Seal of Sedna(IC)

Ari

Captain also keep in mind that this creature while undeniably dangerous, I do not believe the creature tired to hurt anyone. He should not be treated poorly. He may also have much information on this facility and the preservers. We should use this opportunity to learn as much as we can. I am glad I could help bring this situation to a happy conclusion.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the portal was sealed, Ironclad had replaced the suit's power plant on her back, but had yet to reattach the lines and reinitialize it; at the moment she was still running on minimal power. She frowned at Captain Mirta's announcement. For someone that doesn't have much time for Earth's heroes, she thought, he's sure free with the medals once it's all over. She looked at the alien who had been at the heart of the matter. "Don't treat him too harshly," she advised. "He was merely following the spirit of scientific inquiry. But on the same hand," she added, shifting her gaze to the captain, "be careful down there. Terminus radiation isn't something you want to take lightly."

She rolled her shoulders and started walking towards the cargo bay's exit. If she had to deal with Admiral Kalf again, she wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible.

GM

Verlee Mirta looked almost offended at Supercape's words "Sir, if it says that it's some kind of caretaker left behind by the Preservers, as it did to us, then we can hardly be blamed for being a little suspicious, can we? I'll tell you if I find anything out about this matter once your meeting with Admiral Kalf is concluded. Step firmly" she added, apparently as some kind of departing pleasantry, before leading the group bearing Hrnnngsh's tank to an industrial-strength transporter, which whisked the seven of them away in a flare of green sparkles.

-----------------------------------

Admiral Kalf was in the mission hall poring over a display of the complex, its architectural secrets revealed at last, with a look of deep concern on his face. The short purple man looked up sharply at the soft tone of the door's opening, and bowed slightly when he saw who it was. Gesturing for the four heroes to be seated he told them without ceremony "Thank you for your assistance in this matter. If I had known that..creature" he spoke the word with a vicious snarl that distorted his solemn features "had been fiddling about with a Terminus portal, I would have never even dreamed of sending you in there. I am deeply sorry for the lack of intelligence gathered and displayed on this assignment, I promise you, and ask that you tell the authorities of Earth, that such mistakes will not be allowed to crop up on future collaborations between us." He stalked over to the window, scowling at a slightly sleeker vessel that was probably his flagship "I will arrange for the Discoverer to take you home as quickly as possible once all that can be persuaded out of that thing can be" he turned back to the four "Any questions?"

Jessica frowned slightly. "I would ask that the data on the Terminus portal be released to us," she said. "Like you, we have a vested interest in know as much as we can about that dimension, and any data available would help us prepare for any future invasion." She paused and added, "Not that we're expecting one, but then we weren't expecting the last few, so." Her gaze went far away as something she had just said started turning the gears in her head, and in moments she was light-years away from the conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

Tapping an obscured black button on the black tabletop with his purple hand, the admiral retrived a small USB-like tab "All we have on the portal the creature was maintaining is in here, we made it so it can easily be accessed by both sophisticated hardware like the suits you and Dadalus use, and your more..unsophisticated computers" he said, hesitating at the appropriate choice of words. More strongly he went on "As well, we have supplied a few schematics for software to upgrade the Watchtower, our scans show it has some slight deficiencies in its communications system"

To Quintessence he added "From what I am told, you and these others managed to talk the creature into deactivating the machines keeping the portal active. I commend you all for that!" he stopped, frowning at them before he said "I was...not expecting such a diplomatic solution. Most of the times I hear about you it always seems like you're brutalizing something or someone. This is a welcome change, and very promising for your prospects in the Republic."