The Red Planet (IC)

Thevshi

GM

Queenie's energy blast struck the alien, knocking it off its feet and back against the wall of the room.  The Jaas appeared to be somewhat shaken by the attack, but managed to get its bearings once more and climbed back to its feet.  This time if focused its multifaceted eyes on Magnetar as a faint yellow glow surrounded its head once more.  As before, a similar glow appeared around Magnetar's head, but the Praetorian managed to resist the intrusion into his mind.

The large alien facing Seresk let out what sounded like a roar of furry as it brought both fists up over its head and swung them down at the larger Paretorian.  This time the alien managed to land the blow, smashing Seresk down into the rocky floor with an audible *THUD.*

The two remaining Grue fired their energy weapons at Magnetar once more, but only one hit.  Magnetar's forcefield flickered slightly as the Pretorian grunted from the pain but remained in the air and in the fight.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paradigm

With the aliens around her unconscious, Paradigm was able to take a moment watch as the rest of the fight unfolded.  The Praetorians and their Terran ally were making good headway, when the large alien downed Seresk, at least temporarily, while Magnetar was hurt by some of the other aliens.

Deciding Seresk was in more immediate need of assistance, Paradigm flew over toward the melee in an instant.   As she came to hover before the large alien, she swung a powerful punch that connected with its jaw, causing a loud *THWACK,* and a faint shockwave that could be felt by those nearby.

The large alien was knocked off its feet and set flying backward over a dozen yards, where it smashed into a wall of machinery, damaging much of it before falling to the ground with debris raining down on it.

<"It looked as if you needed a bit of help my friend.">  She stated to Seresk in Gal Standard.

GM

Magnetar refocused on the battle after shrugging off the Jaas attempt to control his mind and getting hit by one of the Grue blasters.  Hoping that the Terran could deal with the insectoid mentalist, the Praetorian instead took aim at the Grue drone that had shot him, sending a powerful magnetic blast that knocked the alien out and to the ground unconscious.    

The other four aliens armed with blasters all fired at Magnetar again, hoping their combined fire might be able to deal with the Praetorian to allow their tougher members to deal with the others.  However, all four proved unable to hit the target.

Queenie frowned. This wasn’t going as well as it could. A straight slugfest she and everyone here would probably win, but there’d be injuries that would make it harder to transport everyone back. That, and Maybelle McQueen was a chef, not some back alley brawler. She had a better idea, and the Ring said that it could handle it no problem. “All right, time for you all to calm down a bit.” Her force field glowed, and she held her ring hand in front of her face. Silvery fog spread out from her and filled the room they were in, obscuring the vision of all the bad guys. Strangely, it seemed to have no effect at all on the heroes in the room, least of all Queenie herself. “Paradigm, you may rearrest them at your leisure.” She smiled, pleased with herself. She’d saved some juice in the ring, too, if she still needed to fight someone who had…Maybelle didn’t know, sonar or something?

GM

The silvery fog created by Queenie quickly threw the alien criminals into disarray, preventing the Jaas from using its mental powers and making their ranged weapons nearly useless as well.  Of course there were some that were prepared to try to fire blindly into the fog, but after a few stray shots that hit nothing but the walls, Magnetar used his magnetic control to pull at the weapons out of the criminals' hands.

Seresk used the opportunity provided by the fog to move over and grab hold of the Jaas, subduing the alien.  Paradigm meanwhile flew over and quickly overpowered the large alien just as it was climbing back to its feet.

In short order the fight appeared to be over.  "Well done Queenie."  Paradigm stated in accented English.  "I believe you can drop the fog effect now."

Queenie shrugged and the fog simply ceased to exist. She could see as well as any of the others this was over. “I caused the problem in the first place. I might as well solve it, right?” She grinned in her friendly Southern fashion. “I’ll lend a hand getting them aboard your ship, and then I can finish my solar system tour.” Or at least get to the Great Red Spot, anyway. But ugh, finding Mars was hard enough. Jupiter wasn’t going to be any easier.

Paradigm

"Caused the problem?"  Paradigm asked as she kept the large alien pinned on the ground while Magnetar and Seresk began preparing the other aliens to be transported to the Praetorian spacecraft.  "Hardly, your assistance is very appreciated."

In short order the Praetorians and Queenie had secured all the alien criminals in the Praetorian’s space craft for transport back to Lor space.  All four heroes were then gathered outside as they prepared to depart.

"I would like to thank you again for your assistance.  If you ever wish to travel to Coalition Victory Station, we would be pleased to host you at our headquarters there."  Paradigm said.  "If you we could provide transport to any of the outer planets on our way toward the wormhole."