Ounce of Prevention [OOC]

The Sailor

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry about it. Having the gaps helps me think.

Here is what you noticed: There is indeed a crashed blimp on the beach, it seems the middle of it has collapsed inward do to a deflating internal gasbag but the other two are sort-of still bouyant. Of course the one section TL was laying in is not lifting much so it looks like there was a good amount of helium lost in the process of crash, but they are otherwise holding air.

What is noticable is the armored suit in the water, it looks like a well padded drysuit with carbon fiber plates at the vitals, and a bright yellow swim-ring like flotation device deployed under the arms. The most important? The suit isn't floating like an empty suit... there's someone inside, knocked out.

Make a IC post, then I'll respond. Also, once you post, note that you're getting a Hero Point.

Not going to worry about initiative right now, as it's just you up and at them.

Edited by Sailor

Ok one more Notice check... this time it's time to use your ears... Also note I gave you a hero point as their invisibility is technological, not magical in nature. From what I could see about your visual tricks, they pierce magical obscurement, not the fact they're wearing hyper-advanced camoflauge that makes them look like they're part of the surroundings. Like, physically...

Edited by Sailor

Well, not a bad check.

You notice some movement in the forest not too far from the beach. Something that looked like a moving bush, retreating into the woods. You got a general idea of where the mass is headed, but not sure if it's human or animal... it wouldn't be too far of a stretch from the shot that KOed Torpedo Lass that it is most likely Human. Although the shadows you saw suggest more than one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll look up Sneak Attack tonight, and tell ya the result in THIS... VERY... POST!!! (in an edit. :P )

Okay first off the initiative. I'm rolling the three as a group, luckily they regroup at the lowest initiative they rolled, so they act at Initiative 7.

So here is the order

Shrike: 14, Hero Points: 0
Team Jerky: 7

The result of your attack, you hit. But as for damage...

Kite Toughness (vs DC 25 (Against a currently Damage 10 Effect) due to the Sneak Attack): Toughness Save (+8): 1d20+8 27

She takes it, although she slides back from the attack. Now we're on standard initiative and you get another turn. Although, I still have to make a post first.

Edited by Sailor
  • 5 months later...

As you only get the benefit of the feat "Sneak Attack" on the turn you used the hero point, you still managed to hit. Giving Kite a Bruised condition.

Toughness Save: 1d20+8 22

Kite, and Hyena aren't aware of your position, Coyote on the other hand is about to fire on where he thinks he saw you shoot from. I'll give you a partial concealment bonus to your defense for this turn against the area attack (+4 to Defense and Reflex Saves). You will need to make a DC 23 Reflex Save versus the fragmentation airburst about to head your way. As you don't have evasion, you'll have to make a 19 Toughness Save if you make it, a 23 if you don't. Also unfortunately as this is a slicing attack, it is also LETHAL. Luckily it seems this might have been just one odd round specially loaded.

I will post momentarily.

Edited by Sailor

For that clever post, I'm giving you a Hero Point for good roleplay. ^_^

I'll edit in any attacks that come up shortly.

Actually, no more combat for now, once I post as TL and as GM, you may post freely. Although I will need either a Disable Device, Craft: Electronics, or Computers check. If you make a KNO: Technology check before hand I might toss you an idea, and give a +2 for any one of the other checks you wish to make.

Edited by Sailor