Emerald City Makeover

Ari

@Avenger Assembled Deciding on placement in the timeline, I think we can afford to move it back to just before the big changes hit. The rest can be decided in play.

Apart from that it's largely the same, besides the slight tonal and aesthetic adjustments upthread, so not much work needed.

Changes so far

Columbia instead of the Albian River

Chinook instead of Hekawi

Different construction and visual style

Not a long list.

@Raveled I don't see why we can't have people operate in different places and still be Freedom Play-by-Post. Edge is primarily associated with international dealings and UNISON now, we have an entire superteam that's just for the U.K. and several that are just for space

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were shooting for a "City of Tomorrow" sort of feel, right? A San Fransokyo sort of feel?

Perhaps that could spring from investment from Japan during it's bubble economy of the 80's and early 90's, with a lot of Japanese firms still calling EC home, although not as prevalent now, but the boom in advanced, earthquake-proofed construction is a thing, particularly in the downtown area.

I am envisioning solar panels and windfarms are a thing there. Perhaps a massive, experimental windfarm out in the ocean at the mouth of that large bay out of shipping lanes.

Edited by The Sailor

That and its name is ripe for all the "green city" jokes imaginable. And it fits very well with the broader theme of hidden things since this magificent edifice is built on top of another city claimed by the nature it's trying to be part of.

San Fransokyo is a pretty good comparison, and I especially like the idea of the various styles not competing so much as blending and melding across the city. A place equally alien to everyone else and equally familiar to everyone there.

And of course all that newness and strangeness helps enormously with the atmosphere of something new and fresh, a stark break from the NYC-lite of Freedom and other East Coast cities with a majorly European influence.