Intro Thread

So Cassandra is ready to storm the beaches of Freedom City and I was hoping to find an intro thread to help get her established. Her background puts in her a shipping container arriving at the FC docks. Would someone be willing to help me get her acclimated to the city? She's got some typical new arrival things to sort through (housing, work, immigration status) so some street level adventures to help her get her feet wet would probably work best.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm traveling this weekend. I'll only be around at night and likely not at all on Monday.

Edited by SoullessGinger

Do you actually want a thread about Cassandra getting a roof over her head, getting a job, etc, or do you just want a quick introductory adventure to get experience with the system and let the character get some connection to other PCs?

I'm honestly fine with either one. I assumed that the logistics and minutia of daily life would be required since I took the Impoverished drawback. She doesn't even own a cellphone.

Your question also makes me realize that this is a bit of a tall order for just one pc. I can fast-forward her timeline a bit and have her a bit more settled to pursue your latter suggestion.

You can spread it out over several threads. There's at least one active PC that started out homeless, got an apartment in one thread, a job in another, and so forth. Another thing to consider is that Cassandra's powers allow her to live in situations that other people would find intolerable; she might not like living in a place without heat, but she won't freeze to death in the winter. Last, some of this can be handwaved. If Cassandra's just going to have a job at 7-11 or Macy's, we don't necessarily need a thread about that.

Edited by Raveled

Thanks! I meant to log in that last night but my travel plans took a left turn on me. Southwest cancelled my flights after I waited at the airport for 9 hours. So I rented a car and spent 12 hours driving. Now that I've had a chance to rest and shower, I'm thinking I might start a thread on the waterfront and let people pop in, throw aliens at her, what have you.

I should have time to get that running Tuesday night, assuming my travel plans don't get completely screwed up again.

Edited by SoullessGinger