Man That You Fear

N/A

The "Giza" is the Bagdad with the serial numbers filed off.  A Google image search will give you a good idea of the general look and layout.

"Dead Moon Rising" is basically a Freedomverse Night of The Living Dead.

Edited by ShaenTheBrain

Wail and Kingsnake both need to make a DC20 Will save.  Because of Kingsnake's sensory powers, I'm increasing the power effect from rank 10 to rank 15, increasing the DC to 25, and giving him a Hero Point for the Complication.

Will save for Kingsnake: 27.  He makes it.  If Wail fails, then the infrasound waves make him hallucinate too, and he rolls on the Confuse table, treating any result of "Attack the user of the Confuse effect" as if he had rolled "Attack the nearest person."

The crowd of roughly 1,000 PL0 bystanders have Will +0, so they need a natural 20 to make the save.  I'll assume that, statistically, that means 95% of them fail.  They are under a rank 10 Confuse effect.  I'll also go with statistics for the effect, so of the 1,000 people, roughly 200 of them are thinking clearly (relatively speaking), 400 of them are attacking the nearest person, 200 of them are running for the nearest exit and trampling anyone in the way, and 200 are going fetal right where they are.  Each type of reaction is more or less equally intermixed, so there are plenty of each type of person crossing paths with all the rest.

Then there are the two teenagers whose latent superpowers just got activated by the trauma.  For the pyrokinetic, we'll use the Fire Elemental build from Instant Superheroes.  For the one with prehensile hair, we'll use AA's "Rapunzel" build.

Anyone who tries to subdue any theatre patrons without hurting them gets a Complication Hero Point for the -2 circumstance penalty they'll suffer to their Attack checks, and they have to restrict themselves to using no more than 5 ranks of any Damage effect (after any adjustments for tradeoff feats).  Any effect forcing a Toughness save of DC21 or higher is going to be automatically treated as lethal damage.

Edited by ShaenTheBrain

Right.  You said he was standing in the back, so I assume he's at the outer edge of the first-floor crowd, directly under the balcony level, with his back more or less against the wall (or the door, rather, since the walls have seats up against them, with two footpaths running from the back doors up to the stage/screen, dividing the ground-level seating into three columns).  Fire-Girl is definitely closer than Hair-Boy.  She's more or less in the center of the ground-floor crowd.  The balcony floor juts out over the back 1/3 or so of the room.

She's only Defense Class 18, so that easily hits, and her Grapple is only +9.  She resists with 25.  He's got her Pinned.

I'm arbitrarily increasing the listed rank of her Damage aura from 4 to 10 to make things more interesting.  Wail gets a Hero Point for GM dickery, and needs to make a DC25 Toughness save.

Edited by ShaenTheBrain

The viewers are all PL0 Bystanders, pretty much just zeroes across the board for traits.  All the hostile people have a free rank of Rage going, so they're Defense -2 (DC8), STR 14 (+2), Fort +2, and Will +2.

Brian is going to try to save the guy who just went over the railing.  Meanwhile as many people as can fit around him will mob him.  He's up against the railing, so I'll say that's 5 people who can get around him.  So 4 people Aiding a fifth in a grapple attempt.

Aid checks (DC10): 4, 11, 19, 10.  3 make it, one doesn't.  That's +6 to the "lead" "zombie"'s attack.

Attack check (DC22): 23.  They got him.

Grapple checks:
"Zombies": 9.
Kingsnake: 25.

The can't keep their grip on him.

It occurs to me that Kingsnake has no Concentration skill ranks, and he needs to be punished for that.  It's a DC20 Concentration check to perform an action while being grappled.  He has to make it on raw Wisdom.

Concentration check (DC20): 23.  Hot damn, natural 20.  He manages to keep his grip and pull the guy up.

RapunzeLad:

Standard Action: Use his Targeted Selective Cone Area attack to whip his hair, whip it good, at all the "zombies" in his field of vision, including Kingsnake.

Attack check: 14.  He misses Kingsnake, but hits plenty of bystanders with impossible DC25 Toughness saves, sending them flying off the balcony and against the walls with plenty of Knockback.  It's rainin' men, hallelujah.

Free Action: Activate "Flight."

Move Action: Get above the crowd, out of their melee reach.

Kingsnake:

Free Action: Flip the Kusarigamajutsu array to the Snare AP.

Move Action: Acrobatic Bluff to Feint RapunzeLad.  Take 10 with Skill Mastery for 25.

RapunzeLad's Acrobatics/Sense Motive check (+10 either way): 19.  He's flat-footed against Kingsnake's next attack.

Standard Action: Charge (+2 Atk / -2 Def) at RapunzeLad.  Power Attack for -2 Atk / +2 Dmg.  Extended Reach to close the gap, Skill Mastery with Acrobatics for 25 to move through occupied spaces.  Attack him with the Snare.

Attack check (DC13): 24.

Reflex save (DC20): 28.  Natural 20.

Kingsnake's Defense is +10 (DC20) until his next turn.

If Wail uses

• Emotion Control 13 (Extras: Area [General, Burst, 60ft radius], Linked [Trip], Flaws: Limited [Fear], Range 2 [Touch]) [7PP] + Trip 13 (Extras: Area [General, Burst], Linked [Emotion Control], Flaws: Range [Touch], Feats: Improved Trip) [14PP] (Fearsome Roar) [21PP]

to try to control the crowd some, does he still need to reduce the rank or is that strictly for Damage effects?

The ongoing Confuse effect is rank 10, so DC20 to counter, so no, 19 doesn't quite do it.

The contested Trip check is too high for the bystanders to oppose, so all of them within 60ft of Wail fall down.

I'll go ahead and also have the fear effect from the roar take hold.  That's also an impossible save, even (just barely) for the Raging people, so they're Panicked.  Doing some back-of-the-envelope math, I'll say there's about 400 people inside the area of effect.  So those people are now either turning and fleeing from Wail toward the nearest exit, or going fetal between the seats.  The ones who think they're flesh-eating zombies still think they're flesh-eating zombies, but their "flight" response to Wail is currently overriding their "fight" response to everyone else.

Kingsnake isn't inside the area of effect, but thanks to his extended hearing, I'm giving him a HP and forcing him to save anyway.

Reflex save (DC23): 21.  No Evasion for him.  He's forced to use his STR for the Trip check instead of his DEX.

Trip check (STR): 17.  If Wail rolls a 4 or better, Kingsnake is knocked Prone.

Will save (DC23): 13.  He fails by 10, so he's also Panicked by Wail.  (He will be using Extra Effort at the top of his round to burn a HP for Ultimate Will to break out of the Lasting effect.)

Initiative:
RapunzeLad: 27 (Enraged)
Kingsnake: 20 (3HP)
Wail: 18 (4HP, Bruised)
Fire-Girl: 15 (Enraged)
Gee I Wonder Who: 11
Bystanders: 1