Jar of Glass

Tiffany Korta

"Simple really. There was something here after the fighting was over. It left, but whatever it was, it was dangerous. It was inside of that mirror over there. I told the officers to leave because, if it came back, and attacked, I don't even know if I could fight it."

He said with a simple gesture at the mirror, one eye being kept on Mary, who was still sticking close by to him. He straightened his suit, but was obviously nervous. What he had said was true, he had no idea what this thing was, just that it was very, very wrong, and he didn't know if he could lay a finger (or beam of light) on it.

The detective listened intently to Mirrors explanation then gave the young hero a warm smile her entire demeanor changing in almost an instance.

“Good I thought you might be one of those tight lipped heroes who disappear into the night. They really bug me when the do that.”

She waved in one of the uniformed cop and met them at the door.

“The owner of the shop is missing this hero will give you a description canvas the nearby area, pull any CCTV footage you can find as well. This could take a while do you want to come back to the station to wait it out or do you have a contact number?”

• 1 month later...

"I'm here to do my best to help the law enforcement of the city, not give them a bigger headache in trying to close a case, and I do have a number you can reach me at if you find something. As for the owner, I don't think I ever saw them, when I got here the thugs were already gathering up their ill-gotten gains, and I dealt with them. If the owner was in here, they didn't let me see them, and may have slipped past me when I took off after the thug that ran away. While you're doing what you can, I'll see if I can't find out what, or who was in that mirror, whatever it was, I don't think I should leave it loose for long. Best of luck to you Detective Khan, we're both going to need it."

Mirror said as he dug a scrap of paper out of his pocket and wrote a number down on it, and handed it to the detective before stepping up the mirror Mary had pointed at, and taking a deep breath, pressed himself into it, passing through it like it was nothing, and focusing his attention on letting Mary guide him, letting her choose where they emerged, hoping she might be able to track something he couldn't. Regardless, he'd emerge nearby, he just wanted to see if it was possible to track....whatever this thing was.

• 3 weeks later...

The normally almost instantaneous travel seemed to stop and Mirror found himself in a featureless white space. Hovering a few feet off the "floor" was a man in a lotus posistion he was a white man in his 30's bald, or with a shaved head, and a strip beard on his chin. He was dressed casually in jeans and a t-shirt with a pair of sturdy boots. Not the kind of person you expected to find in limbo.

"I'm sorry to drag you into this conceptual space at short notice, but you've gotten yourself involved in a basic narrative with quite a nasty little meme." He spoke with a slight Scottish brogue.

"Make youself comfortable and I'll tell you how you this narrative started and how we might hault it from reaching it's unfortunate conclusion."