Well these two seem to know more about what’s going on than we do, and it looks like we could use the help.

“Guess that just leaves me. I’m Revenant. If you have an idea where they are could you possibly leads us there? It beats wandering in the dark looking for trouble. Which is something I seem to be good at.â€

She gave a broad friendly smile.

“And maybe if you want after we can help you with whatever brings you to the sewer. Or not. It’s your call. What do you say?â€

Revenant offered a hand to help them up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that okay for a 'nickname', or should I use something else? You can call me 'Cube', if you want.

It's as good as any other. And it's either that or 'Valent'. Yea, 'Cove' works.

"Cube said it. We could tell you approximately where they are. But, like us, they tend to move. Their numbers are such that they can occupy a decent section of these tunnels, yet not actually stay in any one place within their territory, from what I've seen. Now that we know that they're organized and not just wandering, the behavior is very consistent with guard patrols. Perhaps with knowledge of the tunnel system we can slip past the exterior guard and strike at the center of their command before they know what hit them." Zach finished his 'report' with a quick salute. He brought his right fist up beside his temple touching his thumb to the side of his head, then lowering his hand. Suddenly realizing he was not reporting to a CO, he added, "That is if you're looking to stop whatever operation they've got going."

The King of Suits peered at Covalent and Cubic for a moment, asking doubtfully "Ah, are you two into military stuff or something? Not criticising or anything, just wondering. Well, you seem quite handy with stealth, and you both have a head for direction besides knowing the general location of where the Worm's soldiers are, I'm convinced" turning to the other two he added "Anything else we should hammer out, like marching order?"

He glanced at the guillotine, pondering how the heck the device was supposed to tell friend from foe. Shrugging off the question for now, he tested the edge of a boomerang as he awaited the readiness of his comrades.

Lucy stood up and dusted herself down. She gestured toward the pale twins.

“Well I’m no expert, but I don’t expect that the traps are calibrated for out two friends there.â€

She looks thoughtful for a few seconds.

“So it’s probably best if we travel in roughly the same order, I still think I’m uniquely capable of taking the lead. With the twin a good distances ahead so they don’t get caught in any of our blunderings.â€

She looked at the King of Suits “But you’re the boss, I’ll go with your call.â€

She looks around at the other awaiting their responses.

"Ah, are you two into military stuff or something? Not criticising or anything, just wondering. Well, you seem quite handy with stealth, and you both have a head for direction besides knowing the general location of where the Worm's soldiers are, I'm convinced" turning to the other two he added "Anything else we should hammer out, like marching order?"

Cubic looked over to her brother, then back to the three adults. "Well, we attended a special military academy back home in the Netherlands; lots of war games, tactical theory, stuff like that."

“So it’s probably best if we travel in roughly the same order, I still think I’m uniquely capable of taking the lead. With the twin a good distances ahead so they don’t get caught in any of our blunderings.â€

She looked at the King of Suits “But you’re the boss, I’ll go with your call.â€

The Tektani girl nodded. "Yeah, that would be fine; we could relay information back to you-" Then she stopped suddenly, and shot a nervous glance over to Covalanet. Ooh, do we dare to send to them? They seem like good people, but we aren't even telling the kids at school about that yet.

"How much does lineup matter, as long as we stay relatively close?" Marco asked. "I do agree with these two scouting though, they seemed to notice that trap before we did." Of course that's because Marco forgot his damn flashlight. The twins seemed rather competent, and evidently had a military background. That would be useful. Maybe they had a clue what they were doing down here.

"Marching order could allow us to respond to attack differently depending who's where" explained the King of Suits to Mala Suerte. "With me in front, we'd be in a bad way if we came under assault by melee fighters, while you or Revenant would turn them into chowder with much less trouble. I'm mostly a ranged fighter, so guys with guns would be little trouble for me" he shrugged as he took his old place "But you're right, so long as we stay close, there shouldn't be much trouble"

Looking to the strange twins Dutch, they said? Odd. I never met any Netherlanders who looked much like that he said brightly "Lead the way, please"

Ooh, do we dare to send to them? They seem like good people, but we aren't even telling the kids at school about that yet.

If the situation is dangerous, and they need to know what's going on, then yes, it might be worth the risk. I uh, think that it's less dangerous for them to know when we're in costume. They don't know who we really are so showing them the extent of our powers isn't as bad as letting it slip to some girl at school, say. Zach winced internally. He'd forgotten he'd never told his sister about letting their sending power slip to Gwen.

"How much does lineup matter, as long as we stay relatively close?" Marco asked. "I do agree with these two scouting though, they seemed to notice that trap before we did."

"True," Zach chimed in, "Spotting potential threats is easier when you've got cat's eyes."

"But you're right, so long as we stay close, there shouldn't be much trouble"

Looking to the strange twins Dutch, they said? Odd. I never met any Netherlanders who looked much like that he said brightly "Lead the way, please"

"We'll range as far as is reasonable. If we find any threat to the group's safety, you'll know about it before it happens." Zach nodded, and then turned and began floating down the tunnel they'd triggered the trap in.

Besides, you're the one that always wants to trust these humans...

Lucy let the twins pick up a little distance, before starting off behind them. With their various powers they were difficult ti follow, but she made her best effort to keep them in view.

As she walked she tried to remember what she knew about the Dutch. She knew little back in her own time, apart from several very good insults, and times had certainly changed.

Still if these two were anything to go by the Netherland were in good hands, and they were more than capable of helping out.

She happily walked along humming a little tune under her breath and wiggling her toes in her “lucky†boots.

If the situation is dangerous, and they need to know what's going on, then yes, it might be worth the risk. I uh, think that it's less dangerous for them to know when we're in costume. They don't know who we really are so showing them the extent of our powers isn't as bad as letting it slip to some girl at school, say.

Jeena nodded. Okay, right, only as needed; we don't want to-wait, what? Her eyes narrowed. You told Gwen, didn't you? I bet you already sent to her! She shook her head and returned her focus to the conversation at hand.

"As my brother said, we can see in the dark, and between our abilities we should go undetected; we'll alert you to any dangers we see as soon as we see them." For the sake of appearances, she kept any criticisms of Zach in the mental arena; no sense in looking unprofessional!

Besides, you're the one that always wants to trust these humans...

Jeena rolled her eyes as she shrunk down to a mere mote of dust and took to the air. Yes, I'm the trusting one; no leafy redhead is going to pry any secrets out of you! Just tell me you didn't tell her we're aliens, and I won't punch you in the forehead.

No. I avoided that topic entirely. So she still thinks that we're from the land of the windmills. Zach zoomed ahead in his nearly incorporeal form. Wherever he found leaks, cracks, or piping, he traveled through those rather than through the main tunnel. Though whether it was to stay out of sight, or to avoid his twin's tiny fists was unclear.

It happened before I even knew I was doing it. I just wanted to beat Brian so bad I got carried away. Her vines heard it too. They went crazy and started demanding answers. I had to tell her what had happened, at least. Zach's mental tone was down trodden. He was distracted, and wasn't keeping his eyes on where he was going. More than a couple of times he'd been forced to double back after reaching a dead end in a wall or pipe. Now I'm not even sure she likes me anymore. So much for bearing your heart and soul. Humans can really suck sometimes. Remind me why we're helping these ones again?

Now I'm not even sure she likes me anymore. So much for bearing your heart and soul. Humans can really suck sometimes. Remind me why we're helping these ones again?

While she was relived to learn that her brother hadn't spilled all their secrets, Zach's rather self-pitying tone was starting to get under Dust-Speck Jeena's skin, and she shot him an angry sending. Hey, snap out of it, Z! A Tektani girl can break your heart the same way a human girl can! Then her angry tone softened in his mind. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but to be honest, maybe it's a good thing; you really can't date Gwen without her little 'kids' coming along for the trip. She smiled, and her thoughts took on a playful, slightly naughty tone. I mean, what if you kissed her and suddenly tasted leaves in your mouth?

She gave Zach a little time to ponder that odd thought before continuing. And as for why we're helping these humans? It's what we do, isn't it? We were trained to fight injustice and unfair treatment; it doesn't matter what form of sentient life is being oppressed or victimized, cruelty is still cruelty, no matter what color your skin is. These followers of the Worm sound like bad news, and these three brave humans are unprepared to fight them; what more is there to say?

The dank tunnels stretched on for about a fifth of a mile, the stench of the raw sewage flowing past, the noise of the water it mingled with a skin-crawling gurgling and squelching in the darkness.

Jeena and Zach soon found definite signs of habitation in the form of scattered sleeping bags and a small camping stove on the walkway. The inhabitants were three uncomfortable-looking men in bulky hoodies with thick leather jackets overtop, with the insignia of a crowned worm similar to the designs scratched into the sewer wall marking their hoods and the backs of their jackets.

The three were speaking in hushed whispers, constantly scanning the tunnels behind them for movement. They had a motley assortment of weapons(two AK-47's, an automatic pistol and three combat knives) beside them, which would at times be given quick once-overs to check for rust and any debris that would keep the weapons from full usability.

I mean, what if you kissed her and suddenly tasted leaves in your mouth?

Ew, yea, I'm not sure I'd want that type of relationship. Her sendings seemed to place him in a better mood,

She gave Zach a little time to ponder that odd thought before continuing. And as for why we're helping these humans? It's what we do, isn't it? We were trained to fight injustice and unfair treatment; it doesn't matter what form of sentient life is being oppressed or victimized, cruelty is still cruelty, no matter what color your skin is. These followers of the Worm sound like bad news, and these three brave humans are unprepared to fight them; what more is there to say?

By the Shard, I'm an idiot. You're right, sis. Let's do this!

Zach floated in the air above the three hooded men ready to pounce at a moment's notice, Okay, I'm ready. Get into position. We should try taking them out before they can sound an alarm. Targets with guns first.

• 2 weeks later...

The dank quiet of the sewer was becoming ever more tense. An undefinable feeling of unease slowly grew in each of the three heroes trudging down the filthy walkway, an inchoate knowledge that something was about to happen. Despite all that, the rats scuttled before them, the..water ran unchanged, and the cockroaches moved with their usual rapidity away from Revenant's flashlight.

With a harsh sound of metal scraping against rock, a large iron gate made of interconnected bars came groaning down in front of them! It, like the earlier guillotine, was old and obviously ill-kept, but it would still be a difficult obstacle to overcome. However, its slow movement meant that the three heroes could potentially stop it, and if it was as badly moored as the last trap, if could likely even be broken outright.

The sound of metal on stone ground on, and the gate kept at its unhurried descent.

The moment she heard the grating Lucy sprang into action, spotting the descending gate she braced herself and caught the gate before it could fall any further. It might be the damp wet conditions but the gate didn’t seem to give her to much difficulty.

She them locked her arms holding the gate in its current position, unless the Worm had any more surprises in store for this gate she should be able to hold it all days.

“I’m fine at the moment, but I suggest we move. The twins might be in more trouble than we are.â€

She gave a move gesture with her head, her arms being full at the moment.