Erin didn't do much during the mage's examination but stand in the corner and glare balefully, her arms folded across her chest. Something about this magical investigator really rubbed her the wrong way, had the hairs on the back of her neck standing up and the shivers running down her spine. It was weird though, because she couldn't pin down exactly why this Tarva bothered her so much. Eve had recommended her, so she had to be good enough to do the job, but none of them had to like it. 

Tarva's final report only intensified Erin's glare. "What exactly can you do to make this better?" she demanded, not caring about the mage's obvious case of nerves. "If it's not magical, is there anything you can do? What about this Trident, do you know anything about them, or why they might have kidnapped a renegade Deep One?" 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's not magical, and it's not dimensional - of that, I can be absolutely certain." Tarva looked at Erin and Trevor, then looked away, down at her hands - despite her great height and evident mystic powers, she was obviously frightened by the pair and their questions. "I don't, ah, know much about the Deep Ones of this dimension, but I think they, ah, would have tripped my warding spells had they come to this place My greatestenemyisaUnspeakableOneworshipperandsoI'vebuiltwardsagainsttheminparticular!" The last sentence came out in a rush, the words all pressed together. "So I, ah, don't think the Trident took her by magic.

"It was a glowing trident!" declared their informant. "It floated in the air, like some glowing lure!

"Extraterrestrial," Midnight interjected, having spent the entire time since the woman in black arrived standing in admittedly unnerving silence. It made sense just by process of elimination; the form of the 'lure' as the Deep One put it was obviously targeted to Aquaria but her beliefs but the iconography was no great secret, especially from practicing psionic cultures like the Lor or Grue. A mystical looking trident would have been simple enough to affect and it fit with the clues pointing toward teleportation. It didn't begin to explain a motive but at least it gave them a direction to start looking. Up.

The masked man turned the burning coals of his red eyes toward their prisoner to warn against further interruptions before turning back to Wander and their exceedingly nervous aide. "Can rule out magic, then." It was about as close to gratitude for the assistance as he was likely to vocalize while in costume and in front of the amphibious intruder while also giving Eve's dark magic expert leave to excuse herself before she strained something. The statuesque build and strong reaction to the heroes made him think of the Furions but her disposition was about as far from those bombastic warriors as he could imagine.