Paradigm looked back over to Moon Moth, giving him a small smile.  "While I do not fully understand magic or similar phenomena, I have seen you use your magic enough to respect your skill and knowledge in that area my friend.  But let us see where Sitara's suggestion takes us first before we consider more drastic action."

Turning back to Sitara, the young Naram gave a small nod.  "Alright, let us see what we can do to assist this AI in achieving form."  While Amara did not like the thought of sitting vulnerable for an extended period of time, they were currently not near any system or other astronomical body, so the chances of a Communion spacecraft coming across them was rather remote. 

• 9 months later...

Moon-Moth nods his head respectfully as he tries to get his mind and indeed his prejudices back in order, the communion having given him quite a sour and coloured view of AI and machines who thought too much and felt to little.

"Very wells, first thing thirsts we shoulds figures out how to centralise it's consciousness..to make it slightly more coherent if possible, maybe recreating the moment of its conception in the computers processor will help it too...focus?" He suggests "May also traumatise it." He admits

“Next time we have a break I should tell you about my youth back on home planet. Gods and spirits wandered the land freely, it was much a pain and a wonder about half the time. I’ve always wondered why you don’t get that these days.”

As she spoke she began to work again on the open panelling working on helping this AI emerge fully.

“I’ve shunted and shut down a few systems to give it more memory to expand, I’ve also hooked it up to the display system so it should be able to form an image maybe even a full Hologram.”

As soon as Sitara ran the subroutines she typed on the control panel, the display monitor portrayed code that distorted into static, before slowlly reconstructing into a flat-surface projected face. The face of an Akarnean woman, one of the many species that had been inhabiting the Delaztri Empire. She had fin-like ears, one of Akarneans' distinctive features, and short-hair. Her most striking feature, however, was not her appearance itself; it was her visible anxiety. "Help! Get me out of here!!" She screamed, looking left and right as if she was trapped in a confined space. "My legs! I can't feel my legs! My whole body!..." The subroutines Sitara punched seemed to glitch-out whenever the woman in the monitor changed, before correcting themselves.

"Whe-... Where AM I? What's going on!?! Can anybody hear me!!!? Captain, can you hear me?!?" As her pleas became more frantic, so too did they grow more desperate and dejected.

Amara was slightly surprised as the face of an Akarnean woman appeared amongst the code displayed on the monitor, speaking in Delaztri and appearing to panic about not being able to feel her legs or body.  The Naram wondered as the image asked in anyone could hear her, including reference to a captain. 

"I am Amara Val-Ren, also known as Paradigm, of the Praetorians."  She replied in Delaztri. "We are doing everything we can to try to help you.  You are within the operating system of the Delaztri starship Devotion.  Do you know how you ended up here?"

Sitara’s Delazti was pretty rusty, something she planned to work on when they had time, but it didn’t take much to get the basic’s of the AI’s meaning.

“Hang on let me try something, luckily these ships were built to be pretty flexible.”

With a deft hand she began to reroute the ship's audio pickups through the systems translation algorithms and feed them through to the emergent AI, hopefully allowing them to “hear” what was being said anywhere within the ship. It shouldn’t take much before the systems would be able to do this sort of thing all by itself.

“There we go, we should be able to hear each other now.”

Thanks to Sitara's work, Vyrdnaya was able to hear Paradigm's words to her. "Huh? Parad-... Praetor Val-Ren? Is that you?!" Vyrdnaya asked, convincing herself that she breathed in relief. "I am what? Within the operating...? That doesn't make... I don't understand!!" Vyrdnaya continued hyperventilating as throughout the conversation, she felt that what was being said was non-sensical, like a few logic steps were being skipped.

Finally calming down, she said. "Forgive me, I apologize for my outburst. I'm, uhhh, I'm Vyrdnaya... Engineer Lieutenant Commander Vyrdnaya Solnys-Kori Milareth, Chief Machinery Repairwoman of the Devotion. I, uh... I don't know how I endep up... here? I... We were fighting the Communion, and then, and then the Cooling Systems went bust, the engines were failing, and I, uhh, I told the others to run to safety, while I tried to secure the exhaust route, by rebooting the engines. I..."

Taking yet another pause, to calm and collect herself, as she relived those memories, she continued "I restored the shields, and made my report to the bridge, and then... then... I heard an explosion... We must have taken a hit... I..." Vyrdnaya trailed as the realization of what happened to her started to dawn on her. "... I died..." She whimpered "I mean... I felt pain, like I was being ripped apart by a large gravitational force, while being hit by cauterizing radiation... but... why am I here?... why am I not dead? Where is my body?!"

Edited by Vahnyu

One thing with travelling around the universe so long was that you tended to have seen almost everything before, though she was happy that it could still surprise her every now and again. Whilst she’d not seen exactly these circumstances, she’d seemed similar things before.

“It seems that this is some kind of mind emulation, I’ve seen the confusion from similar forced or accidental mapping.” She whispered to Amara “We’ll probably have to break the fact that the bodies long gone gently. Or it might be a literal ghost in the machine, that’s more Moon-Moth’s area of expertise though.” She gave a little shrug on the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Moon-moth regards the being on the view screen curiously, souls he knew to be complicated and poorly understood by even his own mystical people, who in general preferred not to mess with such imicible things none the less he speaks up.

"Greetings lieutenant Commandeer, I Is Praetor Myothizar of house A'lira, Or moon-moth if you preferings to call me such." He speaks in a calm but serious tone of voice. "I cannot imaginings how stressful these circumstances are beings for you but I must ask you to remaining calm as you are being." He says as he places his hand against the monitor "Maybe you are hearings that I are a practitioners of magic, this is truth and I will do everything in my power to help you as will my comrades, with your cooperation of course."