Round 2

G-Gryphon 1: Unharmed-GM
G-Gryphon 2: Unharmed-GM
Cerulean: Unharmed, 2HP
G-Gryphon 3: Pilot: Bruised, Stunned Vehicle: Injured-GM
G-Gryphon 4: Unharmed-GM
G-Gryphon 5: Unharmed-GM
G-Gryphon 6: Unharmed-GM

Gryphons #1-2 attempt to make Pilot checks (DC15, it's a little tricky) to maneuver so they can safely fire on Cerulean: 13, 9, neither rolled a one(EDIT: actually #2 did, I beg your pardon Mad Scientist for this lapse. #2 crashes against the Lady Aetheria for a DC25 Toughness save: 13, failed by 12, craft is Staggered and Disabled, which I rule puts it out of the fight) or got below 5, so neither crash, but they have to pull away from the Lady Aetheria.

Cerulean's go.

Edited by Ari

Ack!  I've been busy with my new job, but that's no excuse to forget that I was up!

Now that she has her footing, as it were, Cerulean is going to wait until at least a couple of them are inbound on an attack run, then hit them with her Kamehameha. 

Blast 11, 25' wide line and 550' long, Penetrative 5, +5 Knockback. It's a full round action to activate, Toughness Save DC 26, a Reflex Save at DC 21 reduces that Toughness DC to 20. 

No worries, Mad Scientist.

The last three Gryphons go together. We'll say the readied action takes precedence. Their pilots' DC21 Reflex saves: 20, 6, 15. None make it.
Their DC26 Toughness saves: 12, 22, 18. #4 fails by 14, let's say the G-Gryphon is Destroyed and its pilot descends to Earth with their automatic safety device. #5's pilot is Bruised, and their Gryphon Injured. #6's pilot is Stunned and Bruised and their ship also Injured.

Only #5 manages to take an action this round. Their DC15 Pilot check to try and got an angle on Cerulean: 25. Their Attack roll against her with a Stun: 28. Natural Critical Hit. EDIT: DC23 Fortitude save vs. Stun.

Edited by Ari

Edited earlier post of Round 2, correcting an almost-uncaught error on my part.

Round 3

G-Gryphon 1: Unharmed-GM
G-Gryphon 2: Out-GM
Cerulean: Unharmed, 1HP
G-Gryphon 3: Pilot(Bruisedx1, Stunned) Vehicle(Injuredx1)-GM
G-Gryphon 4: Out-GM
G-Gryphon 5: Pilot(Bruisedx1)-GM
G-Gryphon 6: Pilot(Bruisedx1, Stunned) Vehicle(Injuredx1)-GM

Edited by Ari

Hn. From my reading of the rules I took it that a natural twenty struck regardless of concealment, but I still need to roll against it to see if it is, in fact, actually a Critical Hit.

7 on the Miss Chance roll, so that'd hit regardless, making it an official Critical Hit.

As for the other edit, it was to fix an error where Gryphon #2 HAD in fact rolled a 1 (I blame the gremlins) and crashed into the airship. It was previously recorded as still in the running.

That's actually just DC23, I am a dumz. Damaging effects only get the DC15+rank. No effect.

Anyway, G-Gryphon #1 rolls its DC15 Pilot check on an attack run: 20. Attack with Atmo-Cannon(Move Object 11, Area(Cone)): 10. Miss. Reroll(+1HP to Cerulean, 2HP): 23. Round three, and the Gryphons are no longer affected by Eileen's Concealment (+1HP again, at 3HP), DC18 Fortitude save.

Cerulean's turn after that resolution.

Wish she knew their radar had locked onto her. :D  She'll likely figure it out soon enough.

Fort Save DC: 18: 1d20+8 27

Definite overkill for a DC 18, but I'll still take it!  Still trying for increased visibility from below -- massive Kamehameha 25' x 550' brilliant blue beam spearing out ad the Gryphons again!  As above, Blast 11, Penetrative 5, +5 Knockback. It's a full round action to activate, Toughness Save DC 26, a Reflex Save at DC 21 reduces that Toughness DC to 20. 

#3, 5  and 6 are caught in the ray, their Reflex saves vs DC21: 25, 22, 20. #3 and 5 make it, their DC20 Toughness saves 20, 16. #6's DC26 Toughness save: 17.

#3 is unchanged(still Stunned), #5 suffers a Bruise and Injury to the pilot and vehicle respectively, #6 gets another Bruise and Injury and has their Stun refresh.

#5 tries something new in crashing bodily into Cerulean, attempting to crush her between its beak and the airship. Attack roll: 26. Connects. DC25 Toughness save, with a DC20 Reflex save/Flight Power Check/Stunt off of her Array/Other Combat Trick to avoid smashing into the Lady Aetheria for a somewhat higher second Toughness save.

Mad Scientist, I have an idea: next 'round' closes off the fight when the leading Gyro-Gryphon misses while shooting a stun-bolt at Cerulean while she's on its wingmate, instead briefly electrifying the other craft and sending the ornithopter and momentarily-paralyzed superheroine crashing through the side of the airship and into one of the command levels, inadvertently bringing her closer to Sky Lord.

Or, if you prefer, Cerulean can finish off the Gryphons and make her way aboard by some other, less catastrophic means.

How about you give a summary of the battle with the Gyro-Gryphons, ending with her escaping Death By Crushing and rolling up the plane's body, and I lead off from there with the shocking and the crashing and the continued bad day?

• 3 weeks later...