Jump to content
Thevshi

Crash on Volturnus (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Tagging, and ill see if anything comes up on the Xeno's sensor array - which is pretty handy. 

 

Sensor Array Notice: 1d20+10 22

 

Of course it may not be a notice roll, so if not just replace the +10 with whatever seems reasonable (Search would be +2, Life Sciences +6, Earth Sciences +2) and keep the 12 roll I guess. 

 

Probably some penalties for being in a spinning ship and/or range (although -1 per 20 miles is pretty good range on the sensor array). 

 

Mainly looking for a safe place to land (radar) and if there is any bodies of water. I guess life signs and energy signs too, but secondary. 

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure how many people are on the ship as I think we left it a bit grey? I have no preference (as long as its not dozens) so whatever suits the story best I guess?

Edited by Supercape

Share this post


Link to post

So one thing I should note: the sensor log should have information that you were not able to fully analyze back when you were crashing (from when you used the sensors to scan the area).

Share this post


Link to post

I think you misunderstood one of my prior IC posts, the cargo door never opened more than a very little bit, and it is now buried behind a mound of sand that leaked in, so you still cannot get the ATV out.

Share this post


Link to post

The ship was not able to make an accurate reading of where it ended up, but it could be between 100-200 kilometers to the lake, sections of the jungle/forest could be 50 kilometers closer.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative vs Sandworm: 1d20+5 14

 

If he wins, he will simply ready an action - namely fire gun - if the Sandworm attacks (or more precisely, if it bursts through the sand looking to attack). As X-Ray Vision in play, I guess he will have a pretty good guess from a metre or two away if its opening its jaws to snap or something. I trust your judgement to do whatever is most dramatic!

Share this post


Link to post

Round One
21 Soreen (unharmed)
20 Sand Shark (unharmed)
14 Starshot (unharmed, 1 HP)
9 Laark (unharmed) 

So, Soreen will take the full defense action as she draws her blaster, waiting for the creature to appear. 

The Sand Shark goes after Laark, hitting with a 22.  Laark has a DC 23 toughness save, and gets a 11, so he is staggered, disabled and dazed!

 

Starshot is up!

Share this post


Link to post

That does hit, but the Sand Shark gets a 21 for its Reflex save, so avoids the net.

Round Two
21 Soreen (unharmed)
20 Sand Shark (unharmed)
14 Starshot (unharmed, 1 HP)
9 Laark (staggered, disabled, dazed)


Soreen tries to shot it, but misses with a 10. 

The sand shark will try to grapple Laark in its maw, but misses with a 13.


Starshot is up!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Laark gets himself back to his feet, then it is…

 

Round Three
21 Soreen (unharmed)
20 Sand Shark (unharmed)
14 Starshot (unharmed, 1 HP)
9 Laark (staggered, disabled, dazed) 

Soreen will attack again, missing with a 13. 

The Sand Shark attacks Laark, missing with a 9.


Starshot is up again!

Share this post


Link to post

Laark will take the total defense action.

Round Four
21 Soreen (unharmed)
20 Sand Shark (bruised, injured)
14 Starshot (unharmed, 1 HP)
9 Laark (staggered, disabled, dazed)

Soreen fires at the creature again, hitting with a 19. 

The Sand Shark gets a 27 on its toughness save and shakes it off. 

It then goes for Laark one more time, missing with a 15.

 

Share this post


Link to post

If Starshot is up again, he will grab a smoke grenade and throw it on the ground. I hope the olfactory component works!

 

Move action will be to get out of the radius of the smoke grenade. 

 

Free action to bark orders

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, everyone else reacts to the smoke grenade as described in the IC post.  Soreen will use her standard action for the total defense action.

Round Five
21 Soreen (unharmed)
20 Sand Shark (bruised, injured)
14 Starshot (unharmed, 1 HP)
9 Laark (staggered, disabled)

 

Starshot is back up.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok at least bought a bit of time for crewmembers. 

 

If its underground, another indirect Plasma shot then. For move action, if required, a nominal scan around to see if there is any rock to leap to (I watched "Tremors" recently...)

 

Blasting sand snake: 1d20+10 17, if that hits, DC 21 TOughness

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×