• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endeavor here. Ready for action!

Also is it okay for Endeavor to use her EM wand to make sure that a circuit doesn't complete between the ground and the clouds to cause a lightning strike? After all it is dangerous to be under a tree in a lightning storm. All I'm going to do is change the polarity of the ions in the area, to make a "lightning free zone" for all of us. Would this require a Hero point as well? I just wanna know before I make this post like I am. Otherwise Saku's not going under that tree unless someone pulls her in.

Addendum: Had my question answered, thanks EP! ^_^

Edited by The Osprey
  • 2 weeks later...

What sort of roll would I need to pull what I suggested off? Noting this is being taken from publicly accessible information and no hacking is involved. Pretty much Sakurako is making a "Bot", to scour things like Facebook and Twitter to look for reports of these surges while determining a pattern. Using the map the power company has of reported power issues to cross-reference. (this is actually done here in Minneapolis with our power company).

The intended goal, is to see if there is a center, where the issues are at their greatest (longest power outages), as if there is something intentional or caused by a machine the areas around it would start having severe brown-outs or blackouts, with the effect spreading out in lessening severity throughout the city.

What I'm trying to do? Is form a bulls-eye as to where this could be happening.

Edited by The Osprey

Accessing public information doesn't require a roll. That said, actually programming something to do the work for you would require a Computers roll, but with +10 you can just take 10 and make something that simple. It's putting the clues together that's the hard part and what the Investigate skill is for. You can take 10 here for a 20 result because of your program, but you won't get any more info than my next IC post will give you. Waiting for horn, really. So you'd just learn stuff a bit early. But, if you can hit DC 25, I'll give you a bit more.

tl;re Version. Can do program thing. Investigate DC 20 for info you'll get as soon as horn posts again. DC 25 for more.

Endeavour's eyes only!

There isn't a hub. There simply isn't one place that's more active than the others. The Fens and Lincoln seem to be getting the worst of it, so those are both fine places to start. However, digging a bit deeper reveals the time stamps on the outages. There may not be a hub, but it's not random either. Whatever the problem is seems to be going around the city in lazy, haphazard circles. The next logical stop would be somewhere in the literal middle of Lincoln.

For reference. The Rivals.

Sara Quincy, aka Lovechild. Caucasian. Short black and pink hair. Brown eyes. Fan of leather and belts. Archer. Charismatic and a natural at talking people into things. Can morph general appearance. Most popular sophomore. Used to getting her way. Wants to be a reporter.

Angel Rodriguez, no codename. Hispanic American. Long brown hair. Brown eyes. Big fan of jeans. Super strong, super fast, and invulnerable wings. Responsible and goodnatured. One of Sara's two best friends. Wants to be a police officer.

Madeline Spencer, aka Lodestone. Caucasian. Short blonde hair. Blue eyes. Fan of tight fitting clothing. Magnetic controller who can fly. Egomanical jerk. Wants to be a doctor.

Naomi Ellison, aka Invisigirl. Ambiguously brown. Long brown hair. Bright blue eyes. Fan of loose fitting, non descript clothing. Invisible girl with equally invisible telekinesis. Shy, with a tendency to stutter the first syllables of sentences. Crazy rich. Wants to be a professional artist.

Ming Li, aka Shadow Girl. East Asian, unknown which, but American. Medium black hair with reddish streaks. Fan of baring her midriff. Non powered martial artist with a quarterstaff. Eerily calm at all times. Wants to be a reporter, as well.

Portia Whitfield, aka Techna. Caucasian. Has dwarfism. Lavender dyed hair in twin ponytails. Lavender eyes with use of contacts. Doesn't care about fashion. Genius techie with battlesuit. Is overconfident in her abilities. Wants to be a private detective like her father.

Caitlin Ferguson, aka Omnia. Hispanic American. Medium black hair. Dark brown eyes. Big fan of leather and short skirts. has super strength, toughness, heat vision and the ability to fly, but not bulletproof. Brash hothead who lacks empathy for others. Wants to be a more than internet famous rocker.

Edited by EternalPhoenix