6 (Extended Vision 3 [10,000 ft], Infravision, Microscopic Vision 1 [Dust-size], Radio) and Notice +10 with Skill Mastery, so she can take a lot in. She's being respectful and not snooping, but she may well catch something the other journos miss.

Oh, I think that'll come in handy soon enough, yes.  Still, since you've reminded me, I have something for you in the mean time.  MG doesn't have any Life Sciences ranks, so she won't be able to figure out too much based on what she sees, but give me a Medicine check.  At your actual +2 bonus, too--that skill, as well as Notice, Pilot, Stealth, and Survival, doesn't actually have your full Ability bonus on your sheet.  Might want to notify the mods about that, the next time you submit some edits.

Medicine DC15:

Spoiler

The heat she sees doesn't appear to be from illness.  Much of it stems from the doctor's digestive tract, as though he has a biological furnace hidden away for extremely efficient nutritional recovery.  Furthermore, the muscles all over his body shed heat in a way that Casey has seen before in stamina-heavy athletes, suggesting well-developed slow twitch fibers.  Dr. Delacroix appears to have impressive lungs too; when he inhales, she can see just how much of the cooler air he swallows, compared to the people around him.  Despite his decidedly unimpressive physique, he has quite a lot in common with professional swimmers, or perhaps a marathon runner.  How curious.

While I'm at it, I'll also offer you the chance to use your "Are you going to finish that?" Complication sometime during the scene, if you want an early Hero Point.  MG would need to take advantage of the buffet in a way that either keeps her from paying attention to what's going on around her, or draws unwanted attention, or something else along those lines.  Don't feel pressured, but the option is there.

xD  Yeah, that's worth a Hero Point.

Name             HPs   Initiative    Damage     Status Conditions

Leviathan       1        N/A              None           None

Miracle Girl     2        N/A              None           None

Mmhm.  I need to update his age on his sheet, now that you mention it; I'll try to remember that for my next edit.  Either way, he's still quite young--and thus inexperienced and often impatient, which is fun to play!  I look forward to the character arc of him perhaps slowly improving as the games go on. 

Your combination of Extended vision, a good Notice bonus, and Skill Mastery all means that you don't need to roll to spot the man (he's not exactly hiding anyway; it's mostly a matter of distance that keeps from alerting anyone else in or around the building), but determining what he's saying will require a check.  Don't forget to use your proper bonus of +11.

Notice DC25:

Spoiler

Part of Casey's difficulty turns out to be the man's accent; she's pretty sure he's Irish.  His word choice is more outlandish in and of itself; he seems to be an odd one, on top of whatever abilities he apparently has.  As best she can read his lips, he says:

"Oooh, aren't you a pretty one.  And lookit yer brighty-tighty little costume, so slim an' skin-huggin'.  Do yer parents know you dress like tha' in public?"

Give me a Stealth check, I think.  MG is quite fast enough to just speed by most people and cameras, of course, but prior to quickly flying up to the roof, her level of civilian sneakiness will determine whether or not anyone keeps track of where she seemed to go, and how much they care. 

Indeed so.  That's good enough to not only avoid attention from the staff, but to get a surprise action before combat starts.  MG can fly fast and far enough to intercept any of the four attackers in whatever fashion she chooses.  After that, feel free to also roll initiative. 

She can crush the bat as the rest of her action in the Surprise Round, sure.  Teleport-guy is now unarmed.  You can also make another Medicine check as part of MG's infared scanning.

Medicine DC15:

Spoiler

Based on the heat distribution of both women, Miracle Girl felt confident that both were deeply unhealthy, even beyond their cosmetic issues.  The individual with minor physical discrepancies probably wasn't too terribly damaged, but her companion with the nearly-melted face appeared to have shallow breathing, an irregular heart rate, and poor blood circulation.  Her whole body was a brighter shade than the other attackers, indicating a high fever. 

And Initiatives:

Copy Error: Initiative: 1d20+8 10

Temporal Displacement: Initiative: 1d20+2 7

Just in case, I'll also do the security guards.  We'll use the Police Officer archetype from the core book.  Speaking of them, because of the presence of "civilians" both being held at gunpoint and the (currently unaware!) people inside the building, MG gets another Hero Point for having to protect the squishy normal humans.

Initiative: 1d20+1 13

Name                                  HPs   Initiative    Damage     Status Conditions

Miracle Girl                          2        24               None           None

Security Guards (2)             N/A    13               None           None

Copy Error (3)                     N/A    10               None           None

Temporal Displacement       N/A     7                None           None

Leviathan                            1        N/A             None           None

None of them can match MG's high initiative, so it's back to you, after I make my IC post.  Everyone else is currently flat-footed until their first action, as usual.

According to the Mods in chat, you'll need to roll your end of the Trip check as well.  1d20+Str (or half of your Strength bonus, for anybody who makes their save).

Copy Error Prime: Reflex: 1d20+12 15

CE1: Reflex: 1d20+10 18

CE2: Reflex: 1d20+8 15

And all three of them fail!  So, roll with your full bonus and I'll then check against that.  This is a pretty involved (but useful!) power you've got. 

Cool.  Of the three defending options, their Acrobatics skill has the highest modifier, so we'll see how that goes.

CEP: Acrobatics: 1d20+10 13

CE1: Acrobatics: 1d20+8 28

CE2: Acrobatics: 1d20+6 8

Shame they can't split the differences there.  :P  So two of the three are now Prone, and we move onto the two security guards.  I think that the one duplicate still on her feet is able to keep her gun aimed at one of the men, so he'll give up his action, but the other one standing near Miracle Girl will be emboldened by her presence and draws his pistol to shoot at the still-standing CE1. 

Attack: 1d20+3 16  And since she's flat-footed, that actually hits.

Toughness: 1d20+10 19  But it fails to do any damage.

In her surprise and mild panic about this whole situation, CE1 will fire at the security guard she's already aiming at.  CE2 will retaliate against the other security guard who just shot her fellow duplicate, and the primary villain will shoot at Miracle Girl herself.  Before I make those rolls, would you like to spend your Interpose attempt for this round to help either of the guards?  Keeping in mind that MG can only jump in front of one, and the teleporter hasn't gone yet at all for this round. Of course, since you made that Medicine check, I'm fine with MG realizing that the two duplicates are probably less effective than their primary source, and the second duplicate, CE2, is likely the least dangerous of all.

Name                                  HPs   Initiative    Damage     Status Conditions

Miracle Girl                          2        24               None           None

Security Guard 1                 N/A    13               None           None

Security Guard 2                 N/A    13               None           None

Copy Error Prime                 N/A    10               None           Prone

Copy Error 1                        N/A    10               None           None

Copy Error 2                        N/A    10               None           Prone

Temporal Displacement       N/A     7                None           None

Leviathan                            1        N/A             None           None

Edited by Blarghy