Behind the Wall of Sleep

angrydurf

"Its always children if there are boogeymen rumors," Ray said simply and for a moment, his bright blue eyes looked sad and impossibly old in his relatively youthful features. Rubbing his hand over the stubble of his jaw, the blonde angel sighed and discarded the remains of his food in the trash can as the other two men collected themselves. "But it hasn't gone to injury. Yet." 

Digging in the pocket of his jeans, Ray pulled out some folded paper with obvious care. "This is from a church that a volunteer at," he explained simply as he held out first one drawing that would have looked in place in a scary movie. Sad faces in rough childish scribble and shadows in the background. "And this one's from another place I work; a mosque." Similar figure in a different child's hand. "Two in the same week is enough coincidence to make me do a little bit of digging. That little bit of digging is enough to come pester you before things get worse."

Carson's face might as well be carved from granite, with how little emotion he's let physically show.

"Then this boogeyman, or group of boogeymen, won't ever harm any children. That's simply how things will go."

His tone is simultaneously intimidating and inspiring; Ray and Ellis felt a slight surge of confidence, that, yes, they can and will stop these monsters before children come to harm. And these monsters, they won't like that. 

"The only beings for whom this is going to get worse are the boogeymen. So. Do we have a place we can or should go to, to...draw them out? I've never encountered one directly, and my own knowledge is sketchy.Also would be good to know how best to combat this particular pest infestation."

Ellis was thoughtful for a long moment as he examined the pictures each in turn.  Setting them aside he nodded slowly, "If it is Him he's showing unusual restraint."  was his eventual reply, "He usually prefers to show off a bit more than these pictures indicate."  

"Certainly fits the profile for my areas of interest though."  he acknowledged solemnly and looked to the stern faced Carson, "At the least no further harm."  he agreed with a hint of frustration in his voice.  It was far to easy for things to slip past the veil and to difficult to detect when they did until symptoms began.

"We need to investigate what exactly is troubling the children."  he explained succinctly, "Then we can find how best to counteract it."  he nodded firmly there were yet too many uncertainties.