The Legend Lives

Sszinid

A solo thread for Gideon/Mindsteel that will start a story arc for him and introduce several members of his Rogues Gallery as well as his family, his struggling business, and the origin of his contacts. I've been saving up posts while I've been without reliable internet, so it'll start with a bit of a flood.

Edited by Sszinid

Gideon's "Why Yes, I Did Just Combust" complication is used here merely for dramatic effect, and to introduce the concept. No hero point is awarded. His fatigue from using Postcognition will continue to the next day, as he has not had nearly enough rest to get rid of it.

Apologies to World of Darkness: Urban Legends for stealing their shtick. I plan to run with it for a while. I can't seem to register at Invisible Castle; the confirmation email never arrives. So I'm using Rollz instead.

Wow. Natural 20 on Gather Information to locate a drug dealer on the Boardwalk.

Followed by a non-natural 20 for Intimidate. Usually not Gideon's thing, but it worked out this time.

Edited by Sszinid
  • 4 weeks later...

Things get incredibly messy as Gideon enters mass combat. Using Area Attack from Super Speed he hits three of his first five opponents, one of whom is bruised and one of whom is staggered and stunned. All of them miss him. He is then surrounded by nine opponents, attacking each. He hits seven of them, downing two, staggering four, stunning 1, and bruising two. Two rush to fill the gaps, resulting in four attacks on Gideon, two of which hit. Gideon is initially staggered, but uses a hero point reroll and is only injured by one while saving against the other.

Next round, Gideon hits five (two bruised, one stunned, one staggered, one downed) and sustains five attacks, but manages to save against them. The following round he hits seven (one bruised, three stunned, three downed), but is stunned and disabled by a return attack. Plot takes over from there. Since I don't want to link these individually, here's the room log; applicable rolls are from the third entry.