Nightmare at 200,000 feet (OOC)

Supercape

I was thinking to ride the plane down to a safe altitude where the life-support bubble isn't needed anymore, then have Kristin duck back outside. She can fly and use telekinesis at the same time if she stunts something so she could set it down safely like that.

In the meantime can she use TK to stabilize the spin and make the ride a little less unpleasant?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, RL's been kinda crazy (er, crazier than usual). Dok's plan is to work on whatever needs immediate work now.

Realistically this would require a jury-rig repair.

The DC base I would say is 25 (Cutting edge equipment), -5 for Jury Rigging, and +5 for being in a spinning plane tumbling to earth! (so DC 25).

Regarding enhanced INT - I am inclined to say as you injected the nanites into Gremlin, you may be bereft of this power (which would certainly be worth an HP as a power loss), but as you understand Dok best, I leave that to your judgement about how that would "work".

Even without his Enhanced INT, Dok's got +21 on Craft skills, and Skill Mastery, so without rolling he can hit 31. Yay!

Okay, so after a quick chat with Supercape in chat we worked out some things.

Firstly, we don't need the life support bubble anymore, everybody can breathe at the altitude we're at. Hooray!

Second, Kristin can carry the SX-1 without extra effort but she does need extra effort to slow it down to a reasonable speed.

Third, if she's going to carry it she also needs flight. Seeing as she's standing on (or in) the thing she's carrying it would probably make sense to stunt flight with the platform flaw off her force field. The rank probably isn't all that relevant unless she's going to be carrying the SX-1 a large distance but I'd probably be going with 3 or 4?

That's one extra effort and one stunt so she'll need to spend a couple of HP to ward off the fatigue that comes along with them. Does that all sound right? I'll make an IC post with it if it does.

Alright, Scuffles wrote it took Glow 30 seconds to get the plane leveled. That's six rounds. Let's see what Dok was up to in that time.

Round 1: Jury Rig repair Screwdriver

Round 2: Jury Rig repair Belt

Round 3: Jury Rig repair aircraft's communications system, so the pilot can radio for ahead

Round 4: Jury Rig repair aircraft's GPS beacon, so help can more easily find us once we land.

Round 5: Extra Effort to stunt, off of the Force Field in Dok's Belt, a Force Field around the aircraft, to protect us in case something else bad happens.

Round 6: Extra Effort to stunt, off of the antigrav Flight in Dok's Belt, some sort of effect that will help Glow carry us. Some sort of antigrav field around the plane to make it weigh less, and thus easier for her to carry. Flight? Super-Strength?