The Questionnaire!

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
Mike Harris, A man trying to do more good than harm with powers that frighten others almost as much as himself.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Phalanx is my superhero or codename, also the name AEGIS stores my files under.

What is your full birth name?
Michael Harris

Where do you live?
Freedom City

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
21, born august 1993

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Male

How would you describe your heritage?
American?

How tall are you?
About six and a half feet

What is your body type?
Muscular and fit, broad shouldered, pretty much the "Big Guy"

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
No not really.  Not that I've run into yet at least.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
I'm not exactly clumsy but more from taking exceptional care than any natural grace.  When you can bend steel with an errant move one learns to take extra care in ones movement.  In costume, in action I move decisively, when trying to cover as a normal person I tend to proceed with a more uncertain appearing gait and stance, though less form lack of confidence than not wanting to bowl over or intimidate people as I go by.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
Lightly tanned skin, Green Eyes, Black hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
I keep my hair short and neat in a classic style, no facial hair, probably best not to go too in depth into speculation on how either is achieved... (http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/how-does-superman-get-a-hair-cut-591835/)

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
Not something I think about alot, I mean I guess so in general, Alex likes the way I look and that's really good enough for me.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
Noooo, invulnerable since pretty much birth, makes that tricky at best.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
Not really.

Do you have a dominant hand?
Right handed

What kind of clothing do you wear?
normal clothing?  Shirts jeans, suit if I have to dress up, glasses with false lenses to protect my secret Identity, they work pretty well from what I can see.

Do you wear makeup?
Nope

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
Pretty deep, Eddie used to say I could be Bass in a barbershop quartet, well until he heard me sing then we all thought it best I just not.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
I don't really think so though Erin and Trevor say I have telepathy face when Alex is talking to me and sometimes move my lips when I reply but I think they're just ribbing me.

History

Where do you come from?
Freedom City

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Wasn't really an option growing up but wouldn't really want to its a great city

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
Absolutely, I mean the US has made its fair share of mistakes some would say more than its fair share but it's not about falling down it's about getting back up and doing better right?

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
I can't think of living anywhere else though it is kinda noisy, not just sound just everything is always turned up in Freedom, it's nice to visit the country or someplace less frantic for awhile.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Freedom City USA, it's never dull?  Freedom is a great city even with the regular threats of world ending annihilation. 

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
Well for most of growing up I was in a program with other T-babies so we were all pretty similar in the ways that mattered I guess?  It gives some perspective as we all were effected regardless of skin tone, gender, religion, everything.  And when it comes down to it we're just another variation on humanity same as all those other things.  I think people spend too much time on categories not enough just looking at us as us.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
I've had most of my powers since I was a baby so that skews things a bit.  I mean I'm strong, and durable, and fast, and can fly, but I don't really think of those things like that.  I mean those are things to keep under control more than anything and their existence has pretty much defined my life.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
Nothing like that no.  I mean getting taken into the program was kinda scary at first but I don't know about traumatic, the incident leading to that messed me up for a long time but I like to think I have a handle on that now too.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
When I was four I struck another boy in anger, hurt him pretty bad though they never said so directly.  I hated my powers, my strength, after that.  Feared myself for what I could do too.  That led me to the Program with AEGIS and that pretty well defined my childhood and really most of the time after.  I still struggle to stop that moment from defining me and my life at times, but I am more than a mistake made before I knew better I'm the person who has grown from it to not let it happen again for me or anyone else.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
I blamed myself for too much, hated myself, my powers, didn't let myself see what they could be and that it was my choice how or even if I let them define me.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
Barely had kindergarten before the AEGIS program through STAR labs took over.  That was school till Claremont in high school.  After Claremont there was Freedom Community College and the FCPD Academy.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
My mom kept everything from the program that we ever brought home.  I guess some of it actually came in handy for the lawsuits.  She also has a bunch of half finished model kits me and my dad always said we were gonna finish.  They have pictures all that stuff but nothing really mine.  I guess I never really felt like there was much worth hanging onto.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
Wow that is a bundle of conflicting answers.  I didn't want to be a hero or even have powers for a long time.  Some kids int he program loved it the attention the fear even, I hated every second.  Always worried I'd squeeze too hard or break something.  Long story short I've spent a long time trying not to be a super hero.  But I do have these powers and it's not like I can just stand by and not use them.  there was no moment I really decided but things happen and you don't have the time to think just to act.  I hear from some of hte guys on the force that's what it's like with or without powers so I dunno if there is any deciding about it you just are or are not.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
I don't usually do the whole why I'm a hero thing.  Feels kinda contrived to be honest.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
Dark sure, deep not so much.  There are full files on me at AEGIS, I got powers from the Terminus worming its way into my DNA or something that's pretty dark.  They never said what happened to the kid I hit, they told me it was all fine but Alex said they were lying but didn't know anything more.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
Only to myself?  I hope to give that up soon.  I have run from this life for a long time it's time to stop running and start living.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
They aren't very secret just a security clearance and question away.  I almost look forward to it being known but it's terrifying at the same time.  I don't want to be used as a reason people like me can't be trusted and I don't want to see my friends or family targeted because of what I am.  But the fact is if the truth comes out best way to handle it is to face it and prove I am not my powers, not their source, and not defined by my mistakes however dire.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
Criminal no.  But I am registered and recorded in detail with AEGIS and a child of hte terminus.

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 
Marvin and Melinda

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
Mostly.  There were a few years boarded with the TEMS project at STAR labs and spent the school days there even afterward.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
My dads a copy editor at the Herald tough business these days with the internet and all but if anything blog posts need better copy than traditional print so that's good I guess.  Mom stayed home kept busy with her hobbies, lots of knitting and researching non-toxic home made toys that are not very fun.  She runs an Etsy shop now, got some buzz on some regretsy blog awhile back but I don't follow that as close as I shoudl I guess.

Where are your parents now?
Still living in the house I grew up in in hanover.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
Moving wasn't really an option.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
Oh my parents were pretty great really.  Dad pushed hard for some of the expose's that got movement on the lawsuits to get us out of the Program and Mom has always been there for me in he own weird lets bring home made granola to the movies kind of way.  I get the feeling they worry,  I know they are less certain than they act about Alex coming out fully and they worry about what might happen when I do the same.  Mom has started to ask awkward questions about the length of our engagement and grandkids and stuff so that is super uncomfortable for all involved.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
They were super proud about the Academy and starting at the FCPD.  I'm not sure how they really feel about the more recent news.  I talked to them briefly and they were supportive if I needed anything but seemed a little scared too.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Nope folks were one and done, possibly cus of the powers?

What was your birth order in the family?
one and only

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
N/A

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
N/A

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Uhm no that is crazy talk

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
Not really no.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
Nope this isn't dynasty.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
Captain Harlan 'Haddock' Harris scourge of the high seas!  Uhm no that is make believe.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
That is a tricky one.  So I have a fiance, and this girl came through a portal from the future who by all evidence is our daughter.  But she has gone back to the future soooo... No?

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I've always wanted kids, still do.  Not sure about the one I supposedly had though she was a handful... I kid!  Mostly...

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Alex.  Though that is a SUPER creepy way of asking that question.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Alex and I have been through everything together the only real constant.  She's like part of me.  Mark is a great guy and never fails to get my mood up which believe me is no mean feat historically.  Erin is probably the most stable, loyal, and giving person you could have the pleasure of knowing even if she doesn't let it show much.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Alex we've been friends since before I can remember and she's always there for me even when I really don't deserve it.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
Alex first probably though hard to go missing when we have the telepathic link and all, My parents, Mark, Erin, Trevor?  I hope trevor but that guy is hard to read sometimes I think he just is humoring Erin about all of us.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
Not really no.  One time I got hit by this nullifier ray and lost contact with Alex, but I was a bit preoccupied with the falling from the sky to notice right away she wasn't there, then once I did I guess i kinda knew it was probably the ray that knocked me out of hte sky interfering.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
Uhm not that I know of.  I mean in the general sense sure like I hate omega and steelgrave and other villains bent on destroying the world but it's not exactly a personal thing there.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
Well, if Mark is to be believed they'ed try to reveal me and expose my secrets to turn popular opinion against me then probably frame me for attacks on my own family and friends they perpetrated while imprisoning me in their volcano lair.  But I don't really have any enemies that aren't just general enemies of decent people everywhere.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
To me personally?  never really anything I guess.  People have tried to hurt or even kill my friends, my world, so that was pretty bad but not really about me.  

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
I strive not to put my loyalties in conflict with one another.  Among my friends I would probably take Alex's side first, then Mark, Erin, then Chris, Trevor, James(if he ever shows back up).  If you're talking in a broader moral scale I try to protect those who need it most from those the fewest others can protect them.  My friends are heroes in their own right, I'd not insult them suggesting they need me more than civilians or bystanders.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
Alex absolutely.  We share a connection that transcends truth and lies, I mean I guess if anyone could lie telepathically it would be Alex but she wouldn't not to me.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
Those who prey on the weak without reason.  Some criminals feel they have no choice, some truly do not, but there are those who have little to gain from their crimes and commit them still for marginal benefit or some twisted joy they take in it.  I save my loathing for them.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
Bravery, not just to do the things that are easy or dangerous but hte things that are hard and with the highest personal price.  I don't always manage this but I strive too.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
I hate bullies.  It is a hard balance to strike for me however which I think is the root of my dislike, I have the power to enforce my will on most I choose to use that only as sparingly as I can when other options are exhausted.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
I do though it is tenuous at best.  I am not public with who and what I am as of yet.  Soon maybe.  I don't hide it from those closest to me, I'm bad at lying and don't like to anyway.  Also AEGIS has full records.  I evaded those for a time as Mathew Bright but it wasn't ever going to hold up to serious scrutiny.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I'm a good team player though usually not decisive enough for leadership.  But lets face it with friends like Alex and Trevor to make a plan and Mark to keep us all going why would I need to be.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
I was on Young Freedom, as a founding member, in high school but we've all moved on now.  Mark and Trevor and Erin are on the new Liberty League, that might be next for me.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
I am not any more.  I was a member of the Fraternal Brotherhood of Police Officers still have friends there but not a member since I can't be an officer anymore.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
Mark for the way he always keeps a positive attitude, Alex for being just everything, My dad even without powers or anything he's taught me the most of what heroism really means.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
I used to idolize the big names, Centurion, The Freedom League, Dark Star, Ace Danger even.  But now that I'm older I realize not so much they are unworthy as that's not what why they do it.  

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
I don't but well I do.  Doing the right thing even when it is the hard thing it feels right it feels good.  Helping people saving people there is nothing like it and I can't just not while I am able to.  But I still long for something simpler but I know it isn't for me really.  You can't have the simple life when you can do what I can, or even have the drive to make things better.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
Not any more.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
I would like to be married but with how long we've waited I don't want ours to stomp on Erin and Trevors.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
uhm I feel pretty good having a one year plan I'll leave the twenty year plan to better minds than my own.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
It's cheesy, but fear.  I spent a long time when I could have done a lot more doing nothing out of fear.  Not being able to help someone because I wasn't there or didn't make it in time or wasn't good enough is hard.  Not helping because I was too frightened to try is the worst feeling there is.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
I don't know.  Probably though I'd prefer not to have to?  It's pretty questionable if there is much that could take my life without causing so much collateral damage it wouldn't be worth it.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I'm not gonna lie I've had it pretty good.  My folks are pretty well off, and Alex is loaded now of course.  I don't feel like I'm miserly with it but I might be able to be more charitable I guess.  In the end for me money is another tool and one I'm not talented in the use of.

How do you generally treat others?
As best I am able.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
I am and it has and hopefully will again.  It means the last time didn't put an end to it.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
I'm pretty shy in general though can put on a good front when I need to.  I don't have great self confidence but I'm getting better.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
awkwardly and uncomfortably.  I mean I don't want a relationship with anyone but Alex I know that now.  But like O don't know where to look or if I'm sending the wrong signal or insulting them or being creepy.  I'm bad with women is the moral here.

What are your most annoying habits?
I tend to be a bit stubborn and can be plodding in coming to a conclusion.  Trevor would probably say the no coffee thing.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
No.  You can't know what another person has happening inside.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
I like a good burger like few other things.  Most food I tend to wolf down I eat a pretty good amount, not for my size but still.  

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
ugh alcohol, Uhm.  Water?  Maybe Milk if I'm nervous.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Cheesecake!  Love it.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Mark left this half poutine sandwich in the fridge for like two weeks.  That stuff isn't super appetizing to start with and, yea no.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
I'm fond of blue.  Not a big fan of orange.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
My tastes to the great relief of everyone had broadened.  I like pop and a lot of the new indie and alternative stuff.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Alex has this mint shampoo with like menthol in it and it smells amazing...

Do you have a favorite animal?
I like dogs they're loyal and cute and furry.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
Things are nothing compared to people and you can't possess a person.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
Creature comforts means something different when you can survive hard vacuum.  That said I like camping and miss the times on my grandparents farm, But it's not like a life I would choose all the time.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Kill, there are people who perhaps deserve to die.  I am not the one to make that call though.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
Not really.  I do the church thing still sometimes but it's all a little hollow with everything.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
My dad is the religious one but it's more by rote for him habit almost.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
N/A

Could you kill? Have you killed?
I could.  I won't.  I may have, I hope I didn't but there is doubt and lies int he minds of hte AEGIS officers who told us what happened.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
I let my control lapse for a second and who knows how bad off that kid was.  That was out of my control I know that now.  I don't let that happen now.  But it took me a long time to realize there is space to have these powers and also to control them.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
No.  It takes something from a person when they kill something they can't get back.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
I would stop them.  Friend or foe I would stop them.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
I'd try to get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?
Usually blushing and stammering followed by rushing off to write some truly horrendous poetry.  I like to think I could manage to skip at least the poetry now.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
Thankfully it has not.  I don't know I don't think you can until it does.  I hope I could get through it intact but I just don't know.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Child abuse.  Because it is.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
Marry Alex.  Tell Her what she means to me.  Tell my friends what they mean to me.  Go to orbit one last time.  I hope find out the truth of what happened to that boy in kindergarten but I don't know if they woudl ever tell me the truth.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Claremont Academy, Go fightin super-teens?

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
Mostly self taught though Erin and I spared alot and both learned alot about each of our limits.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
Not really no.  I mean outside the whole fly and lift buildings thing.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
I tried to be a cop... Yea I know it went about as one would expect.  My friends were nice enough to let me find out on my own so there is that.

What is your preferred combat style?
not?  If I have to I go hand to hand try to disable the other guy put a stop to it with minimal damage.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
I won that "I ate the whole thing" t-shirt at Champions once.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I like building things working with my hands.  As a hobby I'd like to do more of that.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
Wtch and learn?  At least watch.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Normal was up at dawn for running then gym and classes at the academy.  More recently up for my shift, protect and serve, then nursing a drink with the guys at end of shift.  Now I have alot of free time on my hands mostly.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I used to help my grandpa fix up stuff on the farm. I like working on stuff like that.

What do you do for fun?
Movies, dates, alot of date nights in lately I guess Alex gets enough of hte cameras and crowds with AEON and everything.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
I do though Mark thinks I need to change it lest we look like siblings so we'll see where that goes.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Jeans and  t-shirt.  Coat if it's cold just so I don't stand out.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Boxers

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
No.  I tend to be sturdier than jewelry so accidents destroy it.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
Not really.  Mostly in my room at my folks house.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
Flying?  does that count?  I walk lots of places when going incognito and take public transit where I can.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
I think I'd leave that for Alex to set up she's much better at that stuff and really should get everything anyway.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
uhm genetically?  maybe?  I dunno if my body was destroyed beyond recognition to be honest I think we have bigger problems than identifying me.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
Being a kind person

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
I think I solve more problems than I cause but of course I'm a threat.  Even an accidental bump could hurt someone no less if I tried to.  Then there is the collateral damage issue when I do fight someone.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
Will to try harder to be better.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
when that will falters.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
Lighten up a little not everything is life and death.  Live let yourself live and embrace the weird that is your life live it love it.

Edited by angrydurf
The !

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
What is your full birth name?Where do you live?How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? Physical TraitsWhat is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.How would you describe your heritage?How tall are you?What is your body type?Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/how-does-superman-get-a-hair-cut-591835/)Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?Do you resemble anyone famous?Do you have a dominant hand?What kind of clothing do you wear?Do you wear makeup?What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? HistoryWhere do you come from?Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?How do you feel about the place you come from? Where is your home town? What was/is it like?Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.What stupid things did you do when you were younger?Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?FamilyWhat are your biological parents' names? Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?Where are your parents now?Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).How do your parents view you now, or how would they? Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.What was your birth order in the family?Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?What type of person would be your ideal mate?RelationshipsDo you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?What is the worst thing someone has done to you?Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?Who or what do you trust the most? Why?Who or what do you despise? Why?What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?Personality & BeliefsWho are your heroes?Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?Is there anything you would give you life for? How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?How do you generally treat others?Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? What are your most annoying habits?Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?What is your favorite treat (dessert)?Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?If you have a favorite scent, what is it?Do you have a favorite animal?What is your most treasured possession? Why?Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? Could you kill? Have you killed?What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? How would you react if something important was stolen from you?How would you react to public humiliation?How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?Career & TrainingDo you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?What is your preferred combat style?Have you ever received any awards or honours?What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?Lifestyle & HobbiesWhat is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?What do you do for fun?Do you have a costume? What does it look like?How do you normally dress when not in costume?What do you wear to bed most nights?Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?MiscellaneousHave you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?What would you like to be remembered for after your death?Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?What do you perceive as your greatest strength?What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Lighten up a little not everything is life and death.  Live let yourself live and embrace the weird that is your life live it love it.