Redline News

Ra-endome

"Rich Royer here folks! A young man has just moved to Freedom City, and as usual, I am the first reporter to see him!
"On the spot when it's hot!

"We sat down at his 17th story penthouse apartment overlooking Liberty Park.
"Good afternoon! I'm Rich Royer, welcome to Freedom City's Free News!"

"Indeed. Good afternoon to you and to our viewers as well. I'm Charles Wyndum the fifth, but everyone tends to call me 'Redline'!"

"Well, let's get right to it then!" They both sat down. A cool breeze gently caressed them as the clouds far above blew by. 

"Would you like some tea?" The one-armed, slender Asian-American asked, stirring 5 tablespoons of sugar into his own cup.

"Where are you from?"
"I was born and raised in New York City. I have just moved here on my own."

"How would you describe yourself? Is this different from how others would?"
*sips his tea 

"I'm young and, uh, 'ready', I guess. Others have told me that I'm pushy, arrogant, angry for no good reason, but what can you do?" *sings "Can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself. Lat da da da!"

"Do you have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?"

"I sing whenever a part of a song occurs to me, and I don't really like most music that was made after 1990."

*sings: "Sing along if you feel that happiness is the truth!"

"What is your motivation?"
"My Psychiatrist says that I'm compensating for having had distant parents when I was growing up. Dad was always busy with his business ventures, and Mom had a very active social calendar, but neither ever really trusted the Nannies (we had about 3 per year). I just know I love to be on stage and I couldn't act my way out of a paper bag. I love being on television and on podcasts. I love setting new airspeed records in experimental aircraft!"
*Sings: "Takin' care of business! Every day! Takin' care of business! Every way!..."

"What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?" 
"I don't get afraid very often, and I never panic. Since the accident, I can shrink down to six inches tall. I'm very familiar with a lot of scientists, experimenters, and inventors.
"Hmmm. When I get angry, I get really, really angry."
 *Sings: "ding da di ditta ditta ding da di ditta ditta, But when David Banner becomes angry, a startling metamophosis
occurs!"

"What do you love? What do you hate?"

"Are you repeating on purpose? I love being appreciated, applauded, and adored. I hate people who think they can give me orders because they're old, or because they're an "air marshall"!"   *sips his tea.

"Describe your mental and emotional state?" 

"Ohhh, geeze! In what terms? Do you want me to send you my last psych-eval?"

"What do you fear the most?"
*stands up, goes over to the desktop, runs the recording DVD back a bit, to where it shows him answering:
"What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?"
"I don't get afraid very often, and I never panic."
*Sings: "...and they're all made out of ticky-tacky, and they all look, just the same!"

"What is your greatest ambition?" 
"I'm not sure yet. I would like to do something that thousands of people could enjoy and feel grateful to me for at the same time. Something big, something meaningful."  *sips his tea 

"How do you feel about the state of the world and your place in it?"
"I'm not sure I understand the question. I'm alive, so things are great! Does the world have challenges? Certainly! But each one is an opportunity for someone to shine!! I have a chance to be one of those somebodies!"
 *Sings: "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air! I never thought I could feel so free-ee-ee!"

"Do you have any prejudices? How do you get along with others?"
"I don't think so. I tend to post-judice."

"What are your loyalties? In what order?"
"Hmm. My current project (whatever it is), then my self, then my friends, then my family, then my nation, then the planet, then my city, then the Solar System, then my state, then whatever sports teams I am invested in...."

"Do you have a lover or partner?"
"Not yet! I mean, nothing that has lasted. But I remain hopeful."
 *Sings: "One is the loneliest feeling that you'll ever know! Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number 'one'..."

"Do you have a family? What is the relationship there like?" 
"I have a Father and a Mother, but I was an only child. I'm pretty sure I already talked about them.

*flicks Rich's forehead. "Testing, one, two! Is this thing on?"

"How would the people closest to you describe you?" 

"Well, right now you are the one who is closest to me. How would you describe me?" 

*hums the Jeopardy tune.

"Are you a role model?"

"Not yet. Hopefully, someday!"   *sips his tea 

"How spiritual are you? Do you follow a religious tradition?"

"I know that there is a metaphysical reality. I've watched real wizards, and read a bunch of stuff - - Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Illusions, a number of books that have been channeled from 'Seth' to 'Abraham Hicks', and I'm really interested in manifesting and the Law of Attraction - - but I'm not religious. I've been told that when I want to find a wife I should join a church. Whenever I'm feeling the need for church-like experiences I attend a Sunday Service at a Universalist Unitarian Church and that cures me of the affliction!"
*Sings: "...totally recommend you to the Spirit in the Sky! That's where I'm gonna go when I die..."

"Are you part of a team, would he like to be? Why?"
"No, but that would be great!! All the most effective and famous heroes were in teams!"

"How do you feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?" 

"We have a place? Where is that, exactly?"   *sips his tea 

"If you could give one piece of advice to yourself, what would it be?"
"When you start getting irritated with someone, don't be a smart-ass immediately, shut up! Write that stuff down!!"

Edited by Ra-endome