Deadbolt (OOC)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Sure. Tin Hat is technically flat footed so his defence will be low. You could try a disarm, sunder, or grapple. or, if you are being more direct, a straightforward punch him out. 

It would be reasonable to try and just interject yourself in between the two - it would probably give you a chance to intimidate or bluff, or even make a diplomacy roll at -10 for the time it would take, but does raise the risk of a cudgel to the face!

Echo will attempt to interpose herself in between Tin Hat and Deadbolt, and try to use Diplomacy to talk him down.

Echo's Diplomacy check: 1d20+10 23

Whoops. I feel like getting into a scrap with this guy right now would be a pretty bad idea, so I'll go ahead and use a HP for a reroll.

Echo's rerolled Diplomacy check: 1d20+10 22. I hate you, Orokos.

Edited by R. Bluefish

Hmm. Okay, couple of quick questions: roughly how fast does Deadbolt appear to be going? Not asking for an exact figure, of course - but would Echo estimate that she could catch up to him, or is he pretty much gone like a shot?

Also, just on the offchance - do his powers trigger any of Echo's Dimensional/Temporal Awareness senses?

They do indeed trigger Echo's dimensional awareness. Something is very off with him!

Speed; well he technically has Speed 7 (1000mph), so he is actually slower than Echo, by a bit. She can tell that much. That said, travelling at full speed through dark, slimy, twisting Sewers may well be another matter! So he is not going that fast. 

Also, at these speeds you can have a degree of tracking - the filth (literally, the Sh*t) will be spraying everywhere! Don't go overboard with the gross factor on the IC thread, however!

With Echos strength and speed thats no problem; technically TinHat will need to be grappled; which is unlikely to cause a problem but will require both hands (without the Improved Grapple feat). Probably need some rolls to hit (his Defence is 16, or +6), and an opposed grapple roll (his is Resist Grapple: 1d20+10 28)

So it does depend a bit on what you want to do! :)

Hammered out issues in chat!

Sewer chase upcoming!

To kick off, there will be some parkour stuff; fallen masonry. Its toughness 12, weighing about a ton. You can vault it (Acrobatics DC 15), or overrun it, or blast it, etc etc. 

At the moment, Deadbolt has a slight lead from the initiative he took. 

Hmm. This is an odd question to ask, given the character I'm running, but can that Acrobatics check be made untrained? Echo's Acrobatics ranks are an Enhanced Trait folded into her Array, and that Array is currently occupied with Speed. If you rule that she can vault the obstacle without skill ranks, then it shouldn't be a problem, because she has a raw +10 Dex and Skill Mastery. If not, I'll figure something else out.