#NotAllSaints (OOC)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd add your Super Strength ranks and there's probably a bonus from your size. What you're doing is attacking the snare, which has Toughness 12. We did this before, over in Wits. Leviathan just wasn't the one snared that time.

Can't find an rules answer on whether or not the grapple is still in effect, but it seems logical to me that it would be, as the two of you are frozen together. So you'd have to break the snare before you broke the grapple.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Looking over the description of the Snare power, I don't see mention of a bonus for size, and Leviathan doesn't have any ranks of Super Strength anyway.  So, I assume it'd be a regular DC25 Toughness check on your part.  I doubt he'll be able to break free in one action, in that case, but I'll wait and see what you roll just in case (otherwise he'll just be talking as he struggles). 

Concerning the grapple, if Leviathan does escape the ice, he'll still hang onto Trevor; with his Improved Grapple feat, he can maintain that while also going for Kerri. 

Edited by Blarghy

http://orokos.com/roll/385927

A bit of luck for you. Rolled a 7 for a 19 result. Badly damaged, yes. Broken, no. Trevor will give his a whirl, with the DC being 21.

http://orokos.com/roll/385930

Rolled a 1 for a 13 result. So you basically both did the same thing. Kerri would be next, but you've got a post to make first.

Also, are you still enjoying the thread? If there's any issues that is what this OOC thread is for.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Yeah...we're not using any of the chase mechanics. NOPE. More like we're just gonna fight as usual on the streets. Though I will stipulate that everyone has to take a move action during their turns (hero, villain, and minion) or risk being left behind. And since Leviathan is technically sprinting, there's a 40 use limit on that for him. Moving All Out duration is based on the raw CON score, rather than the bonus. Otherwise those with just 10 or even last couldn't sprint! :D

Since Terrifica's bonus is the same as the highest rolled by anyone else, she'll be going first. But first, feel free to remove the minion cars from the road. There's three, full of assault rifle packing gangmembers. You go and have fun with that.

Actually, Leviathan will be going straight for Kerri this time around, hoping to Grapple and Pin her so she can't keep speaking (hopefully her magic is voice-activated).  Having learned his lesson during the first fight about giving her more time to cast. 

Either way, I'm pretty sure everyone else goes before him, including Terrifica, so I'll plan the specifics of his attack after the rest of the round plays out, right?

• 3 weeks later...

In that case, let me frame this properly. It is a two lane city street. One lane for each direction of traffic. There's three minion vehicles, one not so miniony vehicle, and Kerri on her cycle in the lead. Since Leviathan is Large sized, he can't fit between the cars to sprint after Kerri. That's one. Two, he'd need to take two move actions just to reach her, leaving him with no more actions to attack with unless he surged. But either way Terrifica is first. She'll take that move action to keep up, and burn another to draw her Staff. The minion cars will take their move actions and fire shots at the two heroes, but between the chase and their generally awful aim, they won't be able to hit anything. Still, they're firing automatic weapons in a residential neighborhood. Kerri and her LT will take their move action and hold one action in reserve each.

Sounds like a Charge action, plus Leaping, would let Leviathan land right on top of Kerri (pending an attack roll).  He can cross a little more than 200 feet in the air with a running jump, per jump, if just one won't take him over all the minion cars.  Would that work?