Liquify

gankun

20 Q's

Liquify met the reporter at an empty coffee shop. After saving the guy's life from some local thugs, he kept requesting that Liquify allow him to get an interview.

Though hesitant, Liquify couldn't see how this could come back to bite him. The reporter genuinely was thankful for the rescue and only wanted to help improve his image before

some other news agency twisted the facts.

Liquify sat at the booth, but didn't order anything. He normally didn't eat food  while transformed. And if he did, it would just slowly break down in his clear body, not a particularly pleasant sight for others. The reporter grabbed a coffee and took out his paper and pen. He started the interview as the waitress prepare the drink. Luckily this place was empty, and the manager was welcoming to heroes so there wouldn't be any distractions to the two.

1. "So where are you from?"

"Well I'm not from around here. I only come to Freedom city two years ago. My hometown wasn't as hero friendly as this place."

2. "How would you physically describe yourself? Is this different from how others would?"

"Well as you can see I'm a blue blob. But in reality, I'm not too far off. Well, I guess I'm shorter. And less muscular. And not blue. Ok I guess I'm not quite anything like my hero form. I'm just a short, lean guy who you wouldn't guess was a hero at first glance."

3. "Do you hero have any distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?"

"Uhh not anything special I guess. My voice does kinda sound weird when I transform I guess. A bit deeper, sounds like I'm kinda underwater. Also to be honest, I don't even know how I make sounds. I don't really have a mouth and vocal cords. I just make sounds?"

4. "What is your motivation?"

"Well to be honest I grew up wanting to be more normal. I actually came here to find a way to get rid of these powers. But when I saw people in trouble I just had to jump in there and help. Now I just want to find a place where I belong and can do good for the world."

5. "What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?"

"Well just like this gel, I can take a lot of beatings, but I will always bounce back and persist. I don't like giving up. My weakness? I don't like to give away things like that. I'll just say that I sometimes think too much and can lack common sense."

6. "What do you love and hate?"

"The thing I love the most is the feeling I get when I made a difference in someone's life by being a hero. So I hate the feeling when I let someone down."

7. "How would you describe your  mental and emotional state?"

"Though I'm no longer a teenager, I'm still quite young and juggling all these things going on in my life. So emotionally I've got quite a bit on my plate, but everyone has these issues, right?"

8. "What does you fear the most?"

"Again with that kind of question. Umm I can't swim well so I fear drowning."

9. "What is your greatest ambition?"

"No laughing, but I'd love to one day have my own comic book line of my adventures like the comics I used to read as a kid."

10. "How does you feel about the state of the world and your place in it?"

"I feel like the world is struggling to find a balance of peace with all the evil and power that exist. I just hope to find a way and help balance it."

"Ok halfway done." The reporter put down his coffee and continued the interview.

11. "Do you have any prejudices? How do you get along with others?"

"I don't like aliens that much. The whole cosmic thing confuses me. I knew none of it growing up, and it kinda defies the physics and chemistry I grew up researching. Not to say that I wouldn't get along with an alien teammate, I just wouldn't not be a fan of all the weird cosmic stuff he'd bring."

12. "Where do your loyalties lie?"

"That's a weird question. I suppose I'm most loyal to the heroes I grew up reading about. I'm loyal to those beliefs and will aim to follow them to the best of my ability."

13. "Do you have a lover or partner?"

"Nope! No girlfriend. I wish though, but being a hero has kinda taken up my time to go on dates."

14. "Do you have a family? What is the relationship there like?"

"Well I was close to my family. But I don't speak with them as much now. Kinda wanted to keep the whole hero thing away from all of them."

15. "How would the people closest to you describe you?"

"I've heard smart, but clueless sometimes. Always seems tired or out of it. But that kinda comes with the hero business."

16. "Are you a role model?"

"I would hope so. I do my best to maintain a good image, look both ways before crossing the street, doing my homework."

17. "How spiritual are you?"

"Not really to be fair. I know the basics, I guess I try not to do bad things, but growing up I was never devout, and neither were my parents."

18. "Are you part of a team, or would you like to be? Why?"

"Not yet. I would love to be part of a team some day. I dunno, be like the team's scientist and create cool things. Antidotes to the poison or a potion to save the day. I probably would need to become a hero on a larger scale first though. I still spend my time fighting low lives, not super villains."

19. "How do you feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?"

"Well as a metahuman I can't complain. Though I sometimes feel edgy about the super villains. With the bad metahuman publicity I grew up with, I get uncomfortable with some of those paragon types that could single handedly level a city. Also aliens, like before, a bit paranoid about them. Earth is probably a spec compared to the cosmic universe so I wonder why they take an interest here. I mean bullets probably don't hurt me anywhere near as much as some laser gun could."

20. "If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring hero, what would it be?"

"Don't be scared to do the right thing. If you believe in that cause, go fight for it. As long as you are happy with the person in the mirror, everything will be fine. It's when you're not happy should you be looking to change yourself."

"Thanks again for this scoop. I'm sure the press will love you. Soon enough you'll be that big time super hero you were talking about. And I'll be the guy who gave him his first interview. Best of luck. Can I get a photo real quick?" The reporter put aside the notepad and pulled out a digital camera.

"Sure, why not. I enjoyed the interview. I think I also learned a little more about myself." Liquify posed next to the man, shaking his hand. He'll probably complain about the sliminess in a second, but I'll be sure to leave before that. Anyways I'm gonna be late for class if I don't hustle.