The Date

Veiled Malice

Unfortunately for the kissing couple, fireworks and explosions weren't only going on in the men's bathroom. You didn't need super senses to hear the ruckus that suddenly erupted back in the restaurant. There was a loud crash and then shouting - both agressive and frightened.

Lynn jumps at the noise, abruptly shrinks several inches, and fervently clings to Ren. "Oh crap, they found us!" Then she frowns. "Wait, what am I talking about? Just a second."

She gently disengages from Ren and darts towards the door, activating her camouflage just before she takes a peek out into the restaurant.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn jumps at the noise, abruptly shrinks several inches, and fervently clings to Ren. "Oh crap, they found us!" Then she frowns. "Wait, what am I talking about? Just a second."

Ren quirked an eyebrow at Lynn's non sequitur, then shrugged it off. Maybe she was still worried about something else? In any case, he wasn't happy that their kiss had been broken off. Man, if this is just some waiter dropping something, I am gonna be so ticked...

Then Lynn... well, disappeared, more or less. She'd done it before, but he never got used to seeing it. Or not seeing it, as the case my be. He struck his head out of the same door, presumably above wherever Lynn's head was.

Ren quirked an eyebrow at Lynn's non sequitur, then shrugged it off. Maybe she was still worried about something else? In any case, he wasn't happy that their kiss had been broken off. Man, if this is just some waiter dropping something, I am gonna be so ticked...

Then Lynn... well, disappeared, more or less. She'd done it before, but he never got used to seeing it. Or not seeing it, as the case my be. He struck his head out of the same door, presumably above wherever Lynn's head was.

From their vantage point, the bathroom club don't see much. The full view of the restaurant floor is obscured by the wall that's supposed to mask the bathrooms, and so they can only see one portion of the tables. Something has certainly gone down - something more than just a waiter dropping his plates, in any case - the terrified looks on the patrons the pair can see attest to that. From this side of the door, it is much easier to hear what's going on as well - the fearful shouts have all but died out, replaced by an aggressive female voice - a young female voice at that. It can be disconcerting for a voice so young to be threatening so much harm to anyone that, "...does anything, like, stupid!". After a few moments of threatening, another order comes from the effeminate task master, "Jawbreaker - go, like, check out the toilets. Make sure no-body's using their phones in there or anything..."

From their vantage point, the bathroom club don't see much. The full view of the restaurant floor is obscured by the wall that's supposed to mask the bathrooms, and so they can only see one portion of the tables. Something has certainly gone down - something more than just a waiter dropping his plates, in any case - the terrified looks on the patrons the pair can see attest to that. From this side of the door, it is much easier to hear what's going on as well - the fearful shouts have all but died out, replaced by an aggressive female voice - a young female voice at that. It can be disconcerting for a voice so young to be threatening so much harm to anyone that, "...does anything, like, stupid!". After a few moments of threatening, another order comes from the effeminate task master, "Jawbreaker - go, like, check out the toilets. Make sure no-body's using their phones in there or anything..."

"...does anything, like, stupid!". After a few moments of threatening, another order comes from the effeminate task master, "Jawbreaker - go, like, check out the toilets. Make sure no-body's using their phones in there or anything..."

You can't see her face, but there is no mistaking the tone of near-blind panic in Lynn's voice when her harsh whisper comes out of nowhere.

"Oh crap, back inside! You hide behind the door, I'm gonna see if I can pull a switch; be ready to deck this girl if need be."

She moves to the wall just next to the door, then changes her mind and moves farther into the bathroom, claws out and eyes glued to the door.

"...does anything, like, stupid!". After a few moments of threatening, another order comes from the effeminate task master, "Jawbreaker - go, like, check out the toilets. Make sure no-body's using their phones in there or anything..."

You can't see her face, but there is no mistaking the tone of near-blind panic in Lynn's voice when her harsh whisper comes out of nowhere.

"Oh crap, back inside! You hide behind the door, I'm gonna see if I can pull a switch; be ready to deck this girl if need be."

She moves to the wall just next to the door, then changes her mind and moves farther into the bathroom, claws out and eyes glued to the door.

Deck her? Ren thought incredulously. Like this? I'm barely stronger than an average man right now. Although game with Lynn's plan, he wasn't sure if he could really do anything to help.

Still, he did need to get away from the door, so he went back into the stall he had been in and stood atop the toilet, hiding his feet from a casual observer. He needed to get to some kind of machine to get his powers, and soon. Without them, he was just a tougher-than-average guy.

Deck her? Ren thought incredulously. Like this? I'm barely stronger than an average man right now. Although game with Lynn's plan, he wasn't sure if he could really do anything to help.

Still, he did need to get away from the door, so he went back into the stall he had been in and stood atop the toilet, hiding his feet from a casual observer. He needed to get to some kind of machine to get his powers, and soon. Without them, he was just a tougher-than-average guy.

Before long there is a thudding down the hallway before the bathroom door flies open. A woman walks in - she's got a solid build, stands well over 5 feet tall and has Violet hair. She's grinning broadly as the door closes behind her and she cracks her knuckles, "Anyone in here? I know this is the men's room, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to come outside with me."

Before long there is a thudding down the hallway before the bathroom door flies open. A woman walks in - she's got a solid build, stands well over 5 feet tall and has Violet hair. She's grinning broadly as the door closes behind her and she cracks her knuckles, "Anyone in here? I know this is the men's room, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to come outside with me."

With a name like 'Jawbreaker' and a build like a Mack truck, Lynn thinks there's a pretty good chance this lady is a super.

Wow, maybe Ren had the right idea. :shock:

She decides to take one swing at her as a test; if she connects and seems to have done some damage, she will try and drop her, but if she laughs it off, she will bolt for the door.

Here goes nothing.

Lynn goes for her classic cheap shot to the abdomen, hoping her opponent actually feels pain.

With a name like 'Jawbreaker' and a build like a Mack truck, Lynn thinks there's a pretty good chance this lady is a super.

Wow, maybe Ren had the right idea. :shock:

She decides to take one swing at her as a test; if she connects and seems to have done some damage, she will try and drop her, but if she laughs it off, she will bolt for the door.

Here goes nothing.

Lynn goes for her classic cheap shot to the abdomen, hoping her opponent actually feels pain.

The broad woman with the colourful outer shell is caught totally unawares by the attack. The invisible claws slice into her hard exterior, leaving a mark, but the woman still stands. More than that, she doesn't even seem to notice that she's been hurt at all! She looks around the bathroom, taking it all in. Her eyes come to rest on the mens cubicles - the only place anyone could conceivably hide, "Come out, come out where ever you are." With an added, but mumbled, "If there's someone even in here..."

The broad woman with the colourful outer shell is caught totally unawares by the attack. The invisible claws slice into her hard exterior, leaving a mark, but the woman still stands. More than that, she doesn't even seem to notice that she's been hurt at all! She looks around the bathroom, taking it all in. Her eyes come to rest on the mens cubicles - the only place anyone could conceivably hide, "Come out, come out where ever you are." With an added, but mumbled, "If there's someone even in here..."

Ren pulled back farther into the stall, trying to fold himself up as he heard the woman coming closer. Wasn't Lynn supposed to have sprung her little trap by now? Maybe she still wasn't in the right position. It better happen soon, he thought worriedly as Jawbreaker approached the door. I can't do much more than hope she bruises her fists while battering me into unconsciousness like this.

Then he noticed the light above the stall, just hanging there, filled with hundreds of amps of electricity. On the other hand, maybe there is something I can do...

Ren pulled back farther into the stall, trying to fold himself up as he heard the woman coming closer. Wasn't Lynn supposed to have sprung her little trap by now? Maybe she still wasn't in the right position. It better happen soon, he thought worriedly as Jawbreaker approached the door. I can't do much more than hope she bruises her fists while battering me into unconsciousness like this.

Then he noticed the light above the stall, just hanging there, filled with hundreds of amps of electricity. On the other hand, maybe there is something I can do...

God, she didn't even feel that! Once again, operating outside of my weight class. :roll:

Lynn decides to change tactics, but her mind is racing with increasingly desperate and bizarre plans, none of which seem to be any good; she finally settles on one that might be crap, but at least would be unexpected. As quietly as she can, Lynn crawls under the partition and into the stall next to Ren's, stands up, drops her camouflage and shifts into the form of Pseudo of the Liberty League! She then steps back out into restroom and does her best to invoke his alien speech patterns while glowering in a most menacing fashion.

"I was told the food here would appeal to my alien palate, but now the evening has gone sour."

God, she didn't even feel that! Once again, operating outside of my weight class. :roll:

Lynn decides to change tactics, but her mind is racing with increasingly desperate and bizarre plans, none of which seem to be any good; she finally settles on one that might be crap, but at least would be unexpected. As quietly as she can, Lynn crawls under the partition and into the stall next to Ren's, stands up, drops her camouflage and shifts into the form of Pseudo of the Liberty League! She then steps back out into restroom and does her best to invoke his alien speech patterns while glowering in a most menacing fashion.

"I was told the food here would appeal to my alien palate, but now the evening has gone sour."

The woman known to friends and foes alike as Jawbreaker stops dead, she cocks her head to one side as she examines the 'alien'. She looks at the Leaguer, then to the stall, then back to the Leaguer, "Psuedo? You use the john?" Jawbreaker shakes her head as if dispelling a discomforting thought, then she seems to stiffen. She's thinking. After a few moments, she takes a step backward and calls back into the restaurant, "Wendy, we got a problem!"

The woman known to friends and foes alike as Jawbreaker stops dead, she cocks her head to one side as she examines the 'alien'. She looks at the Leaguer, then to the stall, then back to the Leaguer, "Psuedo? You use the john?" Jawbreaker shakes her head as if dispelling a discomforting thought, then she seems to stiffen. She's thinking. After a few moments, she takes a step backward and calls back into the restaurant, "Wendy, we got a problem!"

Who the hell is that? Ren thought. Where was Lynn? What had happened to her... Oooh.. It suddenly dawned on him that this was part of her plan, drawing the woman off-guard. And judging from Jawbreaker's shocked exclamation, it had worked. Now all he needed to do was capitalize on it.

He straightened up on the toilet, using the height it gave him to ram his hand into the over head fluorescent lamp. The entire fixture fizzled and sparked wildly, lighting the bathroom in a bizarre flickering strobe. Silvery wires extended from his hand, plugging into one end of the fixture. He pointed his other hand at the ostentatiously colored woman, (as opposed to the ostentatiously colored Pseudo) and the entire lower end of his arm transformed into what appeared to be glass container. Electricity arced inside the encasement, creating and even more freakish lightshow.

"You have a bigger problem than you think," Ren said flatly, and then let fly with all the accumulated power at once.

Who the hell is that? Ren thought. Where was Lynn? What had happened to her... Oooh.. It suddenly dawned on him that this was part of her plan, drawing the woman off-guard. And judging from Jawbreaker's shocked exclamation, it had worked. Now all he needed to do was capitalize on it.

He straightened up on the toilet, using the height it gave him to ram his hand into the over head fluorescent lamp. The entire fixture fizzled and sparked wildly, lighting the bathroom in a bizarre flickering strobe. Silvery wires extended from his hand, plugging into one end of the fixture. He pointed his other hand at the ostentatiously colored woman, (as opposed to the ostentatiously colored Pseudo) and the entire lower end of his arm transformed into what appeared to be glass container. Electricity arced inside the encasement, creating and even more freakish lightshow.

"You have a bigger problem than you think," Ren said flatly, and then let fly with all the accumulated power at once.