IC - Cyberpirates of the Atlantic Basin

“If you want someone to explore the ship without being seen then I’m the best you’ve got.†it wasn’t an idle boast she was natural skilled, even without the power of the cloak.

“As for comm’s my I suggest we use these?†she opened her had to reveal a small bunch of the schools comms earbuds “A cell signal is too easy to track, these shouldn't be detectable by most means.â€

Endeavor

Endeavor accepted the comlinks, handing them out to everyone. "I'm sorry, Rampart, but pretty much the rest of us is on the waiting game. Although once we head to the ship if that is our objective, I could use Miracle Girl and You watching my back." She said. Looking sad she didn't have any ideas for Cho yet for the now. She turned to Blodeuwedd. "Thanks. You're one step ahead of me there. Now... let's find up what's up with those guys first... I want to know what's up with the buoy out there. Then we can scout out the ship once those guys on the boat get back. That way we can be certain of what we're getting into."

"To be honest I don't think they expected a boat of our type being able to come out this far. Never underestimate technology." She said with a giggle.

"Okay we got our plan together. Blodeuwedd, good luck. Listen in on those guys, and follow them to the ship. We'll come when we know it's clear. The rest of us, time to get quiet... reaaaal quiet." Endeavor said, putting in the earbud before closing the faceplate on her helmet of her suit.

OOC: I will make a GM post when Blodeuwedd arrives at the bouy. I won't be posting until then, although the others are free to make a single post of what they're doing on the boat. I may make a Endeavor post if someone wishes to speak to her.

Edited by The Osprey

Blodeuwedd’s cloak retracted until it completely disappeared, whilst it was useful normally it would impede her in the water. Her normal methods of travel wouldn’t really help her here, there were no tall structures she could swing above the water.

“I’ll go see if there is anything going on at the buoy, though I’m going to need a hand to reach there I’m a good swimmer but this water probably a little to rough for me.â€

Casey landed gently back in the boat, accepted the comm link and slipped it in her ear. It seemed like they had as good a plan as any at this point. When Blod requested help getting over, she held up her hand.

"I'd be happy to give you a lift; at low speeds, I'm pretty quiet, and we can fly just above the water and circle wide and try to sneak around the back." She gestured, tracing a wide graceful circle with her finger; she also kept her voice low, knowing how well sound could sometimes travel over water.

Endeavor

Sakurako facepalmed. "By Sagan's Cardigan... that's right... I'm sorry, Blodeuwydd. Some leader I'm turning out to be." She said, with a momentary embarassment, until she showed poise in recovery. "Well this fog is thick enough where if you hover high enough they won't notice you. And it is sort of dark. Miracle Girl..."

Sakurako hands her black rain cloak to Casey. "...It's not proper camoflauge, but whatever helps I wager. Good luck, you two. We'll swoop in if there is trouble."

Endeavor looked concerned... if she missed an important detail like the fact Blodeuwedd couldn't fly on her own... how else is she going to drop the ball. she might even put her classmate's lives in danger if she keeps messing up.

Focus, Sakurako... you can recover. She thought.

Edited by The Osprey
  • 4 weeks later...

GM

Blodeuwedd and Miracle Girl took off to the buoy, hovering above it a safe unobservable distance in the super-thick fog, but they could still hear the cold waters of the atlantic below. As they waited, the large rubber boat pulled alongside the buoy they were investigating. What was odd is as it got close there was light onboard that was turned on shining on the buoy, cutting down somewhat on the lack of visibility below. It could be seen that the people on the now visibly orange boat were wearing orange or yellow drysuits and red life preserver vests, with obvious coast guard markings. Didn't seem fake. One of them had a small rifle, looking more like it was standard procedure to carry.

"Hey, there's something off with this navigation buoy here. There's some black box on the side! What should we do?" Said one person as they hopped into the water to investigate. Obviously a Coast Guard swimmer. Someone like that would not have any compulsion against jumping into 40 degree water.

"Don't spend too long in the water. If there's something unusual there on that buoy we'll have to send the Navy out here to get a EOD guy to make sure it's not some sort of bomb. We should head back to the cutter and notify Lonely Point that they should put a navigation warning out here for a day or two while we resolve this. This chronic fog out here should help provide an excuse at least at night."

"Yeah..." The one swimmer in the water said, climbing back into the Zodiac-style boat. "We should get back to the cutter soon. We should check out those radar anomalies next in this fog. You said there was a small one 25 yards east of here?"

"Yep, small like a boat. Might be a life raft, but there's no distress beacon. We should check it if it's a navigational hazard. Like if someone lost something in a storm. That and there might be debris still coming down from that huge fight on the Lighthouse back around Christmas." That was a problem... Endeavor's boat was 25 yards away... in that direction.

"Yeah, let's do one more visual on this Buoy..." The swimmer said, as the smaller trolling outboard that was attached to the front was used to start circling the Buoy. "Boring work, eh?"

"Meh, that's what most of this crap is, endless stretches of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer crisis. Why didn't I join the Navy..." The now obviously woman on the boat with the rifle said with a sigh. It was pretty hard to tell until she spoke.

"Don't jinx us, girl."

Endeavor and her team waited on their boat, huddled down, listening over the comlinks, waiting to be told to move in if needed.

Edited by Osprey

Invisible and silent to all but the most observant of people Blodeuwedd was stood acrobatically on the top of the buoy, so perfectly balanced she didn’t effect it’s motion of the buoy.

She carefully watched the Coast Guard investigating the buoy the same as them even as she scanned the buoy herself for any sign of unusual. As she did she whispered into the Comm’s to keep everyone in the loop about what was happening.

“Look’s like we’re not the only one investigating this, the Coast Guard is also here.”

Endeavor

"Really? Hmm... I think at this point if the Coast Guard is in the area we will have to work with them on this... that boat that was spotted didn't look like a coastguard cutter and the cutter they came from could be near us... maybe real near us... I don't see any search lights near us, so I highly doubt the very close possibility. I'll leave it to yours and Miracle Girl's discretion if you wish to make contact. I don't think they'll appreciate the sudden appearance of two girls hovering over them, but if you can make contact subtly I'm all for it. Have they mentioned if they might head our way?"

She looked over to Vonnie and the others still in the boat. "Seems we might have some friendly orange suits visiting soon... or us visiting them."

"We're in costume... I'm going to head over and make contact. Stay up there for now... it'll take a moment to start the engines. I'll leave things to yours and MG's discretion. Start contact if you want."

Endeavor starts warming up the electric engine outboards after pulling up the black fabric covers that covered the bright orange inflatable part of their RIB.

Due to the nature of her upbringing,  Miracle Girl was inclined to trust the American military, so she decided to risk it and come clean, but on the off chance things weren't on the up and up, she would allow Blod to do her thing and remain out of sight.

Casey floated out from behind the bouy and smiled like a kid caught sneaking out to head to the local late night juice bar. "Hi! Brave young flying teenager looking to help!  Call me Miracle Girl." She indicated the bouy with a wave of her hand. "Traced a problem with the computers at our secret base to this location; what brought the Guard out here?"

Edited by Heritage

GM

The Coast Guard officer with the rifle pointed her rifle to the floor of her boat. Typical behavior for a soldier at ease. "Well the grown superheroes have been busy lately... then again you gotta work on your stealth child. I saw you floating above the buoy for the past 5 minutes." She said looking around. She lied actually... she thought she saw something hovering over the buoy, but the fog combined with how Casey was keeping still and quiet did cause doubt that she was "seeing things..." Better to keep things calm making her team think she saw everything... "That your boat over there?" She said, pointing to where Endeavor was. "Amazing it got out this far... If you are investigating who has been hacking your headquarters, I wager that black box is the culprit?"

There was an important note there, as she didn't see Blodewedd hiding behind the tall navigation buoy...

She straightened her vest. "Lieutenant Bernice Davis. Everyone calls me 'The Radar'. I'm helping this boat team check things out, we noticed a slowing of data coming from this buoy about two weeks ago, worsening yesterday. So our cutter came out here and parked about 1000 feet off that way to check things out..." That is when Casey notices when she pulls up her goggles on to her helmet, her eyes glowed. "I'm probably the only person here who can see through this pea soup."

"You kids manage to spot a cargo ship? My vision doesn't go much further than our cutter."

She let her small rifle hang by it's strap, crossing her arms. "I am also noticing a lack of safety equipment on you. This water is rather cold... unless cold water isn't a issue for you..."

"Tell you guys what, let's get to the cutter, we can set up a plan of action. Now that I've seen you kids, I can't just let you guys head off alone... That and we got hot cocoa... I know you can't resist that."

She wasn't being patronizing... she was inviting them to the cutter.

"Hot cocoa sounds great! Do you have mini-marshmallows?" When it came to food or drink, Casey was in fact still just a teenager. "And yeah, we did detect a cargo ship nearby; not me personally, but another member of our team. He's got some kind of special-sonar-sense, I guess." She looked back toward the Claremont boat. "Tell you what, let me check back with the rest of our team, and then we'll follow you back, okay?"

The blonde teen drifted back to the school's boat. "Okay, they seem to be legit Coast Guard, and they're out investigating the same thing we are." She pointed back the way she came. "They've got a cutter, and they're offering hot cocoa; maybe after we warm up and break the ice a bit, we can all work together on this?" She leaned forward slightly and lowered her voice. "I don't think they've seen Blod yet, but we can't just leave her on the buoy; what should we do? Oh, and they've got a metahuman of their own, with some kind of special vision powers."

Blodeuwedd watching everything unfold from her perch above them all. As far as she could tell the Coast Guard were on the level but conditions were far from ideal. And she was more than sure that they could look after themselves if trouble started.

“I don’t expect trouble but I’ll stay with you, but out of sight  just in case.”

Invisible to all she jumped down onto the boat, without even a suspicious ripple, and secured herself ready for the journey to their ship.

“I’ll stay in Comm’s contact in case trouble starts.”

Edited by Tiffany Korta
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

The two boats made their way back to the Coast Guard Cutter, getting onboard wasn't that difficult, although they only had room on the hoist for the coast guard RIB on the crane, the Claremont RIB is taken up on deck with relative ease. The students all disembark on deck, as the Captain comes down from her bridge, a older woman, looks like in her 40's but still in her prime. "So, I take it everyone here was checking out the odd behavior of that buoy, no?" Her Cajun accent seems rounded off with her time in the Coast Guard, not the stereotypical sound one would expect, she sounded a bit more New-England transplant. "I'm Captain Bernadette West. We were picking up on data corruption on that navigation and tsunami warning buoy so we headed out here with a maintenance team. If it weren't for this cursed Fog out here we could pull the cutter to it. But when we were picking up on the anomalies around here too thanks to Radar... well... we couldn't chance a collision."

"I think that buoy is compromised." Radar said. "These kid capes were investigating too... seems whoever is messing with our equipment is harassing them as well. Particularly their HQ."

The Captain quirked her eyebrow, noticing Sakurako. "Wait a minute... Miss Hino? I was in on the recovery effort in Japan in 2011! Nice seein' ya again!"

She looked over to the others... "Let me guess, you kids know Sailor Girl over here from school or something and get together to fight crime an' stuff now?"

Meanwhile, something starts pushing on Samaritan's spatial sense... like the radius of her ability is being slowly reduced... and it's accelerating fast. The fog starts getting thicker as well...

Edited by Osprey

Vonnie whipped his head around, glaring into the fog as if that would help. “Oh, yeah. Endeavour, Miracle Girl and I are practically a super team at this point.” He’d been quiet up to this point, as he’d had nothing to say or do, really. Casey had the sky. Blod was sneakier. Endeavour was taking a turn as leader for once. The only thing he had going for him was his spatial awareness, and the advantage it had over everyone who was half blind because of fog. Vonnie wasn’t the type to speak just to fill silence, after all. “Okay, that’s not right.” It wasn’t the first time ever that his spatial awareness had been compromised in some way, but all the same…he never liked it. So…yeah, he was starting to get nervous. “Something’s very wrong. I can’t sense the buoy out there anymore, and I’m losing sea space by the second. I…something’s blocking me.” Okay, more than a little nervous. His ace was being taken from him, and he didn’t know how or why. “That’s…not something just anyone can do.” It was quite literally like going blind or deaf, only worse. I mean, what can block the mind’s eye?

• 2 weeks later...

Endeavor

Endeavor looked around as everyone else started to feel that creeping suspicion something was up... the fog was getting thicker. "Guys... my radio is like... static. I know for a darned fact that we aren't anywhere away from a navigation beacon enough to not pick up on it. I'm starting to get the inkling that this ship's blind too." Endeavor said, looking to the others in the group. "I think we better keep an eye out, although it is getting awfully, awfully quiet."

"I can feel this ship is moving but I can't hear the engines..."

Endeavor started massaging her arm, it was starting to get scary as the fog thickened further, while she could still see everyone and the ship, that was it.