Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

The two Praetorians entered Specta's portal, emerging instantly outside the Tower of the Sacred Assembly of the Prophets at the far end of the Main Plaza.  The tower was a tall thin spire, reminding Queenie of what one would expect a wizard tower to look like, except gleaming and metal, instead of stone.

 

At the moment everything appeared to be quite, perhaps too quiet.  Like many of the Praetorians that were permanently on CoVic Station (when not out on missions), Spectra had spent a bit of time learning their way of the station and the location of important places.  Every time Spectra had been by the tower in the past, there had been at least one of the Assembly's private security forces on duty outside the main gate.  Currently there was no one visible.

Share this post


Link to post

Queenie’s brow furrowed. This was an important place, right? A megachurch like NewSpring , or something like that? So…why was it empty out here? Should be somebody around, right? “Spectra, this doesn’t seem right. This is a religious center. There should be somebody here. Guards, pilgrims, worshipers, somebody.” She clapped her hands deciding instantly what needed doing. “You can scout, right? Hard to see, or something? Take the main entrance, see what you can see. I’ll take it from the top.” With half a thought, she tuned the Ring to the Praetorian comm frequency. “Call me if you need anything.” With that, the ring slinging chef shot into the air, silvery forcefield blinking on. If a place like this was under attack, it was for one of two reasons. Theft, or gods forbid, a massacre. The important stuff was likely to be at the top of the tower. So, maybe she’d surprise some thieves. Or Spectra could save some lives. Heck, maybe both? Or, if the attack was about to happen, Spectra would be a rude surprise and Queenie could run air support. Either way, a good quick plan. Hopefully it worked out.

Share this post


Link to post

The quiet hit Liora before anything else. it was rare, after all, for her to be able to hear her portals close; it was a soft and subtle ping that barely registered when she was doing other things. Still.. that wasn't he odd part. "Actually, not a lot of people come here. There usually isn't much traffic really... the strange part is the fact that such a call would come from here. Still..."

 

Spectra smiled faintly at Queenie's ring and shook her head. "Oh, I don't carry one of those." There's no need. It was a gentle, mental nudge, and definitely more secure than tech frequencies.

 

She breathed deeply, eyes closed. When she exhaled, slowly, all three of her eyes opened, filled with a subtle, violet glow as she extended her vision psychically.She looked to the main gate first, then the main entrance.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

As Queenie took to the air, Spectra reached out with her psychic third eye, examining the areas ahead of her for any sign of disturbance.  As she studied the courtyard beyond the front gate, her psychic vision looked over the small garden that lay between the gate and the main entrance to the tower.  She was just able to spot the prone form of an Assembly security officer under one of the shrubs.  Near the front entrance to the tower, she was just able to spot the kneeling form of a Zultasian in some sort of body armor with a reflective surface that helped conceal him.  He had a weapon in hand and was obviously watching the main gate.

 

Looking beyond that courtyard and into the main entrance, Spectra found it completely empty, with no sign of any Assembly security forces or acolytes. 

 

As Queenie flew up along the outside of the tower, she noticed very little that seemed amiss, of course it was difficult to know for sure, as the glass (or glasslike) surfaces of the tower were nearly mirror like, not allowing any view of the interiors from the outside.

Share this post


Link to post

Well now. It looks like someone doesn't want to be seen. Queenie? There's someone keeping watch in front of the tower and an Assembly officer down.  We should definitely get in there and see what's going on.

 

In hindsight, Spectra was glad she didn't simply portal into the tower. She kept her extended sight fixed on the Zultasian. She wasn't about to act before Queenie did. Not that she couldn't, of course, but the Earth woman seemed very comfortable taking charge, and Liora was content to let her. In this particular situation, it worked out--Spectra was going to have to be the spotter, something the was more than used to doing.

 

Be careful, she warned. I don't know if you can see him and I can't tell what he's armed with. Safe to assume he's taken the Assembly guard's weapon.

Share this post


Link to post

Queenie’s mind wasn’t the most…disciplined mind Spectra had ever “connected” with. It took the ring slinging chef a few tries to figure out how not to transmit her every thought. Thoughts that were invariably related to food and the cooking thereof. Okay, Spectra. Let me check it out. I don’t think a standard issue weapon can scratch my force field, but I’ve been wrong before. I can’t see through these mirrored windows anyway. Queenie dropped like a rock to hover gently less than ten feet off the ground. The main entrance was, of course, deserted. Where did you say this guy was?

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

As Queenie dropped down into the courtyard beyond the main entrance to the tower, she managed to spot the Zultasian that was kneeling amid some vegetation.  His body armor had some sort of reflective surface, but the angle Queenie had spotted from had managed to minimize any benefit of that coating. 

 

The Zultasian met Queenie's gaze, realizing she had spotted him, and then in a smooth, well trained motion brought his weapon up to his shoulder and fired.  However, the ring wielder had been ready, and dodged aside at just the right moment, causing a concentrated energy blast to fly wide of her.

Share this post


Link to post

Definitely easier to spot now.

 

While Queenie engaged the Zultasian, Spectra kept watching for the situation to change. She couldn't tell what was going on inside the tower; the next best thing was to see if skirmish drew any unnecessary attention.

 

Already, she was looking around for a way inside with minimal detection. Whatever armed assault had gone before, Spectra didn't want to take any unnecessary risks, proverbial and literal guns blazing. If she could finesse an infiltration without having to put Queenie or herself in danger, she would find a way to make it happen.

Edited by GranspearZX

Share this post


Link to post

Maybelle McQueen was Not. Impressed. She wasn’t the broad side of a barn, yeah, but she wasn’t a bullet dodger either. I see him, Spectra. He just shot at me. Emphasis on at me. A thought later, and a person sized silvery Crock Pot wrapped itself around the guy. The lid slammed shut with a distinctly disappointed thud. I’m going to try talking to him. Can you translate and keep playing spotter in case he has any friends lurking around? Her feet touched ground in front of her pot. “Okay, sunshine. I know you have no idea what I’m saying. In fact, I’m only talking so that you’ll respond and give away your evil plan. So, let’s hear it.”

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Spectra moved just inside the courtyard of the tower, where she could still keep an eye on things nearby and began providing a translation for Queenie. 

 

Trapped inside the silvery force construct, the Zultasian lowered his weapon, letting go of it with his left hand.  That hand reached down to his belt, where he removed an object that looked very much like some sort of grenade.  Holding it up, he looked out at Queenie and Spectra as he stated in Gal Standard, <"I will die for my Khan.">

 

With that, he armed the grenade and dropped it down at his feet inside the silvery force construct…

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah…no. Queenie frowned. “Dying is not the agenda today, sorry.” A layer of silvery energy folded itself over the grenade inside the Crock Pot. “How about we take this from the top? You’ve just given away that you’re working for this Khan guy. I don’t know exactly who he is, but I’m picking up some serious murderous warlord vibes now. Also, starting to think he’s negotiating in bad faith. So if you know the plan, feel free to spit it out at any time.” Not that he was understanding a word, but it was the thought that counted.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Spectra continued to translate Queenie's words for the Zultasian that the Terran had managed to trap inside her force construction, but the soldier stood quietly, showing little sign of providing any answer’s to Queenie's questions.  As the two Praetorians were focused on the trapped soldier, a blast of energy came from just inside the entrance to the tower, striking Queenie's forcefield, but otherwise dissipating harmlessly.

 

Kneeling inside the doorway of the tower, another Zultasian soldier had appeared, dressed similarly to the one currently trapped by Queenie.

 

It was at that moment that the two Praetorians heard a muted *BOOM* that appeared to originate from somewhere on the upper levels of the tower.

Share this post


Link to post

Was that an explosion? It wasn’t big enough to knock down the tower. A dozen of them probably wouldn’t manage quite manage it. But…things going boom were bad. Queenie needed to wrap this up in a hurry. The Crock Pot vanished into the ether. “Sorry, chuckles. Don’t have time to play with you anymore. Take a nap and I’ll come to take you and your friend to jail when you’re done.” She gestured lightly and a lance of silvery energy slammed into the formerly captured soldier. Let’s wrap this up quick, Spectra. Something’s very wrong here and I’d like to know what.

Share this post


Link to post

That makes two of us.

 

The explosion caught Spectra by surprise--not enough for her to break her train of thought or concentration, but enough that she briefly looked up. It seemed that there was still conflict happening and not the quiet hostage situation she had envisioned. She hadn't figured out if that was a good thing yet.

 

Spectra quickly weighed her options. Calling for assistance might have been a viable idea until the explosion. We should get up there. There was real urgency now, and enemy numbers were less of a concern.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×