The Jackal drones finally stopped spawning at their alarming rate. Feeling a great weight getting lifted from him, Hronos tried commanding his body to move. "I... appreciate... your concern... but..." Hronos' head spoke to Maxima, as his body slowly and carefully descended. "... I should inform... you that... I possess... the power... to undo this... damage." The overworked Essense of Time sparked purple once more. "You should not worry... The Essense of Time will project... a temporal field... unlike the one I have... been utilizing thus far." Steam and electricity escaped Hronos' main body, due to the excessive damage he'd suffered, but the necessary functions to use the Essense of Time still worked as intended. "This field... will create a temporal paradox that will... cause time to rewind, allowing our... bodies to revert to a previous and healthy state, while maintaining our memories and... non-harmful thoughts of the past... few Earth minutes."

With his explanation done, the Essense of Time shot waves of temporal energy, engulfing the immediate area in a purple-hued ball. True to his words, the Temporal Field healed Hronos' most serious of injuries, causing his head to vanish from Maxima's arms, and seemingly reconnect back to the rest of his body. The others also felt the effects of the field. "I have been relieved of any immediate danger." He stated, as he checked his rotor functions around his neck.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxima breathed a huge sigh of relief, her head drooping and shoulders sagging as the robot seemingly manipulated the time stream to set right its own injuries.  "For the record, you should probably lead with that next time." chuckled Maxima to the now whole Hronos far too relieved to be upset. That crisis averted, Maxima stood back up to her full height and looked over the computronium that had infested the desert, still sitting there, no longer expanding, but no longer going away.  Putting that on the back burner for now, she turned her attention to Citizen "Do any of the other groups of heroes need our assistance or do they have their respective calamaties under control?"  she said as she walked a few paces closer to Citizen.  "Actually, do we have this situation fully contained?  Is their programming continuing to resist your control?"

"The programming's done," said Citizen with pride in his robotic voice. "I took a part of my central coding, a non-vital part this time, and I permanently reworked the source code of the nanite central directive. It's possible to hack into what I did, but not with baseline Terran technology," he went on, a little judgement creeping into his tone. "As for the world..." The robot looked up. "Asad, I don't actually speak the local language," he confessed, turning his rounded head to look at the Arabian hero. "Can you stay and tell the local authorities what happened? I know there are supers in this part of Terra too. The rest of us had better start making our way back to Freedom City - from all the 'Net chatter, I think they need all hands on deck."