Nuclear Option

GM

"We get out of here!" agreed Marie, nodding to her shaken soldier comrade. 

"We get the hell out of here!" he agreed, more passionately, reloading his weapon. 

"But first!" said Marie, pausing a moment. 

Pulsing green energy flowed like a waterfall from her goggled eyes, sweeping over the room, sweeping over the reactor, sweeping over every wall, every nook, every corner. Steel melted, electronics exploded, glass tubes containing toxic chemicals which really should not have been shattered - they shattered. Marie could project the heart of a reactor from her eyes, and she spared no effort. 

The laboratory was destroyed; beyond destroyed. 

"I would purge their computers, destroy the data, but I fear we have outstayed our welcome" she said to Bonfire. "I am sorry my friend, but you have probably been caught on camera...I do not think we have the time to erase the records, not without more attention...."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew. She didn’t overstay her welcome. That was actually great. Cass could easily get out of here together with Marie and … one of the soldiers, he’d forgotten his name. This place was going to be in ruins in just a bit. It was time to get out, yes. The place wouldn’t collapse at least, but that also meant Bonfire was now a known Terrorist. Huh, this all had turned out differently than Cass had expected just a few hours ago. And these must’ve been the most intense few hours he’s ever had. Anyways, there was no reason to stay here any longer. Time to run. And probably hide and lay low for a while. Times like these having a secret identity was great. Would Save both Cass and Bonfire a lot of trouble.

“No need to. I’ll deal with the attention. And you will have to too. I’ve already got a plan! But, we can discuss that later, we gotta bail. The place isn’t going to break down, but I have a feeling there’s going to be some heavy security in here pretty soon. And I'd hate to deal with them.”

Well, it was the fire-form now. No way of getting around slowly. He’d have to aim, accelerate for just a fraction of a second, and hope he wouldn’t hit a wall. He left the others go before him, so they could open the various doors, and then, like in a bad minigame, took aim.

Edited by olopi

GM

Back they went, through the wreckage, the acid, the alkili...

Through the room they entered first, with the vat of supercoolant now shattered, and supercooled steel beneath their supercooled boots, the metal crunching beneath them like ice, and splintering into nails. 

Back down the ladder (or via other more exotic propulsion, in Bonfire's case), through the sewers, through cracked pipes piping steam, or seeping excrement, or oozing a green glowing paste that would surely be unwise to touch. 

Back down through the stench, through the grime, through the darkness. 

To collapse in the makeshift base of Marie. 

"Victory!" she declared, collapsing into a mostly functional chair, and pulling off her goggles, letting her green-plasma eyes burn uninhibited. 

No, it wasn’t victory quite yet. Some things had to be done still. No, not further destruction or anything, it was time for some higher arts. The arts of Public Relations. It was time to be charismatic …. Or well, it would’ve been if it hadn’t been for all this fire. Cass would have to have the others do all the work, and couldn’t access his own files. Not too great, but still salvageable.

“Not quite. Now comes the interesting part. Now we bust ‘em. We’ve got all this data, we have to use it. And I might know just the person. Do you have internet access down here? I can’t really use my own gear for … a few hours, probably. But, if we get all this data, and maybe even your personal story out there, the networks are going to pick it up like free icecream on a summer day. We’ve got a headline that’s not going to be topped for days right here. It’s time to do something with it.”

Edited by olopi

"Bust 'em? Good luck!" said Marie, tending to the wounds of her mercenary friend with a first aid kit. 

"They have armies of lawyers, legions of computer kids, and the lubricant of vast amounts of money" she explained. "Neutron industries are here to make money, damn the cost...of any type..."

She kicked a rat with five legs and a third glowing green eye out of her HQ and back into the sewer. 

"I don't believe its possible. Hence, they have to be taken down, by any means necessary" she explained. "Although I would like to get my hands on their money and my eyes on their research too" she conceded. 

"What do you have in mind?"

“Well, I’ve got a friend who loooooooves stories like these. And she’s got enough people covering her back that getting it out there is only a matter of time. And well, I’ve got me. I’m south of the law already, antagonizing a company isn’t going to change that much. I’ll take the responsibility. I’m sure there’s enough people out there that are also upset at what they’ve done.

With a bit of PR-Magic, not literal mind you, we can get a pretty big business affair going here. The industry’s gonna have some explaining to do after this. So, what I need is you to send all these files you have, pictures of some of these …. Rats, if you can still call them that, to her. Everything you’ve got. The more complete the entire thing is, the quicker it’s out there.

And if you feel like being public too, we can add in your own story, which will definitely make people be more upset at what they’ve done. But, that part’s up to you. It’s probably involved with some danger, then again, you already seem to have company hitmen running you down..

Maybe even record a video or two, so they can’t call it manipulated. And then, we wait and see how it develops. And rack in a payday probably, all this info has to be worth some cash.

So, whaddya say, do we finish them off for good?”

Edited by olopi

GM

"One way or another" replied Marie with a enigmatic but brutal smile. It was without mirth. 

"Nuclear power is too dangerous. It should be dis-invented, or if not, destroyed. This blue world of ours, this fragile flesh, it is to precious to risk. It is all very well caped heroes to fly around catching crooks, but the real threat is from ourselves. One mistake, and thousands die, or millions. Or even, all of us" she said, grimly. 

"It will finish of me. And I won't die without justice...."

~ Fin ~