Echo eyed the fly-man warily, still unconvinced that they shouldn't keep punching him. "Okay," she said, not shifting entirely out of her combat stance. "Talking. Let's try that." She followed his gaze to the trash can, and blinked. Well, what was I expecting a giant fly man to be after? "You want the garbage? You can have the garbage." She looked at the tall, handsome man inquiringly. "That your garbage? He can have it, right? I don't want it. I just wanted tacos."

One of the blonde girl's fireballs came uncomfortably close to singing the ends of Echo's false white hair, and she started. "Hey, watch where you're - oh, hey there!" With a muffled thud of displaced air, she was standing in front of Sparkler, pumping her hand vigorously. "Remember me? We fought that clown guy at the gym that one time and I bled all over your broomstick. Everything's healing up nicely, the doctor says I should regain the full use of my spine within a year."

"Sparkler, please."  It was said evenly, not raising his voice, but he managed to make it clear that the random spouts of fire would not help, a nd he moved a bit closer to what Kronenburg couldn't pull off with twice the budget.  With that he looked to Caradoc, "Would you mind please relaxing a little?"

His hands still up, sounding so gosh darn reasonable. "We just need to have a bit of cooler heads prevail, right?  I am clearly not from around here, I think the New York accent, and the fact that I am Egyptian kind of proves that.  So, how did you end up like this?"  That was the bigger goal, yeah King of Tigers was bad news.  Very bad news.  But someone going around and empowering people and twisting them up?  Bigger deal.  That had further reaching implications and he knew for a fact that such a mess was worse than anything this Arov wanted.

He was skipping over Echo's question.  He was clearly in a supersuit, one that may resemble something out of Tron, at the moment.  All gleaming white, gold, and glowing blue.  "Believe me I want to help.  Go ahead, eat if you want.  I can help you, I know a bad deal when I see one, and I am willing to help take down King of Tigers... but... sounds like someone else gave you the shaft too."

Edited by TheAbsurdist

"Do you truly want the rotting meat?" Caradoc asked, not quite releasing his grip on Arov. "Or does Arov?" Caradoc wondered if the others understood the appalling reality of the situation they were dealing with. The reality of metamorphosis. And loss. He released the flycreature, giving the man beneath freedom to do what he liked.

Arov was not quite as interested in conversation as Caradoc had hoped, however - he took up Anibal's discarded Mexican Coke and began licking out the interior, wings frantically buzzing as he licked it clean. When the bottle was done, he dropped it back in the trash and declared, "No! But this is what I am - a mockery of a man! How can I be anything else, looking like-" He touched his face, catching sight of it in a polished bit of glass framing one of the room's mass-produced wall painting, and gave a cry of despair that was both cry and buzz. 

It was about that time that the sound of firm banging came from the door, and voices in Spanish and English calling, "Police! Open up!" 

Asad frowned.  This was not good, though the way Caradoc phrased things made him shift a bit in his suit.  He got it.  He got the implications, he was moderately well read, after all.  And he sighed.  In this case his (stunning, breathtaking, amazing really) rugged good looks were a detriment.  Arov, or the man that was Arov, would probably filled with resentment at him for that.

For that reason he almost was relieved with the cops at the door.  "Pardon me, I will deal with la policia."  He raised a hand in a gesture of calm, and he walked to the door.  Know, he knew about the rampant corruption on the border towns, and there was a good chance that the King of Tigers was sending people here, given that Arov was... less than subtle when he smashed in through the window..

Asad opened the door, and stood right in the doorway, interposing himself between the police and others.  "Hello officers, I am Asad.  We are trying to resolve this matter peaceably.  How can I assist you?"  He was completely certain in his powers, his abilities, and that he was big enough that getting a gun around him was just foolish.

• 2 weeks later...

Echo watched Arov slurping at the soda bottle, a sick feeling starting to settle in the pit of her stomach. She was starting to feel bad for calling him Brundle. Since the tall good-looking man seemed to have the police situation in hand, she instead approached Arov slowly, hands raised in a placating gesture. "Okay, look. I'm starting to get the feeling that there's a bit of a misunderstanding going on here." Or maybe he really is just a psycho who got turned into a giant bug, but if that's the case then that'll be easy to deal with. "Who..." she waved a hand feebly at him, "...did this to you? And what can we do to help?"

Even as she spoke, she doubted her own words. Was there really anything that could fix...that, whatever it was? The guy was a giant bug. But transformations weren't her area of expertise, so who knew? If it was a spell, there was probably a counterspell, right? And if it really was a Brundle situation, it wasn't as if they were exactly hurting for big-brain scientists. The real problem was probably going to be whoever or whatever turned him into this in the first place.

Raina wasn't very happy to be scolded over her incredibly reasonable use of fireballs to kill the swarming flies, but it didn't seem prudent to buck Asad's authority at the precise moment, with the police banging on the door. Instead she gave Echo a week smile. "Hey, fancy meeting you here, right? Glad to hear about the whole spine thing." She purposefully kept her eyes averted from the bug man, deeply concerned about what he and his buddies might do if she vomited. Anibal provided a very welcome human shield. "You know," she murmured into his ear, "this place is not at all what the Tripadvisor reviews promised."