Dropping in... (Seahawk & Mirror w/Miss A)

Seahawk stepped out with her old Archetech flightsuit. A blue jumpsuit-like suit with white trim. "We're not going anywhere formal, and hopefully this time, not anywhere where there is a criminal incident."

"I know of a place that's a hole on the wall, frequented by fighter pilots from the US Air Force nearby here... I'm a regular fixture there too." She said, pulling back the curtain, revealing a tall, person height dressing mirror... although it was just a square pane of a mirror. "Will this be of the right size? At least for what you're doing? Once you're set we can head off in what brought us here."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's perfect."

He said before picking up his cane, and stepping into it, the reflective surface rippling like water, and he was gone. A few short minutes later, the surface rippled once more as he stepped out as Alton emerged, wearing some tennis shoes, a black T-Shirt, and some jeans. His hair was still in a ponytail, but had been quickly brushed, and no longer tucked up inside the hat, and instead hung down onto his shoulders. 

"Alright, I'm ready whenever you are."

Mary was grumbling as she appeared near him once more, he hadn't let her choose his outfit, and she was going to bug him for a few days about that. No matter, she had been trying to put him into a suit anyway.

Naomi smirked, lifting the backpack with her suit inside over a shoulder. "Well... let's go!"

It wasn't long before they got into the truck and headed off. "Well, one hell of a day for me so far, and it's just like..." She looked at her watch. "...1530 in the afternoon. Saved a couple of sailors after Breakfast, crashed in a forest, met you, then stopped a couple robbers who had Archetech property AND somehow run into the Mother I thought was dead."

She scratched her head, sighing. "Unreal."

"If this is going to be the superhero side of my life, I really hope Miss A understands." She said before facepalming at a red light. "What am I saying? She's a superhero too."

She looked over to Mirror. "And... thanks for helping me out at the pond. I lose some control of my limbs after they heal up as the nerves reconnect. That... and the pain."

She focused on the street again.

Edited by The Osprey

"It's alright, I do what I can to help. Though honestly, at this point I'm not even sure what's going on anymore, so I'm just kind of going with it. Six months ago I never imagined I'd have powers, see a girl fall out of the sky, see her meet her alien mother she thought was dead, or deal with a hostage situation."

He said, watching Mary out of the corner of his eye, who was, in turn, watching the city go past them, looking extremely bored. She seemed to have gotten over what had happened a little while ago, at least, for now, but he knew she hated not being able to really do anything but talk to one person. 

As Seahawk drove up to the diner where they were going to eat, she smiled. "You know... if we do start working side by side in the future, I look forward to the action. I think the two of us had been tossed into some crazy circumstances, so we have something in common, to be honest." She said, putting her semi-long blonde hair into a pony tail. "I think you'd be a good fit with Miss Americana's work. Archetech is trying to improve it's image after it's previous CEO proved to be a power crazy mad scientist."

Smiling she pulls into the stall in the parking lot reserved for Archetech test pilots... Naomi loved this perk. "Amelia's Canteen. It's been here since the 1920s when barnstormers frequented the place... it had a different name at the time too. It had it's name changed after Amelia Earhart was lost at sea on her around the world trip. Howard Hughes ate here once. As well as Chuck Yeager."

She smiled. "Outside of the testosterone laid out by the military pilots here, it's not that bad of a place. I think I came at a quiet time, thankfully."

She opened the door, letting Mirror in first. "After you?"

I'll give you the honors to close the thread, Mirror!

^_^

"I've been looking into joining Archetech, but right now I haven't been working as an Engineer anywhere near long enough to qualify yet. One day I do hope to work at Archetech, but I don't know when I'll be able to."

Alton said as he walked inside, and got them a small table, tucked away in a corner. Mirror didn't really like being at the center of most places.

"As for working together, maybe. I think we'd work well together, but I'm not very experienced at all, so I haven't learned to judge it yet. In the meantime, I'll likely continue my work around the city, doing what I can."

He was being deliberately vague in case of eavesdroppers. Mary meanwhile was pestering him as to who the people Naomi had mentioned was. Ignoring her, Alton chose what he was going to eat, and smiled at Naomi. 

"As weird a day as it was, I can't say it was a bad day."