Temperance breathed a sigh of relief once the blood manipulator went down... then cursed herself for relaxing as she saw Monsoon crawl towards her, murder in her eyes. Why do I keep ending up with elemental manipulators who think murder is a great idea? She reeled through all the ideas in her head, before realizing just who she was dealing with. This is not gonna end well...

The water sprung from her hands and fell between Monsoon and Dam, forming a wall. "I know how this is going to go," she said. "I would rather not have us end up in a protracted contest over who is the best watercaller while our quarry writhes in front of the wave machine. I can imagine all the things you want to do to her right now, and I cannot deny that I might be happy with joining in on one or two of them. But if she dies, we have less chance of finding out why she did any of this, or how. I know she has been reluctant to talk before now... but now she is powerless, and in quite a position to be restrained." Temperance cracked an icy smile. "And humiliated." 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a final pass Frostbyte added a protective dome of ice around the now prone villain, however tempting it was she was going to make sure she wasn’t harmed.

“However appropriate it is we’ll have no Biblical justice today. Today it’s up to the justice system to deal with her” she stepped off here ice slide and stepped towards Monsoon offering out her hand “Beside you're seriously injured let's get you some medical aid. Both of you.”

She looked over at Phae and gave her a relieved smile that she was still in fairly good health, she looked forward to playing nursemaid to her later.

• 2 weeks later...

Ardent grinned weakly at Cathy, though it became a bit of a grimace as she settled back against a supporting wall.  The half-demon's features started to revert back to her more normal, human-like appearance and for that she was glad.  She already got enough awkward questions at Claremont, she didn't want any more from the public.

"Find out the why of... of this," Ardent said sounding incredibly exhausted, with a vague gesture to her surroundings.  "Whatever this folly was."