There had been a spate of small power outages over the past several days. A slice of Freedom’s grid would blink off for as much as five seconds before blinking back on. A few blocks of one would go out, then come back. Then an entirely different neighborhood. The Fens. Lantern Hill. Southside. Lincoln. Even Bayview and Port Regal managed to get in on the act once or twice. It was weird, but Freedomites didn’t pay a lot of attention to it. It happened mostly in the dead of night. The power company said it’s nothing. More interesting things happened on a literally daily basis. And so on. Until Claremont Academy’s power “blinked†for the third total time, no one had taken much interest in the happenings at all.

November 21, 2014. Claremont Academy. 11:45 PM

It was a dark and stormy night. No, seriously. There was a pretty good thunderstorm going on in the skies of Freedom. Vonnie would normally be asleep by now. Class in the morning, and all that. But today was sweet, glorious Friday. He and LJ could text each other all night long. Or he could stealth over into the girls’ dorm and spend the night. His roommate slept like the dead, and her roomie slept like a rock. Or was one. LJ couldn’t tell, and Vonnie didn’t care enough to find out for himself. Yep, he was going over there and d#$% the consequences if he got caught. He strapped on his grapples, opened his window, and leapt out into space. A short grapple and climb sequence later, he was at her window. Wet and a bit windblown, but there. A few soft knocks after that, he was in her room and they were both sitting on her bed. Huh. Her roomie both slept like and was kind a rock. That was when the power “blinkedâ€. Somehow just short enough of an outage that the emergency power didn’t trigger and come on. Vonnie sighed. Third time in three days? His “this is a job for Samaritan†sense was tingling. LJ had a similar sense and gave him the “just go already†look. They started having a conversation based entirely on specific looks. <But he didn’t know where to start. Also pressing business here, yes?>

<Vonnie, you know better.>

Vonnie sighed quietly. “It’s not like New York. I was always first there. But there’s so many heroes in town, now I’m lucky if I’m fifth. I don’t know. I just feel kinda…extra, you know? Like I’m not needed, because someone else will always handle it.â€

LJ nodded. “So that’s why you’ve been patrolling less lately.†She grew thoughtful. Then she plucked him in the head.

“Ow. What was that for?â€

“You’re overthinking stuff again. You’re not there for the dozen, hundred, thousand or more that don’t need you. You’re there for the one that does. Don’t give up so easy. It’s not like you.â€

Vonnie stood up. “Alright. But I’m telling you, somebody’s already on this. Probably have it sorted out before I even figure out what’s going on.†On that note, he opened LJ’s window and leaped out. Back in his own room, he grabbed his mask, shirt, and black hooded windbreaker(as his roomie continued sleeping like the dead) and made the most undramatic change from Vonnie Murray into Samaritan. Mask & shirt on. Jacket on, zipped up tight and hood up. This time, though, he’d go out the front door like a normal person. Yes indeed. Being just about the fastest non-speedster on campus did have its perks. He was out of the building before anyone had the chance to realize he was gone. He made it to the Gardens before running into anyone. He thought he recognized some of the group assembled under that big tree, if not all of them. He stripped off the mask, stuffed it into a jacket pocket, and pulled his hood tighter. “Hello?â€

Edited by EternalPhoenix
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakurako cursed her luck as she put on her pink raincape on over her labcoat and school uniform she had from her days in Tokyo. She was still adapting to the western way of doing things in terms of dress-code, and her usual more casual clothing was in the wash. She took the backpack she stored her exploration suit in and put it on before slipping into her rain gear as she went outside. She was heading outside to investigate if the electrical wires were in place. If something seemed out of place, she could report it to the grounds-keeping crew. Usually this would be outside protocol, but an important project was destroyed by this anomaly. Shining the light she could generate from her EM wand, everything looked okay. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Well that was inconvenient.... my Omnifoam project got pushed back to square one with that last outage... and nothing is amiss..." She sighed in frustration. Walking slowly back, she listened to the white noise of the rain hitting the pavement. "I do love the rain though."

Then she noticed the group huddled under the largest tree in the gardens... She started to run over, hovering at the edge of the tree's canope. "Oi! There's a lightning storm goin' on and you people are under a darned lightning rod! Supers or not that hurts!"

Sighing, she decides if people were going to be wreckless... She adjusts a few dials on her EM wand and activates it, setting it against the tree. "At least that will keep any circuit from completing between the ground and the thunderstorm overhead."

She confidently enters under the protection of the tree. "So what brings everyone here?"

She sets her backpack down and starts to rummage.

Edited by The Osprey

Haruko woke up as the power went off, the Japanese girl sitting up as she yawned.  "Nani goto?"

She looked around, trying to figure up what had woken her up.  Maybe it'd been the lightning and thunder.  Or... something.  Yawning, she slipped out of bed, her sleeping gown drawn around her as her feet padded on the floor and she sleepily looked out the window.  Wait.  Shouldn't there be some lights on?

"Ah... another blackout.  That is a few too many."

Haruko looked at her roommate, seeing if she was awake...

The Japanese girl turned to find her roommate's head peeking out from under the covers, a big mischievious grin on her face. "You too, huh? Yeah, something seems off to me, too." In the blink of an eye, the covers billowed up, there was that familiar whoosh, and Casey was wearing a pair of wading boots and a set of rain slicks with the hood up, and cheerfully offering an umbrella and windbreaker to her roomie.

"Need a lift? You can borrow these if you need 'em, though the jacket might be a bit big on you." Since moving in with the big blonde ggirl, Haruko had soon learned of Casey's generousity; what was hers was yours, without a second thought. "Take your time getting dressed; I can wait."

Sakurako manages to change her clothes into her suit and puts her mission vest on while she got herself situated.

"You know... maybe I should just get ready for the SAR calls that'll inevitably come up from this storm. Some fool's gotta boat in this weather." She said, sighing, slipping a little earpiece with something she could use to monitor citizen's band radio transmissions. "At the very least I'd have something to do, my project is a complete loss after that last outage."

Shaking her head she leaned up against the tree everyone was huddled under. "Anyone wanna borrow my rain cape?" She said, showing off her pink raincape was reversible with a black side. "I know pink might not be everyone's thing."

There was one unusual thing about the group. They were all girls. Seven of them, all in raincoats of varying colors. The one Samaritan recognized first was Ming Li. No powers, but an excellent martial artist. They had US History together. She was the one who spoke to him, as well. “Hello, classmate. Don’t mind us. Sara’s just being Sara again.†Yep, right at the head of the group was Sara Quincy. Her pale skin, pink and black colored hair and golden bow were unmistakable. Not exactly the school’s queen bee, but well known and well appreciated regardless. She was speaking with another unmistakable girl, Angel Rodriguez. Just as Hispanic as her name sounded, Angel was quite literally named after her power. She’d had massive white wings from birth. They were super strong and bulletproof, even if the girl herself was not.

Vonnie was somewhat astonished. “What’s going on? I mean, besides Sara being Sara.â€

Ming shrugged. “Something about Young Freedom being inactive long enough. With a new Next Gen, Y F should make a comeback. So…why not us? Honestly…it’s just something to do. School paper doesn’t give me nearly enough work. Training can get boring after a while. And it’d be nice to have some back up out there, you know?â€

While Vonnie considered that, Endevour was increasingly aware that she was being ignored. But before she could take offense, a voice spoke near her. “S-sorry. S-sometimes I catch people in the field.†As the young genius turned and looked, the voice spoke again. “I’m Naomi.†She slowly faded into sight,a mousy brown haired ambiguously light brown girl nobody’d notice if they weren’t looking for her. “H-hello.†A tap at her waist distraced Endeavour from responding immediately.

“Good evening, Miss Hino.†It was Portia Whitfield. Endevour has seen her around the lab. They’d even spoken a few times. She was a regular genius, not a super one. She also had dwarfism, so she was about 3 feet tall. Her battlesuit was pretty good work for a teenager. “I see Naomi got you, too. Did Sara call you out here in this mess, too? Ah, and you needn’t worry about lightning strikes.†She pointed at a blonde with Sara and Angel. “Maddy the Magnet Girl’s got that.†More accurately, her name was Madeline Spencer. She, along with Angel, were Sara’s regular entourage.

She turned to Naomi, offering her rain cape. "Crap, Naomi! You're hard to recognize in the dark. You came out rather quick... no time for a raincoat?" She said, flopping it over her head. Naomi could put it on rather quickly with the way Sakurako did that. "You can keep it till we meet up again. I'm waterproof now." She said patting her suit's leg.

"Sara doesn't have my Twitter account yet, Portia. I just noticed all the students under the natural lightning rod here and came in to make sure there wasn't a medical emergency on top of having to start at square one for the spaceworthy version of my omnifoam project." Sakurako was getting flustered again thinking about the project's failure.

She scratched her head. "See, I've been trying to have some sort of simulant of photosynthesis as part of the design, where when activated in space it would make a bubble of breathable air, at least for ten minutes while you activate some sort of rebreathing device or oxygen creation device. I'm still trying to figure a way the omnifoam could regulate it's own internal pressure when deployed, but that went out the window with the latest power failure."

Sighing she stretched out. "Freedom Cadets, huh?" She eyed Portia as she stretched. "Think the upperclassmen would allow it?"

Edited by The Osprey

Haruko quickly changed into a pair of jeans and t-shirt- a great deal more casually than she'd normally pick her outfits- taking the offered windbreaker.  "Thank you.  Let us go see what this is about, hmm?"

As they walked outside, the Japanese girl looked around.  Seeing the students gathered, she motioned to Casey.  "Over there."

Her hand lit up, bright enough to read by, as she walked over to the gathered students, speaking up.  "Are you all out for the same reason we are?"

Casey cocked her head to one side once she saw the gathering under the tree; she hadn't seen this many girls outside since her last Scout meeting back home. "Huh; 'girls' night out' usually isn't this literal."

As she and her roommate approached, several familiar faces appeared out of the darkness; actually there was one boy, Vonnie. Casey offered a friendly wave. "Hi guys! Great night to get wet, huh?" Spotting a friend from journalism, she made her way to her side. "You smell a story too, Ming?"

Edited by Heritage

"Oh hey Casey!" Sakurako said, helping Naomi out. "I guess the growing masses here under the tree is getting your attention too, huh?" She said, seeing Haruko was there too. "Well... didn't think I'd see her here too." There was a sudden quiet between the two... more hesitance than any actual issue. "So yeah... we're all here. Any ideas? Have these outages been city wide? I know my Mom and Dad told me there was a flicker over at their marina where our Yacht's kept... which in this weather I wouldn't be surprised it'd happen again."

She scratched her head. "So..." She sighed. "Any ideas? I got all night, and my project is a dead goose. I am bored with a capital B."

Naomi bashfully shrugged into the rain cape, but said nothing else. Portia nodded sympathetically at Endeavour’s woes. “I could assist you with that, Miss Hino, if you would like me to do that. I do have a few ideas on the subject from my own armor.†She shrugged at the follow up question. “For my part, I have no idea. However, we are talking about Sara Quincy. Do you remember the rumor that she talked one of the female teachers out of keeping her own sweater? Miss Li, the girl over there with that boy? She investigated and found out it was true. Miss Quincy wears it in the dorm all the time. I’m surprised you haven’t seen it, Miss Hino.†Oh, right. Portia Whitfield was a proper lady. Perhaps a bit too respectful at times. If that was even a thing. Right after she finished speaking, Sara called her name. “Ah, that is my cue. If you will excuse me.†She walked over to Sara, Angel, and Madeline. Naomi remained bashfully silent.

Meanwhile, Ming turned from Vonnie to meet Casey’s arrival. “Hello Casey. I would like to say that you’ve been scooped, but in truth I’m part of this one. Sara said she wanted someone without powers, in case we ran into a power nullifier or drainer. It appears she’s been planning this for some time. She wants to make a new version of Young Freedom. I haven’t the slightest idea if it’ll be allowed, but this is Sara we’re talking about.†She spoke with the precise diction of someone for whom English was not a first language, but her voice was strangely accentless.

Vonnie turned with her, but let her speak first. “Oh, Casey. Haruko, too. Didn’t we meet the other day in the caf? Good to see you again.†Before he could continue speaking, the last unnamed girl shoved her way through to shake Haruko’s non glowing hand fiercely. She was significantly stronger than she looked, even though she was taller than even Casey and with a bit more muscle mass to boot. She almost crushed the smaller girl’s hand and didn’t seem to realize it. Her rain cape was leather. Actual leather.

“Oh my god. I have been looking for you all over this place. Caitlin Ferguson. Not Cat or Lin or Fergie or anything but Caitlin. I’ll have to get punchy and people don’t like me when I’m punchy. Probably because of all the punching. Heard you singing the other day. Thought to myself, Caitlin, you have got to get that girl on a record with you, pronto. But of course, since this is me we’re talking about, I didn’t even think to speak to you that day. But. You’re here now. So consider this me co-opting you into my mad scheme to dominate the music biz.†So many words. Yep, this was Caitlin Ferguson. Singer. Guitarist. World class chatterbox. Could teach a master class in how to be flatly apathetic to other people’s thoughts and feelings. Would sacrifice herself to save someone else in a heartbeat. That was Caitlin.

Endeavor adjusted her suit, as she was apt to do when she was uncomfortable. That was a whole lot of information, perhaps too much from Portia. After helping Naomi's head through Sakurako's raincape, then adjusting the hood, she smiled. "Well... it seems something's up over there with the girls. Want to head over? Not like we got anything better to do... That... and Mom keeps telling me I should socialize more."

"Don't worry though, i got your back if they're the mean type."

Sakurako bravely walks over to the gathering throng of girls, keeping on the edge, but stepping over where there was a obvious gap in the crowd. "So... hello. I don't believe we've met, Sara. At least not yet."

It was all a bit much for Casey to take in; she barely knew some of these girls, and everyone seemed to have a different agenda. Quite the social hub, this tree.

"Look, if people want to relaunch Young Freedom, I'm all for it, but I was kind of hoping someone else was thinking all these power outages were deeply suspicious." She waved a hand to indicate the overall darkness. "I mean, this many in this short of a timeframe? They can't all be storm-related."

Sakurako adjusted her suit.

"You know... people might be giving us a clue as to the source..."

Naomi looked over at Sakurako.

"Think about it, guys." Sakurako said. "You have a bunch of bored people with cell phones, probably whining about how their raid got wiped because the power outage dropped their internet, or people plain wondering about the outage. That and the tin-foil hatters saying it's some sort of government plot, but that is beside the point. People will talk about this. On Twitter... Facebook... and guess what they use."

"Hashtags."

Sakurako smiled. "Also, the power company has on their web page a map showing current power issues and the reports coming in. More than likely there may be one or two brown-out and power surge reports."

"So... what I can do using any location tags while looking for a hashtag relating to these constant brown-outs, and cross-referencing with the power company's data, and paying attention to where possible clusters are could give us a 'point A' to work from. All I need is 5 minutes to code, and someone to hold an umbrella over me and my laptop."

Sara Quincy held up a hand, and both Angel and Madeline shut up. Her voice was…compelling. Melodic. Beautiful. Virtually mesmerizing. And it didn’t hurt that Sara was jaw droppingly attractive. It was a continual wonder that no modeling or talent scouts had scooped her up already. “Nope, don’t think we have. But I know who everyone in this school is, Sakurako Hino. We’re kind of busy right now. The power going out has Angel concerned, and she’s usually right about these things.†A frowning Madeline stepped in and boxed Endeavour out of visual range of Sara. Sara herself did keep half an eye on Endeavour, though, in case she had more to say. There are some people who you can’t rely on first impressions to tell you what they’re really like. Madeline Spencer was not one of those people. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, and just about the biggest ego on the planet, if a certain half Chinese physics professor did not have it herself. She was pretty, she was smart, she had real power, and worst of all, she was well aware of it. Her general disdain for anyone that wasn’t Sara Quincy or Angel Rodriguez was near legendary.

Ming gave Casey a look. “If this was just team organization, we wouldn’t be out in the rain. We’ve had a few discussions about something like this in the dorm. Tonight we’re putting it into action. Sara’s text said Angel didn’t like the power outages. She’s not usually wrong, per se. So here we all are.â€

Endeavour’s suggestion got both Sara and Angel’s attention. The young winged woman mere extended a wing over the genius’s head. It was large enough to serve as an umbrella for all four girls in the area. Endeavour, Naomi, Sara, and Madeline. Sara smiled, and all seemed right with the world. So to speak. “Thanks, Rako. But Linâ€-she flicked her eyes at the still annoyed Madeline-“Says she can feel the electricity shifts. If we get stumped off of that, I’m sure your idea will be perfect to make everything easier.†Sara turned and faced the entire group. Her voice rang out to everyone under the tree. “Okay everybody, here’s the plan.†“We’re gonna do some damage control tonight while Madeline traces down that source of the electric issues. She’s got it narrowed down to either The Fens or Lincoln. We’ll do The Fens first, and sweep through Lincoln on the way back. Portia’s got comms all squared away, and I think the ratio of flyers to non flyers is just right.â€

A person sized mecha stood up behind her, and Portia’s voice came out of its speakers. “Yes, we do. With thanks to Miss Spencer for carrying my armor for me, You, Miss Li, and Miss Ellison can be effectively carried.â€

“You heard the lady. Get out of here. The three of us will catch up.†She hopped on Portia’s mecha’s back and the machine lifted into the air on pink foot repulsers. On the other side of her, Angel flapped her massive wings and took off.

Caitlin let Hanako’s hand go. “Seriously, call me sometime. I will have your voice on my record. You can’t find me, Ming’s my roomie. C’mon, Ming.â€

Ming glanced over at her. “I’m sorry, Casey. It looks like it’s time to go. Sara did intend for it to be just us seven, after all.†She took the arriving Caitlin’s hand and they blasted off into the sky. Perhaps a little too fast, if Ming’s gentle but loud rebuke was any indication.

Naomi stripped of Endeavour’s rain cape, folded it nicely, and set it gently on the ground. Portia put a metal hand on her should. “Are you ready, Miss Ellison?â€

“A-almost.†Naomi bowed a bit to Endeavour. “T-thank you for the cape. I-it was nice not to use my forcefield for a while. Miss Ellison is me.†Said forcefield was on the job, as rain appeared to just be sliding right off of her as if she was slicker than a duck’s feathers. Wait a moment. Naomi Ellison? As in Ellison Hydralics, the biggest supplier and maintainer of pipes, valves, and related equipment in the world? Her family was regularly in the top 25 of the Forbes 500. She was rich! Not just fancy mansions and Swiss vacations rich, but nobody in this family will ever have to work for a living ever again rich. “O-okay, Techna. I’m ready.â€

“Then here we go, Invisigirl.†Portia’s mecha hands gripped Naomi under both arms, and off they went into the sky. Leaving Sara, Angel, and Madeline as the last three. Angel spoke so that the others could hear. “We should let them help. More heroes isn’t a bad thing.â€

Annoyance quickly flashed across Sara’s face. “I have a plan, Angel. I chose who I wanted on my team. We don’t need anyone else.â€

Madeline chimed in. “Yes, we don’t need any newb losers getting in our way. It’s better that they stay here, nice and safe while we get the job done.â€

Sara glanced at her friend. “That isn’t what I said. They don’t have to stay out of it. It’s a free city. They can do as they please, aside from joining up with us.†Angel seemed momentarily uncomfortable with that, but nodded and took Sara’s hand. Madeline gestured, and Sara’s bow started to float instead of hang. Sara addressed the group again. “If you guys want to go to Lincoln and save us some time, I would appreciate it.†She flashed an absolutely dazzling grin. “Thanks.†As if on cue, Angel moved her wings and Madeline floated into the air. A moment later, and all three were off.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Sakurako groaned. "Better to have the loose cannons and hotshots out of here... It'll leave those who are actually thinking instead of rushing off without a clue to take care of things." Sakurako quipped, once the others were out of sight. "Miss impatient should learn to consult her juniors more." She opened her rain cape again, to protect her laptop. She invited who were left under her makeshift tent to point out her discovery. "One thing she didn't ask was the time-stamps of the incidents. Yes the Fens and Lincoln were two possible locations, but without the time-stamps she couldn't get a proper place to start. The time-stamps point to the center of the Lincoln district."

She pointed to the location, memorizing it on sight before closing up and organizing herself. "We should move quick, if there is a superhuman behind this, going in blind might be a mistake the 'A Team' may regret. At least we might get a jump on it. They'll be walking into it blind."

"What means of transport do we have?" She said, putting the last of her things into her backpack. She pulls out and attaches a strap, setting up the pack to be something like a messenger bag to loop over her shoulder, making sure nothing crossed the front or back of the vest of her suit. "I can carry the lightest of us if needed."

Edited by The Osprey

Casey watched the other girls lift off into the storm-swept sky via various means, her arms folded across her chest. Then she turned to the others, put her hands on her hips and adopted an exaggeratedly feminine pose as she mimicked Sara.

""If you guys want to go to Lincoln and save us some time, I'd really appreaciate it."" She turned around, crossed her arms and sent a quick 'up yours' at their departing backs. "God I hate them! Well, not Ming and Naomi, and Angel's actually really cool if you can seperate her from the 'Bitch Twins'."

She pulled back her hood to let the rain wash over her face and hair for a few seconds before running her hands through her hair and rejoining the conversation. "Sorry. Yeah, I can carry whoever, one under each arm." She wiped a bit more water off her face and smiled. "So, any volunteers?"

Edited by Heritage

"My measured speed is 100 mph as the crow flies, is that okay Casey, or should I get a head start?" She said, adjusting her suit. "Might be a good idea for me to scout ahead and see what's to be seen, and wait for you and the gang to get organized and get there. I might be the slow one of the group. Unless our joint speeds is good enough. Speed is of the essence."

She started to walk from the tree, looking over her shoulder after flipping her rain cloak on over her suit. "You know, Casey, how about you take the lead on this mission. I do better assisting, than being in the front. At least at first." She sighed, remembering the times she had to go it alone on rescue missions after the Earthquake and Tsunami of 2011 in Japan.

"Besides, I'm the one with the sailor collared outfit... I'm not the captaining sort." She said with a joking tone.

Edited by The Osprey

Vonnie had been around teenage girls for long enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. Honestly? He really, genuinely, did not care about Sara Quincy’s group. Sara herself was spectacularly hot and Vonnie was a heterosexual teenage boy, so of course she grabbed his attention. That said, now that those seven were gone, he spoke up. “Well, you guys know I swing around pretty fast, but Casey’s probably faster. If we’re in a hurry and she’s strong enough, she should carry us all. But…I’d rather swing, honestly. I mean, it’s not gonna take that long to get to Lincoln, anyway.†His reluctance to be carried had nothing to do with Casey being a girl, and everything to do with him being self-reliant to a fault. Not that he’d admit such a thing so easily. Even to himself.

Casey shrugged. "Fine by me; let me gain some altitude and have a look 'round."

Gently picking up any volunteers, the athletic blonde rose up into the rain-streaked sky and trained her keen eyes towards the river; she squinted a few times as water ran into her eyes then laughed.

"Hmm! Well, seeing as visibility is basically zero, maybe we should fly in for a closer look?"

And with that, she arced up into the air, heading for Lincoln.

Edited by Heritage

Sakurako smiled as she took off. When she was beside Casey, she handed over a pair of what looked like lab goggles. "Here ya go, it'll help keep the rain out of your eyes. You don't got a windscreen like I do." she said, pointing at the bubble-helmet like helmet she had on. She turned on the flashlight she was taking with her, after discovering how short-ranged the light mode on her wand was, it seemed prudent. "I really should install some running lights on my suit. Would help in conditions like this... maybe a mini-floodlamp to boot."

"You know... I could have swore you were talking about getting a costume together. I wouldn't be against offering advice."

Vonnie triggered his grapples and leapt into the air. As he swung, he added. “Don’t look at me for advice. I wear a shirt and a dollar store mask.†His movement style was part parkour, part Spiderman, and it looked like he was having the time of his life. “What do I know about costumes?â€

Lincoln. 20th & J.

The rain had not slackened on their trip. It continued to come steadily, as if from a faucet rather than a cloud. However, the thunder and lightning had intensified to the point where even Miracle Girl didn’t feel safe in the skies. The energy was concentrated in these few blocks, but a quick search from Casey had revealed nothing out of the ordinary in the buildings. Looking up, Samaritan (for Vonnie had donned his mask again) scanned the skies above. “Does it…look like someone’s fighting up there to any of you?†As if in answer to his question, lightning struck a three story building (a pocket sized discount department store) seven times before any of them could react. The following thunder was nearly deafening. “D###. Three guesses where we need to be.†He took off running, faster than any normal human had a right to move.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

"That... is not the weather of the world... Looks like we found our problem, team." Sakurako said, pulling out her EM wand setting it into it's offensive mode. "Whatever we do, we shouldn't opt for a direct confrontat..." Vonnie runs off. "Well, so much for forming a strategy for this." Sakurako said with a sigh, but then grins. "Okay we'd better make sure no one suprises Vonnie. Let's go, Casey!"

Sakurako could think on her feet, she always managed at least to have some preparation for a crisis. But this was a potential classic superhuman brawl. She just hoped what her Mom and Dad taught her in terms of self-defense was a good set of lessons, or she would be in for some hurt. Perhaps even her team as a result not holding up her end of the bargain. She knew she was a ranged expert, so sticking to her marksmanship to cover her teammates once hostilities started seemed to be the best tactic. "I'll hang back and provide cover fire once the fight starts."

Casey nodded as she flew. "Yeah, I definitely need something! Nothing too compplIcated, though; I dont want it to be super-flashy."

When Samaritan suddenly ran ahead, the blonde flier rolled her eyes. "Typical boy; alright, let's give him some back-up." She dropped down to street level, coasting a few feet above the pavement. "Also if we need it, I have a ranged attack...thing." Whatever It was, the subject appeared to be mildly embarrasing to Casey.

Edited by Heritage

"I wouldn't worry about it, Casey... to be honest we don't know anything yet about what's going on and just standing looking impressed at the lightshow is just going to let whoever is up there get away with whatever they're doing... what if a superhero here needs our help, even?" The thought started getting Endeavor reviewing all of her first aid and rescue training. "I hope you know how to deal with a sucking chest wound."

Sakurako kept the high ground, she loved being the aerial support. One, to keep an eye on Vonnie and Casey, and to other to make it easier for her to bring her ranged assets to bear. She was glad the black side of her rain cape was out and not the pink. Perhaps that forethought would help not having her be noticed... then again three teenagers well out past curfew running to danger was one hell of a tip-off. "You guys do this often? This seems way more fun than just search and rescue... or Recovery."