Dancia didn't need to be told something strange was going on here, her journalist instincts were telling her exactly the same thing. For what seemed like the thousandth time she cursed herself that she wouldn't be able to report what they found here today. She wad also quite aware that heroes she was with didn't need to be told the obvious.

"If needs be I'm sure Velocity and myself could easily avoid them. But I'm pretty sure that would make think even more awkward. Still let's she what we find out first." even if they didn't apparently speak English she still whispered to the others, you could never be to sure in these kind of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Velocity gave a small bow as well when the queen granted them permission to speak with the passengers of the aircraft.  The speedster was not at all sure about what to make of the surveillance camera that had been attached to the aircraft.  As Gabriel mentioned to her and Triakosia discreetly, it should not have been on a passenger plane.

The yellow clad speedster moved along with the other two heroes as they made their way to where the passengers were being kept, still staying at normal speeds for the moment.  "Yeah, I can be gone before they even realize it, but it likely will not help things any."  She said in a low voice.  "Best to just stick together and see what we learn."

• 1 month later...

With the group in agreement, a smiling and humble Gabriel took a very slight lead, with Velocity and Triakosia close behind, as the heroes walked into the room with the hostages.

Somehow, even without using his whispering far-speech, Gabriel exuded a sense of calm and hope to all those close by. Even his companions could sense it, though it was nowhere near as strong to them. It wasn't mind control; it was just...presence.

The man in white and silver took a few moments to survey the collection of human beings before finally he spoke, his voice somehow managing not to be raised while still being heard by all in the room.

"Would it be possible to speak with the flight crew of the airliner, please?"

• 3 months later...

GM

The Valaxan guards acquiesced with Gabriel's request.  Leading the trio into the room with the crash survivors.  They were huddled on the ground looking afraid.  But, aside from the captain no one seemed injured.  Gabriel and Velocity were quick to pick up the body language between the guards and the captain.  Clearly an altercation had occurred at some point.  And the man was punished for his part in it.

Gabriel also noticed that two of the scientist that had accompanied the heroes looked uncomfortable from the point of their return.  Something about them walking back brought on an air of nervousness.  Growing more uncomfortable as the camera was waved about.  

"If you try and take our prisoners.  There will be consequences."  One of the guards sneered towards Gabriel, before they group was left alone together.

With her superhuman speed and her x-ray vision Triakosia scanned the passengers and crew for any obvious signs or serious injury. She would have like to examine each one at a similar speed but that might have upset the twitchy guards around them.

“No one seems to be seriously injured , no broken bone or dangerous blood clots. Though I’d recommend getting them looked at by a doctor as soon as we can.â€

For now the rest was up to the more senior members of their little team, she was confident they knew what they were doing.

Gabriel gave a polite nod of his head to the guard, speaking to her in the native language (thanks to his powers).

"At this time none of them will be leaving. I am merely speaking with them to find the truth."

With that he turned and walked into the room, giving the various passengers comforting smiles and nods. He then looked toward the two scientists and noticed their expressions. His face kept its smile up, but the scientists might notice his eyes growing a bit less friendly as he made a subtle gesture for them to come over and speak with him while he finished making his way to the crew of the plane. He waited until the scientists were with him before speaking softly, his voice only readily heard by the scientists, the pilot, and a couple other crew members.

"Is there something that I and my comrades should be aware of regarding the nature of this device and the intent of the plane's path before it went down?"

He seems perhaps slightly perturbed to be that direct.

Edited by KnightDisciple
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

"The camera.  It's one of our models."  A man offered up.  Looking at the ground nervously before stepping forward.  "I really don't know how it could have gotten on the plane.  Believe me.  But that's one of ours for sure.  Developed for the military, it will see wide release next year for Indian counter terrorist operations"  The scientist admitted.  He was a young man in his early twenties.  Couldn't have been out of school for too many years.  Certainly not someone

The other one who seemed nervous was the female scientist who expressed surprise when the Valaxans arrive on the scene earlier.  She offered no rebuttal of the man's explanation.  But also did nothing to expand upon it.  When it seemed as if she was finally going to speak she was cut off by Dr. Baskhaar.

"Gabriel.  Before pointless accusations are thrown about.  Need I remind you heroes of the Freedom League that it was the Valaxans who chose to attack the plane.  Let alone that the plane's original flight path did not travel over this island.  Inclement weather was to blame.  Whatever the camera was doing on the commercial airline is of no consequence."

Edited by HG Morrison