Smokin' in the Boys Room

angrydurf

"Not the first time I've done it," said Riley with a little shrug. "Just gotta know how to handle it. Can prolly have the first batch by the Halloween party, if that's still at your place." Trick-or-treating, which some of the kids were doing either on their own, or as supervisors for the Nicholson kids, was definitely out of his reach. If he was going to have any fun, especially with Robin, it was going to have to be at the old Faretti mansion - which, come to think of it, was not a building he was familiar with back home from what he'd overheard. "Box isn't that bad," he admitted. "Better'n a normal school, full of people who'd look at you and me like freaks 'a nature. Or prison." 

"Yea we're still on."  he said with a grin, "I have a few things lined up but mostly light weight stuff so bring yours too for when the party really kicks off yea?"  he suggested with a pleased smile.  "And we'll see who knows how to handle it then."  he added with a conspiratorial grin.  

"It's not just the school though."  he pointed out with a shake of his head, "I mean sure this place is better than some regular school on some things,"  Though Huang was pretty sure he'd get away with a damn sight more in a school where they didn't know he could turn to mist or invisible.  "But it's everything about how they look at us."  he said animatedly, "Like no matter how much we know or do they just see us like kids and can't get over it."  he slowed down then not wanting to be too revelatory about his personal trials and tribulations after all it may well be different if ones parents had a chance to see you grow up to a teen and not just have you show up when they are still adjusting to five year old you.

"Yeah, well..." Riley's voice trailed off for a minute as he considered his words. "People grow up fast where I'm from. Not always good." He shrugged a little, no more willing to get into the details of his personal life than Huang was. "People here raise their kids soft. Some of then can handle it when everything goes bad," he said, thinking of Erin White, "some of 'em can't." He scratched the back of his head, then said, "Just gotta cheap costume, but it'll be all right. Store in North Bay sells 'em in bulk." Peyton had steered him that way, not something he really wanted to discuss with the other boy either. "Never actually had onna these before." 

Huang shrugged, "Fast is all relative I suppose."  he remarked carefully, "I'm just say at thirteen or thirty if someone hasn't seen anything outside their bubble they aren't going to be ready for whats next."  He said with a nod as he plucked the last few staples from this board.  He let the subject drop though now a remarkably politic move for the young Dhampir, "Costumes are all for fun so as long as you like it doesn't matter right?"  he said with a shrug and the casual dismissal of fiscal woes only the wealthy could really manage.  "My folks are usually out working for halloween,"  he offered with a commiserating nod, "and usually too worried about cu-uh-kidnappers to let me out of hte house."  he said with a roll of his eyes, "So its usually pretty low key for me but dull so this should liven things up yea?"  he suggested with a grin looking forward to the party and the relentless social dominance the works of John Hughes had taught him a rocking house party would guarantee.