Karen Tarrant, The Vessel (WIP)

My concept is essentially a normalish but not helpless gallant who holds an evil entity captive and draws on them to do goid in a second form, like the Marvels, Shazam or closer to Hulk, except less angry, more power hungry or not a Good Thing for humanity.

Thing is I am not sure what or who it is. So here are the 20Q and the long questionnaire in the posts following.

Please stand by.

Edited by Karen Tarrant

1. Where is your hero from?

Karen is originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota. She grew up in one around Minnehaha Creek in a fairly nice home with her mother, who owns and runs a restaurant.

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

She describes herself as having long hair, a washed out unnatural appearance and weird eyes. Others would describe her as pale, but striking. She regularly dyes her hair and wears shades as a civilian.

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

She has a somewhat strong Midwestern accent and associated vocal mannerisms. She also tends to play with and stroke her hair while in thought.

4. What is your hero's motivation?

To make something positive of her situation and to protect people from the source of her powers.

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

Karen is very faithful to her principles and to people who show her a compelling reason to. Unfortunately, she can be awkward in social situations and can choose the honorable thing over the smart thing. She can sometimes act without thought aside what she sees first. She is also a patriot, for better or worse.

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

Karen loves to teach, handicrafts and bodybuilding. She also loves roses and ARMA, which she was a member of. She practices the bastardsword (one and a half hand) in ARMA.

She hates willful ignorance and misogyny. She somewhat despises inaction, for better or worse.

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

She prefers to be calm and is a bit stoic-but she is still young and inexperienced. Jumpy at times, but not really a cheerful, happy person. She isn't glum, nor without humor, just dry toned and often wry and serious by turns.

8. What does your hero fear the most?

She fears being proven unworthy, doing the wrong thing. She also fears the source of her power escaping.

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

To do a great service to her country and Gods and to prove herself worthy of the honor.

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

She had a place and it's been shaken up-but she wants to take advantage of it for the sake of helping others. She still isn't sure entirely of her place in the world but Freedom City seems like the best place to make one for herself.

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

She has a distrust of people who protest and have antimonian proclivities. She believes very much in law as an ideal, even if being a vigilante skirts it. It's "different". She tries to be at least polite, even if they don't see eye to eye.

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

Her loyalties still lie with her country, her gods, her principles, her friends and family in that order. It can be somewhat frustrating both for her and others who run into her strict principles.

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

She does not currently have a significant other.

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

She does not nor cares not if she has a father. Her mother is a somewhat difficult relationship as they have very different values. While both believe in being true, her mother believes first in "to thineself be true" and is a modern hippy. Sandy Tarrant did not understand why Karen went military, but she is aware of what happened to her and what Karen intends to do. In spite of their disagreements, Karen and her mother do love one another, Sandy being supportive evrn if she doesn't approve.

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

She was close to her unit and stays in contact but she has since distanced herself, due to worry about endangering their careers.

16. Is your hero a role model?

That is difficult to say-she does try her best at being a good patriot.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a religous tradition?

She was raised Pagan and still keeps that spirituality, preferring either the Greco-Roman pantheon or the Aesir. It is a sincere faith and she views herself as part of a tradition of heroes working for the gods.

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

She is not currently but would love to be, for support and mutual protection.

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

She was priorly one who thought "out of sight/controlled". She no longer holds this view and is rethinking it after her incident. She still thinks oversight is needed, however.

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

"It's okay to rely on others and let yourself come first more often; to be different and to stop and think is good, too. You don't need to be super woman."

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am a warding hand.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I call myself in mask what I am: a Vessel, a container. Let it be others' mistakes to think this as passive. I am currently going as Carrie Valiant as I don't want anyone to know what has become of Karen Tarrant.

What is your full birth name?

Karen Olivia Tarrant.

Where do you live?

I currently am staying in a studio apartment. It has minimal furnishings, a sword hanging on the wall and little to nothing in terms of decorating. I am currently living out of my army bag and purse and could leave it bare as I found it within twenty minutes. It's not a nice studio, but it'll do for now.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I am twenty-one, born in 1993.

Physical Traits

I have tawny-blond hair, pale skin and red eyes. I am an albino. I also have high cheekbones and red tattoo markings on my face. They appeared the first time I used my powers knowingly.

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I am a woman and proud of it.

How would you describe your heritage?

Pure-bred American mongrel.

How tall are you?

I am 5'7".

What is your body type?

Athletic, wiry. I am doing some body-building but it doesn't show yet.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

I have to use sunblock and wear sunglasses during the day. I am very light-sensitive. I am also repelled by mountain ash or rowan as it's called but I am not aware of that fact.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I walk tall and carefully. There is some swagger in my step when I am Vassal, more braggadaccio.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I am extremely fair, with hair that looks tawny blond but is really colorless and red eyes. I understand it is the rarest color for humankind.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I wear my hair in a long braid. Sometimes a french braid. One Halloween, I wore it in twin pigtails with a loop left loose on top.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I consider myself pretty, I guess. I think others would consider me attractive enough if they aren't put off by my tattoos and a lack of normal colors.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

My face is tattooed, but they appeared the first time I consciously used my abilities. I don't know what they mean but I like them.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Not that I'm aware of. I have been told voice resembles the mortitian in Men in Black and my manner when I am angry Agent Smith. The last I just don't see.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I am left-handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

It depends on my mood, but generally, bright red figures into it. Most common are tailored clothing and clothes easy to move in. I never wear heels or miniskirts.

Do you wear makeup?

Lightly. Foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, some blush, lip gloss or lipstick. I don't really see the point in mascara.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I have a somewhat deadpan, lightly nasal voice. It is a little high but sounds deeper than it is due to the lack of tone. That vanishes as Vessel, which is more emotional and playful.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I have a Midwestern accent and a habit of stroking or playing with my braid. I don't know if that annoys people but my blunt nature sure has.

History

Where do you come from?

Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I moved away from home when I was eighteen and again when I got my powers during a training flight.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I am absolutely patriotic and faithful to my country. I could no more betray it than I could betray a confidence. Sometimes unwise things happen but that is the good thing about a liberal democracy: a citizen can vote for someone else who does better. Hopefully, anyway. Voting is voluntary after all.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It is a nice place- It isn't the biggest city, but I still feel very good about my hometown, even if the hometeams aren't good.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Minnehaha Creek was a glorious place to hike, as is the woods and places around the Mississippi. There are a lot of parks and green spaces, many connected. The Holidazzle Parade, sledding and snowboarding are things I always look forward to every winter. Thankfully, downtown has the Skyway which is heated and has some good views of downtown. I used to eat at Pizza Shack when I was a kid but older at Dulano's for a treat.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I was in the minority at school growing up. Almost half were of African ancestry, the other half Latino. I felt self-conscious about it and still do.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I am an athlete, but it is something I wasn't good at at first. I am also just no good at lying. It got me into plenty of trouble as a kid.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

I have no father. I used to wonder about it but I figure he would have shown up by now if he gave a damn about me.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

A boy in my class was sure that boys made the best soldiers and that he would be best because his dad was a soldier himself. I wanted to be better and I worked very hard to be until I could compete-by the time I could, I had forgotten why it was so important and simply kept going.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Where do I begin? The time I jumped off a tall garage? The time I did parkour in front of a cop? The time me and a few friends went swimming in the Mississippi? Or how about helping a prank that involved the 35w onramp? I am lucky to be alive but it was worth it, even the broken arm.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

She attended Northeast High and a college in the south for just short of four years. School was a necessary thing and she was an average student mostly. Her superiors were surprised and disappointed when she suddenly vanished. Only a few know she is alive, even.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I keep my first field day ribbons as a reminder of how far I have come. Everything else is with my mother.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

My powers are borrowed. At first, I really didn't know what to do with them or what they were. Then I met the entity. I saw what he could and did do. It made me sad and regretful. What a waste! I tried to connect with that power, to make it mine. There was no going back after that. I had to do something good, positive with it. I did not think it eould work with me in the navy, though.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I only give people "it's the right thing to do." It's true but I don't want people to know whose soul I hide with my own.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I might get court-marshaled for going AWOL by human authorities but I fear someone letting what's inside of me out.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

As a civilian, basically what you see is what you get.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I fear going to jail or being experimented on. I will do what it takes to keep myself alive and the entity inside me save murder and heinous things. I refuse to go down that road.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

I am AWOL, but no it's npt public.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Sandy Tarrant. Father is unknown.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

My mother raised me with help from my uncle, Aaron. He is a decent man and is not aware of my doings or location since I went AWOL. It is for the best though I regret it.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My mother runs a restaurant of note, my uncle helps run her business doing whatever is needful.

Where are your parents now?

They are still in Minneapolis, running that restaurant.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

They stayed in one area, though my uncle moved around plenty in-town.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

It can be difficult between my mother and I. We are too alike in our stubborness and too different in others but we are family and that trumps the rest.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

My mother and uncle would be proud.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I am an only child.

What was your birth order in the family?

Not applicable.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Not applicable.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Not applicable.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

Not really. I only know my mother and Unk. I think they had some family difficulty, though I don't know why.

Little do I know, it's because of my mother's faith and the mystery of my father. It was too much.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Not really.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

See above.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

None that I am aware of.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I feel I am a little young. Maybe? I don't know.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone who will treat me as their equal.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I have been close to people as comrades and partners. I haven't had a "best friend" but that boy.

Jake Barlow was his name. We were very close for rivals, or was it really friendship? I still feel satisfaction when I think of those days.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I think the previous question answers that.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My mother, my uncle, my commander, a few navy buddies.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

No.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Not really?

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

None yet.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Entrust me with this power.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

See the 20Q.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I trust my mom. She has really been a huge emotional support.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I hate a cheater, a thief and abusers. They are worthless parasites who only think they are brave and have all the justifications in the world for it, but I don't buy it.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

I admire honesty, honor, faith and dedication. I can only hope to guide myself by those values and live diligently by them.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

I hate it when people are petty. I know I am sometimes but it's disturbing how often gender, body type and sexuality enter the picture. It really bothers me.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I do. Nobody knows it yet that I am aware of.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I think if communication happens, I could do a team or group but I am certainly not a leader. I am not very good with plans.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

No.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I am in hiding, so no. On full moons and holidays, I try to observe my faith. I pray plenty.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

I really admire Amelia Earhart and Boadicea. Hopefully, I don't meet their fates.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I haven't been one long enough to say-but if I save even one life, it will be worth it.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I don't know. Does doing the right thing even have a side?

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I want to have saved five people and to have earned the trust of another like me.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I want to have mastery and knowledge of myself, my powers and have contact with my Unk.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

I am afraid I will lose myself. It's why I pray and observe my faith so much. I know that much is me.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

To seal away this foresaken being for good. I don't think that would work, though.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

It is a means to an end and neither bragworthy nor inherently evil either. I share what I can, when I can.

How do you generally treat others?

I try to be polite and courteous. I do have a shorter fuse than I would like.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I am half-trusting. I don't think it has yet.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I am an introvert with a touch of self-conscience about my appearance but I am proud of and happy with what I am capable of doing.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I am fairly oblivious. I haven't figured out why. I like men, but... I just don't or can't see myself with one.

What are your most annoying habits?

I'm not big on thinking things through. I have gotten into trouble with that.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

See above.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I like pizza, even though it's terrible for me. I usually wolf down what I'm eating but I do use my manners. Occasionally.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Strawberry or peach anything.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

I have an appreciation for rhubarb pie with ice cream.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I don't eat raw onion. Or most things with cooked onion. More bizarrely, I don't like chocolate unless it's mixed with spices.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I really like red, but not as an eye color on me. I don't like pink.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I like almost all kinds. Modern Country music just irritates me.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Rose and the scent of a storm.

Do you have a favorite animal?

I like cats, their history is fascinating.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

My field day ribbons. They remind me of how far I've come.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I consider myself an acetic of kinds. I wouldn't mourn if I lost my makeup tomorrow.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Something I know would senselessly harm an innocent. There is a reason I was on supplies beyond the stupid ban on women in combat positions.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

I am a neopagan, a very sincere and quietly devout one. I observe the full moons (esbats) and holidays (esbats), with a group when I can and before my little altar when I can't. I feel a great connection to the natural world-our national parks, state parks and the like need their continued protection and I will fight for that along with people. It's our home, without it we die or sicken. You won't find me preaching about my religion to anyone, it's not right for everyone.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My mother was and is a practicing Wiccan witch when I grew up. We sang rhymes together and attended coven gatherings. I still loved it as a teenager and the coven helped me do my year and a day. I have felt joy and pride on few occasions and initiation into the Wiccan faith was a great moment to me. It is where me and my mother are of one heart: joyous worship of the divine and it's beautiful.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

See above.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I don't know. I know how but I don't think I could go through with it.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

Not applicable.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

No. There are always options.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I. I don't know. I don't think I would react well, especially if it were a friend.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I would get angry and look for the thief. I would probably work out that aggression as well. On them, probably. Is it moral? Eh.

How would you react to public humiliation?

I would want to hide forever. Or beat up my tormentor(s).

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I would want to catch the killer myself, but I wouldn't be angry if it was an accident. Just. Sad. It has not yet happened, thank goodness.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Murder. Coercion. Those are a special kind of evil.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I would tell my unk everything. Then I would make a report to my commander. I would share a joke with my mom, then go eat the most delicious, awful for me lobster ramen. Then I would meet the end of my life singing peace and love to all in the names of the divine, even and especially those I view as unforgivable.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I got no special training for my powers but I am a trained navy pilot and I used to play at swordfighting with ARMA. I prefer the bastard sword. One is even on my wall and knife-sharp.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

None but the entity.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I know how to swordfight and use medieval armor due to ARMA.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I once planned on being a pilot. I am not sure what I want to do now. I am working whatever gets me money right now.

What is your preferred combat style?

No-holds barred.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

None that meant anything to anyone but my mother. A spelling bee, field day, My high school diploma. My second lieutenant and my ensign uniforms.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I wish I were less awkward. And that I could cook as well as my mom.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I am eager to learn. And compete.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

I wake up, I shower and get ready. I have a cup of black tea from a coffeehouse, then I take my place in some workcrew or another. I get paid. I shower and change. I go on patrol. I sleep for a few hours. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I was in the school play and messing around with the prop sword in middle school. The one who made it lectured me and told me about ARMA. I was in love at first swipe. It was also where I found my love of sewing as I made my costume. It looked very nice and so did I.

What do you do for fun?

Sew. Practice fencing. Listen to music. Tea. Ask any tea enthusiasts.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

I wear a lot of purple and blue.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Practically but I like tailored best, I make my own clothes when I can.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Tanktop, boy shorts, socks. Socks are negligible.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Sometimes I wear little red-dyed carved roses. My unk made them for my mother and I borrowed them. Whoops.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

My army duffle. It's very durable and portable.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

On foot, bike, bus or plane. Cars are utterly ridiculous.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I have not, yet.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I don't think there are.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Trying my best to be decent.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Only if I released what"s inside me and I don't know how. I wouldn't do that, anyway.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My steadfast nature.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My lack of forethought.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

"Take it easy. You'll do just fine. Just take your time and things will be alright if you trust yourself and others."

I have picked Furfur/Furtur (picking the latter apelling to sound less goofy.)

I spent the morning going over feats, powers, skills and I think I have everything down I want for her on paper, the only issue is that the powers I found for shapeshifting don't seem to be quite what I am looking for. Alternate Form is basically Jack-Jack, Mimic is too far ranging, Transform is to wide on targets and none seem to quite cover the Hulk/90's Spiderman cartoon Black Cat/Ms./Cap. Marvel.this is a little surprising. Help?

What exactly do you want the character to do? You're never going to be able to cover the grab-bag of poses that Silver Age Supes had (super-friction! Super-baket weaving!) but that's where stunts come in. Give the PC two or three ranks in Luck and stunt what you need.

Player Name: Anthy

Character Name: Karen Tarrant

Power Level: 10

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent Power Points: 0

Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief: A would-be Navy Pilot who is bonded to the goetic demon, Furfur/Furtur.

Alternate Identity: Carrie Valiant (alias) or The Vessel.

Identity: Secret

Birthplace: Minneapolis, MN

Affiliations: Formerly US Navy/

Family: Sandy Tarrant, Mother; Aaron Tarrant, maternal uncle.

Description:

Apparent Age: Same

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 157

Eyes: Red

Hair: Black (dyed from Blond)

Karen is an athletic and wiry woman with very pale skin, red eyes, blond hair that is likely to be dyed black, long-fingered hands. She is usually dressed in clothes that have either been altered to fit better or clothes she has made herself. If between apartments, she's got a sea bag on her back. Her hair is very long, usually tied in a braid. She is almost always in sunglasses during the day and in clothes that cover much of her skin. Her facial features are broad, though her nose seems thinner. She usually looks serious and the few times she smiles, it's awkward and furtive. 

Power Descriptions:

Karen has the ability to shift from her own natural form to either a winged hart or an angelic, androgynous being with a hart's antlers. In either of these forms, she has the ability to inspire love between people, the ability to create storms, command tempests, lightning and blasts. Unfortunately, she is compelled to lie unless in a magic triangle or circle, where she must tell the truth.

History:

Karen was born to a mother with no identified father in Minneapolis and grew up in a fairly ordinary environment, with the assistance of her "Unk", Aaron. The pair ran a restaurant of note and took turns helping raise and school her. Her mother was a neo-pagan and Karen followed in that faith. She was very competitive in terms of athletics, playing in any sport girls were allowed in. In high school, she joined the ROTC as a non-com up until she got into college, where she joined an ROTC affiliated with the Navy. She was an average student who was fascinated by aviation and was thrilled to get trained as a pilot.

She did well in simulation flights and finally did a live flight test. It was then that she had an odd experience. To her copilot, it seemed like she was unconscious for less than a minute, due to unexpected turbulence. To her, she saw an entity defeating another-and then sealing the defeated entity into her, explaining that the demon was evil and needed to be sealed away as to not harm humanity. She was not aware of the nature of that spirit, only that she promised not to release the demon and to guard herself until a better method was found to hold him. She continued training another six weeks until she made an unexpected contact with the powers of the demon during a meditation. She packed and left her college, with fake paperwork from a local friend of a friend and found a big city to get lost in-that being Freedom City.

Personality & Motivation:

Karen might have made a promise-but she is in heart and soul a modern knight-she cannot stand to see the innocent suffer, particularly women and the young.

Powers & Tactics:

Karen fights very up-close and personal as the Vessel. Though she has the means to fight from a distance, she prefers to use her sword, her fists and/or go from cover if she absolutely has to. 

Complications:

Compulsion: As an alternate form, Karen is compelled to be dishonest or to lie unless in a magic triangle or circle.

Secret: Has a fake ID and her identity is not connected with The Vessel.

Wanted: Karen is currently AWOL from the Navy ROTC.

Weakness: Karen gets no bonuses against true faith and can be repelled by it.

Abilities: 15PP

Strength: 10 (+5)

Dexterity: 10 (+4)

Constitution: 10 (+5)

Intelligence: 10 (+0)

Wisdom: 10 (+2)

Charisma: 10 (+0)

Combat: 30 pp

Initiative: +

Attack: + Melee, + Ranged

Grapple: +

Defense: +, + Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2

Saving Throws: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

Toughness:

Fortitude: 

Reflex: +0 (+0 Dex, +0)

Will: +0 (+0 Wis, +0)

Skills: 0R = 0PP

Drive 

Intimidate 

Knowledge (Navy/Military) 

Language 2 (Spanish, Russian) (Base: English)

Notice

Pilot

Slight of Hand

Search

Survival

Swim 

Feats: 11PP

Ambidextrous

Critical Strike

Grappling Finesse

Move By Action

Redirect

Takedown Attack

Startle

Evasion 2 

Improved Crit: Sword

Powers:  pp

(Drawback: Weak against any and all holy and blessed item)

Morph 2 (Limited: between default, winged hart or 'angelic' forms, self only)

Immunity 3 (Aging, disease, poison)

Morph Array:

Blast 10 (Lightning blast)

Energy Sword 10

Flight 2 (Wings of lightning)

Weather Control 10 (Wind, rain)

Edited by Karen Tarrant

Right, focusing on crunchy stuffs.

Strength: 10 (+5)
Dexterity: 10 (+5)
Constitution: 10 (+3)
Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 10 (+2)
Charisma: 10 (+0)

So, the actual scores for those should either be higher or, if all the +'s are due to Enhanced Ability, you should note it thusly:

10/20 (+5) (for Strength, for instance).

Our notation basically has it that the 1st number for a stat is the least-modified version of that number.

Initiative: +17
Attack: +8 Melee, +6 Ranged
Grapple: +17
Defense: +13, +4 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -2

Where is all that Initiative coming from? 5 would be from your Dex, but I don't see Improved Initiative anywhere.

Also, if you have +6 Bas Attack (meaning +6 to both Ranged and Melee), that's 12pp right there. A +13 Defense (which...seems to be all Base Defense?) would be 26PP. That's 38PP right there.

It looks like you're still figuring out totals for Saves and Skills.

Keep in mind that Toughness cannot be directly purchased. You have to use Con Bonus, Powers (such as Protection), Equipment/Devices (which basically house Powers), and/or Defensive Roll to boost that save.

Feats look...okay, though I'm having trouble picking up a theme. Also, we like people to keep them alphabetic.

Powers looks like a work in progress.

Keep in mind, though, that Emotion Control 3 is a DC13 Save power, while Blast 4 is very under-powered for this PL.