Argonaut

• 6 months later...

HellQ

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Mother, Officer, Omegadrone.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

None

What is your full birth name?

Yvejskrujanharbh'aar

Where do you live?

Ashton, suburgatory is truly a frightening thing.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 

Forty Five solar cycles.  The year is a bit of a hefty question.  I don't think the calendar system I used matches up with yours.  And can't say for sure if there was a time dilation between the Cosmic Coil and here.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female

How would you describe your heritage?

I was once a Lor, but am now a monster.

How tall are you?

5’2â€

What is your body type?

Muscular, scared.  Very, very scarred.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

My therapist claims I have PTSD.  It's a quaint diagnosis.  I've just seen the worst things imaginable.  I prefer enlightened.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 

Graceful?  Ha.  I walk with confidence.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 

Brown skin. Dark brown eyes.  And darker brown hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I prefer it cut short.  Sometimes a more motherly look.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

No.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

If you can find an inch of my flesh that is soft to the touch you've won an award.  And that's after reconstructive surgery.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

No

Do you have a dominant hand?

Right

What kind of clothing do you wear?

I wear conservative clothing.  The less skin shown the better.  You won't catch me dead in heels either.

Do you wear makeup?

On special occasions

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I aim or an authoritative tone.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 

I can make a macabre joke or two while on the job.  Apparently not everyone appreciates being told we might be flayed alive and hung like cattle by the latest madman of the week.

History

Where do you come from?

Lor-Zul.  A dead planet from another dimension.  In which the Lor had expanded far beyond the reaches of these stars.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Yes, I moved to Freedom City recently.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I work for my government.  I don't know about patriotism.  But they have my loyalty, they saved me from what I was.  They saved the woman behind the monster.

How do you feel about the place you come from? 

It's odd.  The memories are faint.  But my emotional connection still resides.  I have a detached somberness about it.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

I was raised in the capital.  Comparatively it was a technological marvel to here.  But, there was also a distinct lack of excitement.  Everyone went through the motions.  Dreamers were a rare few.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 

Indeed.  I was just another ace in the crowd.  Maybe a little more motivated.  Had my higher education fully complete at fifteen solar cycles.  And then things took a turn.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 

Surviving.  I'm still alive.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

No.  My life was sunshines and rainbows.  Satisfied?  Can we drop the past questions now

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Life was peaceful, harmonious even. But then everything changed when the Termminus attacked.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I participated in speedster races.  Never quite learned to pilot them properly.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Lor-Zul military academy.  As soon as my brain had developed enough for psionic instruction I participated.  It was neither enjoyable nor unenjoyable.  It was merely about efficiency.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

None, they were destroyed with the rest of my planet

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

AEGIS hired me to be a field test dummy.  And then I realized I could do some legitimate good.  Not to sound defeatist, but very little we do changes the looming fact that one day this world will eventually fall.  So might as well make it the best planet I can while I can.  And go down swinging while at it.  I  owe it to all the lives I've taken to make something out of my life.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I tell them it's just part of the job.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I don't know.  I am not quite sure who I am sometimes.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 

I wouldn’t go far at all.  My sins, my burdens, all of it.  The truth coming out would just be another addition.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Does mass murderer  and dimensional invader count?

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 

Would you believe that I honestly don't remember anymore?  My mother smelled similar to Earth's lilacs.  Father like oil.  Smells I hold on to.  But their names were long lost to me.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Mother was politician.  Father, I believe he worked with spaceships.

Where are your parents now?

Long dead

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

They stayed in Lor-Zul

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I want to believe we got along well.  It's hard to remember.  But, I would like to think there was love or at least some amicable relationship.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 

They would be distraught of what I became.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

No

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

No

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

No

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

No

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

No

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Yes.  Carlos my husband is a real sweetheart.  Too sweet for his own good really.  I don't think he could take a life if his depended on it.  I love that about him.  Luz our eldest is a spitfire.  She's rebellious, contentious, headstrong, and has a mean left hook that I taught her.  Anna is the snarky one, a bit self deprecating.  So she's a girl after my own heart.  Can turn into a monster if properly agitated.  Like I said a girl after my own heart.  And Sophia the youngest one is a wide eye idealist.  She has superhuman levels of dexterity.  Could shoot the nuts off a squirrel from three miles away with one eye closed...if the recoil wasn't too much and she wasn't such a sweet girl.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Carlos.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I have some coworkers that I get along with.  But, I don't have any have a drink and chat friends.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

No.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My family, Doctor Volk, some of my fellow agents

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

You could say I've lost a some.  I survived.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

I assume there are proles who hold every Omegadrone who conquered the world's of their ancestor's with some level of ire.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Murdered everyone I know and love, Destroyed my planet, forced me to kill to survive, untolds amount of torture and body modification, brainwashed me, experimented on me further, those are all fine.  But then they turned it around and made me responsible for such acts being committed on others.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

My Family, AEGIS, and then the wine place on 4th street.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Doctor Volk, I believe shes willing to kill me if necessary.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Omega and  Physician Friendly.  If at this point you have to ask why, you haven't been paying attention

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Those who don't spend too much time brooding over what can't be helped.  We only get one life.  Might as well make use of it.  I would like to think so.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Those that show no value to life.  Slavers, serial killers, etc.  Maybe, on some level I do.  And that's why I hate them so.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 

Yes, as Yves Zermeño.  My husband, and some members of AEGIS know.  Fewer still know about my history as an Omegadrone.  Omegadrones should not be thought of as friends or loved ones.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I prefer to follow in a team.  Unless the plan bores me.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

No

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

Does the PTA count?  Not, that I attend.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

I don't have any.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No. 

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I don't consider myself a hero.  My hands are too stained to ever really be a hero.  But I can still do some good.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

No

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I would like to spend a more active part in my kid's life.  I've been busy as of late with work.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I don't think that far ahead.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Seeing this world ripped from under me by the forces of the Terminus.  Never again. 

Is there anything you would give your life for? 

My family, the world

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

It's a means to an end.  The planet doesn't even have a universal currency.  How inefficient is that?

How do you generally treat others?

I shall quote the words from my superior officer.  Smile, be polite, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Partially trusting.  In my job every asset is a potential enemy one day.  My trust has yet to be abused.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Both extroverted, and confident.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 

I don't care unless my job is to act differently.  I am married.

What are your most annoying habits?

I can be a jerk.  Lashing out comes easy.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Slavers and murderers, they represent a dark time or me.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Spicy foods are interesting.  I take my time

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Wine.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Sorbet

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Salmon patties.  Really any fish patties.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Blue and gold are my favorites.  I loathe red.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Classic Rock is wonderful.  Particularly soft rock too.  I loathe country music.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Oil and lilac

Do you have a favorite animal?

No

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

My wedding ring.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Both.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Depends on who asked

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Not  really.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Experiencing the closest thing as to what you describe as Hell.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 

No

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I have several times and several people.  If I need to I could probably do so again.  I would rather not.  But if the need arises...

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

A fresh shot at life.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

In the thick of it.  Sometimes you have no other options.  Some beings in this universe are too dangerous to be left alive.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 

I have seen strangers die.  I will continue to see strangers die when I sleep.  My loved ones would be a different story.  But for the average situation, it would not mentally debilitate me or the like.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I would recover the object and break some limbs while I was at it.

How would you react to public humiliation?

So what?

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Take a drink., stare angrily in a mirror, and hunt the murderer down.  When I caught them there are few guarantees.  FFor now, I believe I would turn them over to AEGIS

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Human/Extraterrestrial Trafficking.  It dehumanizes the victim for lack of a better word

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Spend it with my family.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I am getting field trained by AEGIS.  It hasn't fully taken.  I was trained beforehand in the mixed murder arts on Nihilor.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Ironically enough there was a fellow drone.  Back when we were still proles.  He was a mentor of sorts.  And the last person I killed before the Indoctrination began.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

No

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I work for AEGIS

What is your preferred combat style?

Quick and to the point.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

No.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I would like to socialize better.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I am a bit jealous.  But not so much to do more than just send the occasionally veiled barbed comment their way.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Morning, Afternoon, and Night are all dedicated to the three kids.  Be it cooking, cleaning, or just being an extra ear for them.  Our house is run like a well oiled machine.  Which is good as nowadays I get called away more often than not.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

What do you do for fun?

Bars, watching soap operas, mixed martial arts viewing, playing darts.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

A blue omegadrone armor.  It looks like death.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

As answered earlier in conservative clothing.  Sleeves are my friend.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Nothing.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

My princess cut pink wedding ring.  Yes, pink.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

There is only the wedding ring.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Taxi, if not flying myself or taking an AEGIS transport 

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 

The kids get everything.  Even the armor.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Implants.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

I wouldn't like to be remembered.  I should be a footnote.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Possibly.  I cannot fully trust the AI on my suit.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My will to survive

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My insecurities over my past

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

An emotional wall, sturdy though it may be, won't do you much good if it keeps taking a beating.  It needs support.  As do you.  Let more people in.

Edited by HG Morrison