"Of course," Hologram replied, ducking out of the way of actual combat while still keeping her eyes and mind focused on Silver Scream. "But that requires artistry and storytelling, really getting into the head of your audience and understanding what they value, and how to twist that against them. And if there's one thing you've always been particularly terrible at, it's knowing what the audience wants. I mean really, look at you." She gave the apparition her most withering look, though the accompanying mental barrage failed to strike home. "You look like somebody forgot to tell Lady Macbeth when the show was over, and now you're standing on an empty, dark stage, waiting for a curtain call from a theater where nobody's watching. It's grotesque and sad, but not even in that interesting car-accident kind of way." 

~This isn't working~ Paige sent to Richard on a tight mental band. ~I might be distracting her a little, but she's surprisingly tough. We need to take her down somehow before she summons more of these things.~

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daphne was danced around on the creature using her small size to, hopefully, avoid the bigger creatures attempt to stop her. The plan was to hopefully keep it occupied and allow the others to do what they needed to do.

That didn't mean she was spending all her time dodging the beast as she moved around she also made little feints and blows on the creature, packing quite a lot of power into her current tiny form. Hopefully it was enough to take the creature out of the fight, she had probably taken too long to defeat the thing as it was.

The blow caught the creature right in the middle of its spacesuit, and as it did, Miss Grue felt bones crack underneath the protective armor. The suit slowly crumbled as the blow resounded throughout it, the swirling, buzzing shadows fading around it. So, there were none left but the stunned, frozen zombie and Silver Scream, who looked none too pleased with the situation.

"Very well," she said. "They have some staying power, but it's clear they can't carve themselves in with depth. Fleeting nightmares, but ones you wake from, eventually." The landscape rippled around her, the fine marble and burnished steel melting away into a twisted landscape, like an abattoir designed by Dali. "This domain is just the start of something greater. There are nightmares out there, nightmares primal and raw. There's true fear out in the shadows, like the kind no man could ever put on the silver screen." A ball of pure darkness formed behind the phantom, one that seemed to have the depth of an abyss. "This is the start of something beautiful... and terrible."

"All right, honey, you want me to get nasty? I'll get nasty. Why don't you take your bony Bette Davis-looking face back to Hell where you belong instead of dragging out yet another long, boring appearance with a bunch of boring speeches that I stopped listening to like five minutes ago?" Fast-Forward had spoken a little out of turn - but under the circumstances he thought his attitude was entirely justified. "At least the creepy haunted TV stuff was memorable! Now you're just an angry old lady talking about how much you hate the stories kids watch. What's next, Harry Potter as the freakin' Anti-Christ? Mary Poppins as Jesus?" Almost casually, he zipped around and kicked the white zombie directly in the crotch, the blow not just sending a cloud of fractured debris everywhere but also hurling the creature up, through Silver Scream, and into the whirling gateway behind her. "Get some new material!" he said, hands at the side of his mouth as he called, "Boo! Boo! Booooo!" 

• 2 weeks later...

As the ice zombie soared through Silver Scream, whatever composure she had left snapped like a dry twig. "You dare?" she said. "You dare? Like everyone else who thinks they know the structure of the stage? I've seen... such things here. Nightmares and wonders no hack pounding at a typewriter could ever push onto the screen! Such dreams... with such sharp teeth." The sphere behind her began to pulse and quiver, as if feeding on her fury. "When you see me again... you will beg for petty fictions."

She leapt into the black sphere behind her. With her gone, the sphere began to go wild, draining color and substance out of the landscape. The coldly sterile room began to reek to old blood and dead meat. "Everyone, back the way we came!" Temperance said. "I don't know what that is, but I don't want to be here when it goes off!" 

As her foe fell Miss Grue jumped off and grew back to her normal size, she would have grown to giant size and maybe snatch people up but she wasn't sure exactly where the ceiling was. It wouldn’t do to make things even more complicated.

Magic really wasn’t her thing and even she could tell that what Silver Scream had left was probably a really bad thing.

“I think I agree we should leave here as quickly as we can, quicker maybe.”

She wouldn’t take the lead, in fact she wanted to make sure that everyone else got away first.