"It would be useful to still turn 'ghostly' sometimes," Indira mused, ever the huntress; at Koshiro's struggles and Kimber's woodland assault she grudgingly set the group down, extra arms flowing back into her body to give her torso a bit more substance. "I do hope you can be touched around us most of the time, however," she admitted. "I owe you several years of hugs; movies and television tell me I also owe you many of the 'noogies'."

She raised a hand that had grown some rather uncomfortable-looking knuckle spikes, but her eyes were still all smiles. "The hair looks good - a notable change to match your growth. I believe that is traditional."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comrade Frost blinked a few times. "This is absolutely wonderful, Kimber!" he called, obviously speaking very rapidly, "I will return shortly but I am now being called away." And with that, he vanished in a puff of white snow and a wisp of truly celestial cold. Or maybe infernal. He'd made sure to warn Kimber ahead of time that he might be called away unexpectedly - it was no real surprise. 

-

When Frost opened his eyes again, he was wearing only his boxer shorts and strapped, spread-eagled, to a giant silver dish. Looming over him was a familiar figure indeed - half her face in shadow and half in light, beauty and horror mixed together, towering over Man just as Death itself towered over all things, Lady Hel loomed over his prone form - a knife and fork in her gigantic hands, each as big as Frost himself. "<Frost>!" she growled, her breath at once sweet and smelling of rotten maggoty flesh, "<you've really done it this time>!" 

"Yesss..." said Frost, slipping into the same Old Norse tongue as she. "But we had a deal! I help Kimber Storm with her desire for mortal flesh, and in return she will stand by us when-" 

"You said the Annihilist would probably be dead! I was looking forward to eating her soul!" Hel's shout would have shattered a mortal's eardrums - even Dimitri had to concentrate to heal his own injuries. Hel's plate was warm, like blood. 

"And she probably will be, eventually! I thought those bison would probably eat her! They are pretty tough customers and she seemed like the type to jump in their mouths in a fit of sadness! What could I do, just murder her there in front of everyone?" Hel gave him that look, the one with her dead rhuemy eye. "No, not with so many witnesses!" he went on. "They would be so wrathful! Lady Hel, I make you a pledge," Frost temporized. "The next time I encounter a soul that corrupted, I will personally see it appears on your plate. Yes?" 

She hmmed, leaning back from the plate, and poked him in the belly with her knife. "Agreed, Frost. But on one condition..." 

-

For her part, Tarva had no idea of the conversation that had just taken place. Instead, shrugging at Frost's abrupt departure, she headed straight for Kimber. At the sight of the transformation that had befallen her boon companion. Tarva looked Kimber up and down, her eyes wide. "Kimber, I...I did this once for you to save your life. I do it now for the life you have won anew!" And with that, the tall shadow-witch hovered slightly in the air and planted a passionate kiss right on Kimber Storm's lips.

Sharl's robotic eyes widened at the sight, but he said nothing besides, "Do we...do we need to give the two of you some privacy...?" he joked awkwardly. 

Lucy had seem much worse back in her speakeasy day people tended to do a lot more than just drink illegal liquor, a lot of boundaries were pushed in those places.

“No I think they’re doing quite fine where they are, if it’s more than just a kiss then a little privacy might be in order.” she gave a broad smile obviously enjoying the moment, but still aware of any potential trouble on it’s way.

“This is all lovely and such but are we safe here? Should we think about maybe getting back to Freedom City, more kissing can safely happen there.”

Temperance had to admit, she was actually starting to feel the chill in her bones. It was a strange and alien experience, and it didn't make the looming darkness any more comfortable. But despite all that, she still felt a sense of warmth. Kimber had managed to get what she wanted. She'd grown older, she'd gained a corporeal state, and the power flowing off of her... well, that was a bit of concern. A part of her wondered how far the essence of death had soaked into Kimber. Ghosts were somewhat outside of the whole spiritual ecology, but she'd heard tales of restless dead who had managed to transmute to a half-state, walking amongst the Reapers...

She shook her head. This wasn't the time for folklore. It was a time for celebration. "I am all in favor of moving the celebrations back to Freedom," she said. "And perhaps a round of drinks. Warm ones, if it can be managed." 

• 2 weeks later...

Kimber made a startled sound at the unexpected kiss but quickly leaned into the shadow witch to reciprocate. Breaking away a moment or two before the display became terminally awkward for the rest of the gathering she looked a little flushed but much less flustered than they might have expected the flighty phantom to be. "Well! I think I can call that a positive review."

Clearing her throat with a little cough she shot Tarva a look that clearly communicated there was a conversation to be continued in a less public space before raising a hand to her pendant. In a flash the jewelry returned to its form as a scythe, easily whirling about once over her head as she brought it to bear. "Hot chocolate and cider, then, yeah!" Bringing her scythe down in a powerful two-handed swing seemed to tear through the air itself, opening a hole in the world itself and what was a comparatively warm blast of air next to Jotunheim's frigid cold. With a courtly gesture, she ushered the ground back to Midgard. "Let's go home, everybody."