The Stars Say That... [IC]

Airon

Wisp met William's eyes, "Don't worry. We'll get her back." She watched him leave before turning back to the overeager heckler. Moving in a dead sprint she jumped and flipped over and around the fallen tables and chairs, blue and black energy beginning to crackle around her fists. Turning in mid-jump she threw her right arm out, the crackling energy rushing towards Zodiacus.

Unfortunately he saw it coming and ducked just enough that the shot soared past him and left a sizable dent in the stage's backdrop. Frak, she grumbled mentally.

Synth kep her eyes fixed firmly on the target: Zodiacus.

She was completely unaware of who this man was, but he seemed to be able to conduct his audience like a orchestra. And she didn't seem to be able to get a grip on him.

She wondered just how much force she should use to stop him. She was not a violent creature, but this man was dangerous.

"Stop it!" she shouted at him, without any real hope he would comply.

She still felt the cold embrace of sweat and the pump of adrenaline. He had even effected her.

She vaulted over a table and with a few more might strides, quick as a snake, she was beside him, her arms coming it at all angles.

Got you she said to herself, confident he would not evade her this time. And whilst she struck him solidly, he seemed to turn into the attack, and somehow wriggle out of it...

Glowstar made a face when the robed villain punched a hole straight through his energy dome. "I tell you, magic really gets under my collar," he muttered aloud. "At least if you're going to punch like that, have some big, obvious, bulging muscles, or something! See, I'm flying up here, and glowing all kinds of ominous colors," he added, "so you kind of expect it when I do something like this!" He concentrated and drew his power out, pooling it in his hands. He kept drawing it out, more and more, until it shone and illuminated the theater and the stage with lurid light. With a karate shout he directed it down and towards the stage, where it slammed into the villain, hammering him with a volley of concussive blasts. "Sort of like -- aw, hell! No fair!" As the smoke cleared he could see the villain standing there, seemingly untouched by the barrage. "Are you sure you're reading from the same script," he called down.

“Nuisances! That’s what you all are! Nothing more than flies waiting to splat against the Train of Fate!†The man called Zodiacus stepped outside the broken energy construct that had held him a few seconds before “You!†he pointed at Wisp “You are impulsive and brash, like the dumb animal whose symbol you were born under! No finesse, no reason – just instinct! I’ll gladly break your horns, you foolish Aries.â€

“And you, my dear Aquarius!†his tone shifted from reprimanding to condescending while looking at Glowstar “idealist and free-spirited - you shine in the sky, trying to help your mates, yet you struggle to grasp the basic down-to-earth notions – such as to bow before the instrument of Fate!â€

“But you†he turned towards Synth, hid head tilted to the side like a confused beagle “you… I can’t see your place in the starry Houses!†anger and confusion seemed to grow in his eyes, gradually replacing the fanatic zeal. “It is impossible! Who are you? What are you?â€

Mad with frustration in front of the synthetic being, Zodiacus closed his fist, and immediately the eerie aura around him changed from the Ram’s horned head to a huge Scorpion’s tail – which slashed impossibly fast towards Synth.

Wisp ground her teeth as she landed and rolled forward and springing upwards into another bounding action. She performed a quick one-handed handspring off a table while with her left hand she unleashed another quick stream of light blue and black energy towards Zodiacus.

She nearly let out a whoop when the blast soared through the air and connected solidly with the astrologist villain's shoulder, spinning him quickly before he righted himself. "I live by a simple philosophy, 'when at first you don't succeed, use twice as much firepower as last time'.

Synth felt the Scorpion's tale whip towards her. Fast as she was - and she was fast - she was not fast enough. The strange manifestation struck her square in the centre of the chest.

"That was...fast..." she commented, dropping to one knee briefly. Blindingly fast - she could barely see the blur as it struck her.

She rose to counter, feeling her muscles ache and seize up. Her nervous system, so fast normally, seemed sluggish and unresponsive.

What did it do to me? she asked herself, tensing her muscles with effort. Some kind of biological or chemical attack? arrgh!!! so slow!!!

She threw her arms at Zodiacus, in a vain attempt to strike him, but it was to no avail, her limbs moved slowly, far too slowly...

Glowstar watched the fight unfold from his elevated position. Wisp was making good use of her mobility and managed to get in the villain's blind spot, giving him a good, solid hit. The other heroine took a nasty hit from a stat... scorpion... tail thing, and it apparently put her off her game enough that she missed the bad guy badly. "Somehow this doesn't seem very sporting," Glowstar said, channeling more energy. "You're spreading out your attacks like this and all we have to do is keep pounding on you, like this." He let loose with another barrage of ruby light, bombarding the stage and the villain. "At this rate, it's going to get pretty boring, pretty fast. Why don't you just lay down and accept the inevitable?"

Zodiacus stumbled back as Glowstar’s energy crashed into his chest, forcing the air out of his lungs. He coughed, and grabbed the stage curtain to stay on his feet and not fall down.

Somehow, though, he found the energy to talk in that unsettling, insinuating voice of his “Oh, preoccupied about this getting boring, you cocky youngster? You don’t need an expert fortune teller to know this, but nonetheless – BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!†his crazy eyes rolled in the orbits as he pulled down the stage curtain he was holding.

Most of William’s stage apparel was behind it. The coffin which gets sawed in half, mirrors, smoke machines, a huge vase full of swords. There was also a 10-feet tall glass water tank, probably to be used in the Grand Finale of the interrupted show. More disturbingly, Patricia, the lovely redhead who assisted William on stage, was entrapped inside it: she was not tied up, but there was only half a feet of air between the water’s surface and the tank’s cover, and she was swimming frantically, pushing up her face sideways to breathe.

“It is always the assistant when the magician is the distraction!†laughed Zodiacus “Pisces, ascendant Leo†he screamed to Patricia “This week, your love will bring you misfortune - better tone down the romance! But you didn’t listen, you stupid girl, you followed him anyway. And now both of your fates are doomed!â€