Climate Justice [OOC]

Thevshi

Now this Icebreaker has a compartmentalized hull, correct? She might be able to take some holes before things get worrysome.

Anyways looks like I've set myself up to start fighting in nautical combat. I'll post my rolls here in this post once you get a GM post in.

Addendum: Looks like I gotta get out of the water to keep in the fight, now. Using a surge (spending a HP to pay for the fatigue) to have two move actions, the first move will use my swimming to get to the riverbed again, then a leap to a yet undamaged portion of the deck. I'm closer to the ship so that should work out better than what happened last time I did this. Then, keeping to the ranged combat.

Change of plans, gotta stay in the water I suppose.

Move: Swim in front of the bow for clear shots
Standard: FIRE FOUR! Cavitation Bubble Collapse! (Ranged, Heat, Tou DC 25, +10 to hit): 1d20+10 24 Not sure if that'll hit or not, but it looks high enough.

Edited by Sailor

That is it...

Using a HP to pay for the fatigue, gonna raise the damage by 2 ranks for my next blast.

Move: None, firing from position
Standard: Blast 10(12) ("Cavitation Bubble Collapse"; Accurate 2 (+4)) +10 to hit, +2 Ranks due to extra effort, Heat descriptor: 1d20+10 20 - Hero Pointing a re-roll...

Blast 10(12) ("Cavitation Bubble Collapse"; Accurate 2 (+4)) +10 to hit, +2 Ranks due to extra effort, Heat descriptor: 1d20+10 23

I'll wait for the result before I post.

I'll actually make a post I guess, won't know until she reacts...

Edited by Sailor
  • 5 months later...

You actually do not need to spend that second HP for a reroll, the 20 is good enough to hit. 

Tundra gets a 25 on her toughness save, which is another bruise. 

Tundra will then change tactics, pulling up rocks and mud from the river bed and using it to capsize one of the police boats and several of the smaller protester boats, sending those aboard into the water.  (HP for TL)

Round Eight:
27 Torpedo Lass (unharmed, 3 HP)
21 Tundra (bruised 3)
Icebreaker (damage -1 toughness)

Actually the HP was to pay for the fatigue of raising the damage rank by two.

Moot point as now things seem to be going chaotic.

At this point TL's gonna have to start flipping boats back over. Starting with the police boat. Beings that my light load is up to 34 tons... Could I use that HP to power-stunt safely flipping over the boat with what visually looks like a love tap? The Kayaks will be far, far easier, but the police boat has the most potential for problems and trapped individuals.

Wagering at least the engine to the police boat's shot, once I've flipped the boat back over, I'm probably gonna have to evacuate those in the water by pulling it out of the way and putting people on it. As for the Kayakers, If their boats are still floating after all that, I'd be amazed, but this will take some work to move everyone out of the way of that ship...

Edited by Sailor

Whoa... that's a big canoe, more like a very large dinghy at that point...

Okay then the plan is first to right the police boat and start using that as a rescue boat to put people on. I wager it could handle the load. Those in the way of the ship I'll need to focus on. Are we still in combat turns, or is this back in narrative?

Changing tactics as pretty much my plans are sinking fast. Attacking Tundra directly.

Move: Close the distance to Tundra

Standard: Blast 10 (+10 to hit) ("Cavitation Bubble Collapse"; Accurate 2 (+4)) {22 PP} Mutant, Heat

Oh, and some banter. Gotta have banter.

Nevermind, I'll spend this round helping people in the water.

Edited by Sailor