Spy Island, featuring a Spy Headquarters on a Spy Island and lots of spies. And spying. And spying spies who spy. 

And Torepdo Lass and Bonfire

Before we start, roll call for Torpedo Lass and Bonfire. that is, 1-2 sentence answer (preferably 1) too:

1) What would you like to explore with your character narratively / development / personality wise?

2) Where would you like to go with your character?

3) What would be a good internal conflict for your character?

Any other thoughts feel free. 

I have core idea but I GM around PCs! :)

Edited by Supercape

Torpedo Lass reporting for duty!

Also

1) What would you like to explore with your character narratively / development / personality wise?

Torpedo Lass is still catching up with the modern world, so there still might be things that will catch her wanting in terms of what someone in 2016 takes for granted. But as for personality, I've not seen her truly angry. Also Torpedo Lass is still smarting a little over her fight with Tundra in terms of feeling like she handed her a victory, saved bystanders aside, TL feels like she could have done more.

I'd like to see her start to become more versed in her abilities and see her try new things with her abilities. That, and I love, and I mean LOVE banter. If I can get a chance for good, and potentially SAVAGE one-liners every other post, I am jamming.

Torpedo Lass gets hung up on the classic traps of a Superhero, but also she is a softie. She could be easily fooled if a con-job is sold to her.

Edited by Sailor

So far I've not really had a chance to do much with the character, and I'm quite interested in seeing how he plays outside of straight-up combat. If I have to narrow it down, probably the diplomacy/bluffing focus I've not really used so far, which should go well with spies!

Same as above, some diplomacy stuff would be insteresting to explore. He's still new, so there's a lot of freedom to do things in general!

I imagine it's things like having to keep a secret, having to keep to a strict plan, maybe also working with his weakness when it comes to water, considering it's on an island. Some more generic stuff like dilemma are always fun too!

Thanks Guys, I will do my best. 

Please narrate however you want to enter the Bum Note. It may not even need to be explained right now. The only thing is the mysterious red dressed lady is on the lookout for you both and your secret ID is as secret as you want to be (to a SPY of great SPYDOM!)

Have you receieved strange e mails? Did your last arrest blabber something about the Bum Note? Are you a friend of Horny Jack? Did the mysterious stranger press an envelope into your hand after your last public appearance? Etc Etc. 

Oh nice some 70's style action. I know just the look to sport coming in... I mean it is a Jazz bar, and probably has played music familiar to the Seaworthy Sentinel of Freedom City. I'll go with the strange e-mails approach, as well, Torpedo Lass can't into proper e-mail security just yet. :P

Also, please note I GM a little different from standard here; please feel free to throw in any ideas - of any sort - at any time, here. I don't have a fixed plan for what will happen, so if you suddenly feeling saying an NPC is stroking your pet cat, please suggest it (here first preferably!)

Well, Bonfire has 5 hours of time.

I'll say he takes one off to enjoy himself, and will spend the remaining 4 taking a lot of 20s thanks to contacts. Each of those takes 20 minutes, which leads to a total of 12 I can make.

Here's a list of stuff he'll look at in that time. All results are a 39, due to me taking 20 and having a +19 on it.

-Torpedo Lass
-Born Island
-Bond 7
-Darwin X

And then the remaining 7 on what he can find on the stick :
-Names that are mentioned, primary focus the duke
-Companies involved
-Whereever the trail leads for the remaining 5

As well as a final one on:

-A lady wearing red calling herself Svetlana, including all the details about her, to see wheter or not he can find even a single thing

Ok for Torpedo Lass there's a few things.

It was sort of publicized that Torpedo Lass is in fact an accidental time traveler from the height of WWII. Unknown reasons. In modern times she served in the US Navy before accepting her Honorable Discharge. She's been in a few open-sea rescues, and got in a fight with an eco-terrorist with earth-manipulation powers. That got in the news more for the damage to an icebreaker than anything she's accomplished in the fight though.

Publicly known powers: High-speed swimming, doesn't need to breathe in water, very super strong, can jump, and has been seen using snaps that can stun or waylay a bad guy with blasts of what seems to be plasma.

Edited by Sailor

RIght then:

BOnfire first:

-Torpedo Lass:

Sailor can give yo that info!

-Born Island

Born Island is a small, or even tiny, island off the Carribean. It will take about two days to get there by boat. It is hot. It has a gentle jungle type environment. Looking between the lines, Born island has some distinctly artificial qualities to it. 

-Bond 7

Bond 7 is a regular small shipping vessel, captained by one Art Moss. It seems to be totally legal, although digging carefully Art Moss has been investigated twice for minor violent charges (alcohol fuelled). 

-Darwin X

Darwin X is a heavily restricted information cache. There are rumours, often shut down. Foreshadow and Synapse (of the London Supergroup Vanguard) have made reports of the virus about two years ago. It may have been Russian in origin. 

Torpedo Lass:

The ship is a robust small vessel. It looks like it is built for speed rather than capacity. Looks solid. Not armed or dangerous, as far as you can tell. Consulting the various sea charts and weather maps, you come to the conclusion it would take about 30 hours to reach Born Island. 

Svetlana:

You find nothing. Which is, of course, suspicious! Either she is extremely good at hiding her tracks, or its an alias. 

Edited by Supercape

The data stick, if you look at it, will help confirm the above data. There is nothing particularly interesting but it all confirms Svetlanas story. 

The only notable thing is it is encrypted data. If you have time and resources and exceptional computer or craft (electronic) skills you may be able to get more information, but there is nothing suspicious. 

The Encryption is very good. There is nothing here that is hidden, as far as your contact can tell, but the actual Encryption programmes look reminiscent of cold-war USA software (or at least adapted from such software). 

Edited by Supercape

I'm going to do a change up on TL's equipment for this thread, swapping her personal comlink (as Bonfire and TL given a pair) for a single-person life raft in case she has to drag Bonfire along for some reason.

Reasoning? TL usually keeps one for rescue use. And no she wouldn't be towing that along during the trip. There's a pull-string for a reason. :P

Edited by Sailor

OK guys, I think I am going to have to pull this together in a rather brutal way to stop the thread being caught up discussing plans in an unduly long way; from the IC thread I am not entirely sure that there is agreement between Torpedo Lass and Bonfire and its dragging. Apologies, I rarely do this (extremely rarely actually) but this part of the thread is neither dangerous nor particularly pertinent. Arguably I have made a mistake in even having this scene at all (my apologies). 

As I understand it TL will be following the ship, and there are two options a) Try to swag yourself on board as sailors or simply via bribery, or b) hide via Bonfires power (and/or a little guile). 

Both will work. The only material difference is that a) will give you some information / banter with the crew, and b) will give you some information on the cargo. Irrespective, Torpedo Lass will be able to study the ship, might get cargo information, and will have the opportunity to scout the island when they arrive. 

If I have missed any other option please let me know, but we need to stop drag on a relatively minor part of the thread, so I'm going to suggest that you make a call on this (OOC) thread so we can tie it up. 

Again, I am sorry if this seems a rather brutal scene cut etc, but my experience of GMing here (and on other sites) is that getting bogged down in plans and details about minor aspects of threads is toxic to the life of the thread! In addition, my experience is that some soft rail roading at the beginning of a thread is an unfortunate necessity (and i hate rail roading). 

If I have missed anything (I often do), or object to anything, please let me know. If you have any ideas about how to press forward or things to throw in the mix, also please do so!

Well as far as I understand TL won't be going on the ship and will be trailing it the whole time until we get close to the island. Then she'd scope out a spot to start our infiltration. If course if Bonfire and Red want to abandon ship, I offered a idea where the following night (as we'd still be underway but much closer to the island) Bonfire and Red could grab a life raft from the ship and toss it overboard and TL plays outboard motor for everyone getting us landed on the island out of view of the docks.

But most importantly is Bonfire and Red would have time to see whatever is being shipped.